Tamed dino speed nerf?

Klakky

I have a rex I use often to get meat quickly to feed my babies, I noticed this morning it's speed went from 290% to 121%!!!!

That is a HUGE nerf!! so what happens to all those points wasted in the speed? what happens to the parents that were bred for speed? this dino has good hp/melee stats with 290% speed, or should I say IT HAD 290% SPEED!!

I guess I better take my rex out back seeing as how useless it is to me now with its bigest attribute almost to a 0% why this silent nerf?!?!?

17 minutes ago, Klakky said:

I have a rex I use often to get meat quickly to feed my babies, I noticed this morning it's speed went from 290% to 121%!!!!

That is a HUGE nerf!! so what happens to all those points wasted in the speed? what happens to the parents that were bred for speed? this dino has good hp/melee stats with 290% speed, or should I say IT HAD 290% SPEED!!

I guess I better take my rex out back seeing as how useless it is to me now with its bigest attribute almost to a 0% why this silent nerf?!?!?

one...not a silent nerf, it was in the patch notes

two...it still has all those points, if you read the patch notes, you'd know that the value of each point was reduced

3 minutes ago, Klakky said:

These patch notes? show me where

lmao...you didn't even try...a VERY simple CTRL+F

Dino Specific Changes:

- Fixed issue where dino attacks could not do damage under low server FPS.
- Fixed the dino fleeing mechanic so that dinos should no longer run into walls endlessly.
- Fixed the dino fleeing mechanic so that dinos should attempt to run towards the player and not towards water, previously causing them to torpor out in water and drown. In the case where the dino cannot reach the player, it may still end up running towards water via picking a random direction.
- Fixed issue with Thylacoleo, Kaprosuchus, Megalosaurus, and Tuso where when attacking, the creature was able to force the target under world geometry and make them unrideable/unmovable.
- Rebalanced speed gained per tamed level up on all dinos.

There's nothing about already lvld up dinos in the patch notes, my dino had its speed stat until a few days ago, that patch note is older and as it says speed gained per tamed level up. So what about already lvld up dinos? why have they been slowly nerfed then? and none of the stats changed, its still the same lvl without lvl ups, same stats, except the massive speed nerf -_-

18 minutes ago, perk8504 said:

if you can't understand game mechanics, I can't/won't help you

but don't go declaring silent nerfs when you can't even put in the time of a simple search

22 minutes ago, Klakky said:

There's nothing about already lvld up dinos in the patch notes, my dino had its speed stat until a few days ago, that patch note is older and as it says speed gained per tamed level up. So what about already lvld up dinos? why have they been slowly nerfed then? and none of the stats changed, its still the same lvl without lvl ups, same stats, except the massive speed nerf -_-

4 hours ago, Gilgamesh908 said:

Also what is up with people saying "this sucks I bred this dino SPECIFICALLY for speed!"  They do know that all those inhereted stats in movespeed never in the history of ark made a dino faster and that is why knowledgeable breeders more commonly refer to movespeed levels as "wasted points"?

I'm sure they meant they bred and imprinted it so it had decent enough stats all around so they could afford to dump points into speed, and still have something useful.

5 hours ago, perk8504 said:

it's pretty obvious man...the value of every point for speed was decreased

it doesn't matter if it was already leveled up or not, every level you were awarded a point and you put that point into speed, and the value of those points was decreased

no no non no! Stop spreading wrong info! Some dinos reduced speed, others are much faster: EX carnos trikes/anks/equus seemed to get increase in base speed. Equus got per level increase from 2% to 2.1%

10 hours ago, Klakky said:

With their stride they outsped most dinos with their sprint to the point of absurdity.

Tamed Raptors, Carnos, Terror Birds, Sabers, Direwolves, Allosaurs and a bunch of other mounts were just no match for the Rex's stride and +5% speed per level.

15 hours ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

no no non no! Stop spreading wrong info! Some dinos reduced speed, others are much faster: EX carnos trikes/anks/equus seemed to get increase in base speed. Equus got per level increase from 2% to 2.1%

not spreading wrong info, I have yet to say that every single dino's speed was nerfed

we were talking about rexes

Just now, perk8504 said:

not spreading wrong info, I have yet to say that every single dino's speed was nerfed

we were talking about rexes

20 hours ago, perk8504 said:

it's pretty obvious man...the value of every point for speed was decreased

it doesn't matter if it was already leveled up or not, every level you were awarded a point and you put that point into speed, and the value of those points was decreased

Sounds like "every species" dude. Be careful with wording. 

16 hours ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

I'm sure they meant they bred and imprinted it so it had decent enough stats all around so they could afford to dump points into speed, and still have something useful.

Then 120% is a base speed of fully imprinted Rex. Change from 290 to 120 is impossible. I think OP mixed his rexes and is riding the one without speed levels and freaking out without calmly assessing the situation.

...unless there is indeed a bug involved.

10 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Then 120% is a base speed of fully imprinted Rex. Change from 290 to 120 is impossible. I think OP mixed his rexes and is riding the one without speed levels and freaking out without calmly assessing the situation.

...unless there is indeed a bug involved.

rex base speed (non-imprinted) is reduced by 10% on tame  (starting at 90% now)

Archived