Taming/Kibble Rebalnce- Brain Storming

spacejam

Very soon we will be headed to a kibble/taming rebalance. I for one would like to see Wildcard maybe communicate with us first of what they imagine the rebalance to look like, and open a brain storming session with the players as to our thoughts of pros and cons of the adjustments.

I really don't want to see another game changing nerf, that only enrages the community and takes another 6 weeks to slowly bring up to something that is a workable.

I'm sure that WC have read all our ideas before and have their own idea's on how the rebalance will work. But im hoping that they may take a different approach instead on just rolling out a Patch that will only cause the next great winge fest!!!!.

I haven't really had any great ideas myself but have read a few, if I can find the ideas from this page ill link them in.

What are your opinions guys, how do you think the taming/kibble rebalance should work ?

Whets your great idea!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am 100% certain that the purpose of the kibble rebalance is not to slow down game play but to improve it. Wildcard seems to understand the underlying issue with kibble.

The issue that kibble/eggs generally cause and the reason it needs a rework is because of the massive kibble farms required to get necessary amounts of kibble, not only is it imbalanced, but it puts a major strain on memory and the game in general. The band-aid to keep in the meantime it was mutton, but now that the rework is on the way, they (understandably) nerfed it.

I have seen many solutions to the rebalance of kibble farms (not just the flow of it that obviously still needs fixing):

-Have the food stat of dinos determine egg laying intervals (Gives a purpose to the food stat in all creatures and fixes the problem)

-Just increase egg laying speed (fast and easy way, but lazy)

-Have kibble be put in drops (I like this idea a lot, but it will not help the problem in the long run)

-Have dinos just require less kibble (Another lazy one, but it will fix the problem, but imprinting kibble will still be desired a lot in bulk)

I like the first option the best, and having kibble in drops would also be nice, however, one thing is for sure, the whole "1 male for every 3-4 female" rule for egg layers needs to be ditched for a better system that doesn't hinder performance.

3 types: herbivore, carnivore and a special one for rotten meat lovers. (or even 2 types and scorps and alike can have spoiled kibble)

separate eggs by sizes: small, medium, large.

Different egg sizes produce different amount of kibble of chosen type/recipe: small = 1, medium = 3, large = 5. Amount of kibble consumed by dinos should be rebalanced as well (they will have to consume way more than now).

That way you have only 9(6) recipes and don't have to keep ALL them dinos for kibble farm, less hassle during imprinting (when baby wants a treat).

To make things "harder" and interesting they can reduce spoil times on unfertilized eggs and kibbles, give dodos normal egg laying mechanic and reduce overall egg-laying rate.

Edit: maybe even have 2 recipes for each type and size - one for newer players with normal/prime meat or berries/veggies and "tasty ones" for more advanced players with mutton/prime jerky for carnivores and honey/sap for herbivores.

- Remove Titanboa Kibble from the game altogether. It begs belief that in this stage in the games development they're still releasing dino's that need it yet the only way to consistently acquire it is through exploiting the game's mechanics. Either make them tamable or remove the need for their kibble.

- Make eggs spawn more often but increase the resources needed to cook kibble / or increase the amount of kibble given per egg whilst increasing the resources needed.

- Make the cooker give more kibble per cook akin to the chem bench. 

I would like to see the whole taming mechanic be something else than down the dino and feed it for hours (speaking about the majority of the tames here). Make it interactive. Let us 'play' with the dinos, win their trust. But I dont think they will do.

What i suggest for kibble secifically is one or multiple of these options:

- No more eggs required to make kibble, introduce more flora we can plant to make kibble. And introduce specific kinds of meat that can b e aquired from certain creatures (For example Juicy meat from Daeadons, greasy meat from brontos, etc)

- OR make it a fixed interval for an egg to drop, no more RNG nonsense. Atleast we can calculate how long it will take us to assemble enough kibble and we wouldnt need as big a kibble farm as we do now.

- Let oviraptors pick up dropped eggs and let them store them in a fridge. 

