new eating/hunger speed (stasis eating nerf) *fixed*

HiImZech

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also got tired of logging in just to spend my game time gatherin food for my dinos just to log out again.

When it got to this point pretty much quit. Since then I've tried a couple of times to come back only to have anything I've built up be wiped level to the ground within a week by server hopping alpha's.

Now days I login, grind up some explosives, go troll and logout again as thats about all I can achieve in the small time spam between wipes.

As for taming anything anymore, not worth the time and effort, just gonna get wiped by the end of the week.

This game has done nothing but go down hill since it came out, proof is the current state of the game whereby its just trolling you in so many ways to quit.

If the alpha doesnt get rid of you, the monotony of the ever increasing grinds probably will.

38 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

When did this get added? I checked my pets this morning and they seemed on normal food. I wish they should stop trying to FORCE us to play, I want to play because I enjoy the game, not to prevent losing 2 years of work :(

259 patch notes

there is no difference between stasis and unstasis eating rate

1 hour ago, BroJob said:

I also got tired of logging in just to spend my game time gatherin food for my dinos just to log out again.

When it got to this point pretty much quit. Since then I've tried a couple of times to come back only to have anything I've built up be wiped level to the ground within a week by server hopping alpha's.

Now days I login, grind up some explosives, go troll and logout again as thats about all I can achieve in the small time spam between wipes.

As for taming anything anymore, not worth the time and effort, just gonna get wiped by the end of the week.

This game has done nothing but go down hill since it came out, proof is the current state of the game whereby its just trolling you in so many ways to quit.

If the alpha doesnt get rid of you, the monotony of the ever increasing grinds probably will.

bruh i'm on pve

but i understand your pain.

it was pvp that made me go into pve

57 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

When did this get added? I checked my pets this morning and they seemed on normal food. I wish they should stop trying to FORCE us to play, I want to play because I enjoy the game, not to prevent losing 2 years of work :(

Fixed issue where stasis was reducing the food consumption of dinos

Revert.. they NEVER revert anything. :)

By the way: does anyone have info or did a measurement on how much food idle animals supposed to consume in a given timeframe (hourly/daily)?

Is it a fixed value for each type of dinops, or some dinos eat more or less? I would be really good to be able to calculate how often I need to feed X animal with Y amount of food stat. 

It sucks especially for small animals such as troodon...

Got not that much food and if you don't get full throughs all the time, those are most likely to starve first.

But my idea on the spoilage is, why not make spoiled meat still consumable by carnivores and it just restores a small ammount of food? Many real carnivores often eat carcasses, if they cant get freshprey atm. So they'd still prefer raw meat and regain more food throug this but would eat the spoiled, if nothing else is in reach. It would be just the least prefered food for them despite the fact that it'll restore the lessest ammount of food.

11 hours ago, CriD said:

Feeding is easy. Get a food truck. 

Put about 4-6 troughs on a quetz. Go kill Dino's with quetz until you fill troughs. Walk or slow fly quetz through your base. Add a Genny and fridges for extra. 

So easy to do. Very little effort. 

This is actually the slow way to do it now that dinos eat so slowly.  Not to mention the quetz is certainly not optimal for collecting meat.  It's actually quicker to just dump food into stationary troughs and forget about it.  The food truck quetz is only good if you are afking and can come back every 20 minutes to shift it to the next spot.

One positive thing about this is that if someone does not login 7+ days most of the dinos wil be dead because of starvation.

So we got a little solution agains server hoarders that claim...

But they need to adjust the eating timers a bit or meat spoil timers, doing meat runs is not bad but it takes more time if you have ALOT of dinos that consume more than an average dino.  They should implement that dinos eat less when the OWNER is not online and set this to MATURE dinos only this should not be hard to put that in the code. But by now i hope we get some official word or something if they are planning todo something about this ro if they are looking into it

52 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

One positive thing about this is that if someone does not login 7+ days most of the dinos wil be dead because of starvation.

So we got a little solution agains server hoarders that claim...

But they need to adjust the eating timers a bit or meat spoil timers, doing meat runs is not bad but it takes more time if you have ALOT of dinos that consume more than an average dino.  They should implement that dinos eat less when the OWNER is not online and set this to MATURE dinos only this should not be hard to put that in the code. But by now i hope we get some official word or something if they are planning todo something about this ro if they are looking into it

considering it in this light then I suppose it makes sense right?

for example, my 2 man tribe literally uses 2 gigas, 2 rex's,, a bronto, a beaver, 6 ptera's, 4 argy's, a beetle, 2 oviraptors, 2 diod, 2 anklio's, 1 quetz, 1 megla and a peacock in a pear tree.

some of these maybe even once a week.

our 2 raptors, 6 dilos, igi, 2 sabers, 1 wolf, 2 trikes, turtles and pachy literally get moved around the base to make space.

previously whilst I been away I set 3 dilos to 1 raptor on aggressive and let them wander around outside our walls, may make them follow a rex now, easiest way of having them feed themselves to combat the new timers. they don't generally leave the area they wander in

EDIT: does this also mean that starve timers are affected on wild dinos when taming?

Yeah the Change was horrible in my opinion.

I need to feed my Troodons once a day now to prevent them from starving (and they're not super low lvl ones) and the Gigas (all bred ones, so not complete poop food stat either) survive maybe 2.5 days....it's raptoring retarded, I don't have to feed my real life pets half that often.

Another huge problem for me is breeding now...I can basically only breed at weekends now and only breed things that take less than 3 days total; before my babies would, because of being in stasis every now and then, survive me going to university, but now it's impossible, at least for carnivores.

Every time I want to play Ark now I log in, see half my poop is at 10% food, feed all stuff and then I'm pissed at the game and log off again, especially with all the beyond retarded nerfs lately.

5 minutes ago, YellowJacket said:

either) survive maybe 2.5 days....it's raptoring retarded, I don't have to feed my real life pets half that often.

hmmm... you are feeding your dogs and cats in every 5 days only???? Or what kind of real life pets you have what dont require daily attention from you? Crocodile? Snake? Camel? :D

(nevertheless I agree with you tha game tries to chain everyone to the computer more radically)

26 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

hmmm... you are feeding your dogs and cats in every 5 days only???? Or what kind of real life pets you have what dont require daily attention from you? Crocodile? Snake? Camel? :D

(nevertheless I agree with you tha game tries to chain everyone to the computer more radically)

We should not compare a game with a real life situation, and agree on the last line, and if sarcasm i totally agree :P

Archived