- Decrease the ammount of kibble, make it specifically for certain dino groups. For example 1 kibble for mammals, 1 kibble for herbivores, 1 kibble for carnivores, 1 kibble for aquatic dinos.

There are so many ways they can take this to decrease the overall need for large kibble farms and lessen the strain on servers.

4 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

3 types: herbivore, carnivore and a special one for rotten meat lovers. (or even 2 types and scorps and alike can have spoiled kibble)

Different egg sizes produce different amount of kibble of chosen type/recipe: small = 1, medium = 3, large = 5. Amount of kibble consumed by dinos should be rebalanced as well (they will have to consume way more than now).

That way you have only 9(6) recipes and don't have to keep ALL them dinos for kibble farm, less hassle during imprinting (when baby wants a treat).

To make things "harder" and interesting they can reduce spoil times on unfertilized eggs and kibbles, give dodos normal egg laying mechanic and reduce overall egg-laying rate.

Edit: maybe even have 2 recipes for each type and size - one for newer players with normal/prime meat or berries/veggies and "tasty ones" for more advanced players with mutton/prime jerky for carnivores and honey/sap for herbivores.

This is almost like I imagine it too.

Maybe you'd need 10 dilo eggs for a small kibble, or 30 for a medium kibble, or 50 for a big kibble. 

3 trike eggs for a small one, 7 eggs for a Medium kibble, 15 for a big kibble.

1 / 3 / 5 carno eggs

X / 1 / 3 rex eggs

X / X / 1 giga egg = 2 big kibbles

Etc. (+ other ingedients ofc, numbers made up, but I hope you get what I mean)

So you'd want to get rid of easy tame small animals and not just have 150 dilos for kibbles.

17 minutes ago, Weiss said:

Maybe you'd need 10 dilo eggs for a small kibble, or 30 for a medium kibble, or 50 for a big kibble. 

1 / 3 / 5 carno eggs

X / 1 / 3 rex eggs

So you'd want to get rid of easy tame small animals and not just have 150 dilos for kibbles.

I really like this idea. would be a great start for wild, Im very curious what they will come up with

31 minutes ago, Weiss said:

1 / 3 / 5 carno eggs

X / 1 / 3 rex eggs

i envisioned kibble as being universal thing, so small, medium and large eggs produce same thing but in different quantities. The only difference is that you add meat products for carnivores and berries/veggies for herbivores, hence 2 types, or 4 if you add higher grade "tasty" kibble.

5 hours ago, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

I want TEK kibble to use it on the official server i play on... i got ca. 30 vaults full of element and dunno what to do with it... :/

I kinda like this idea, one Tek kibble to tame them all :P 
Maybe with a Tek kibble you can instant tame a dino or something like this ? A very expensive kibble for very end game players, so they'll don't need an egg farm anymore.

And maybe we can do some custom recipes kibble, you'll have the egg as a base ingredient and you can add muttons, berries, jerky (element ?) and it'll increase the efficiency of the kibble so when you can tame a dino with 50 base kibbles if you put somme effort and time in your cooking you'll end with maybe 10 or 20 kibbles ? 

1 hour ago, eswimm said:

Honestly, I'm a fan of the kibble tree, because it creates a natural progression through the taming process for new players.  There just needs to be a way to follow that same path without having to tame a dozen of each creature along the way.

Just making eggs fixed interval would probably work.

Making wild dinos lay eggs more often would help. Or say if we had different meats for each dino,

the kibble recipes could take meat instead of eggs. That may be too easy though.

11 hours ago, booned said:

- Remove Titanboa Kibble from the game altogether. It begs belief that in this stage in the games development they're still releasing dino's that need it yet the only way to consistently acquire it is through exploiting the game's mechanics. Either make them tamable or remove the need for their kibble.

- Make eggs spawn more often but increase the resources needed to cook kibble / or increase the amount of kibble given per egg whilst increasing the resources needed.

- Make the cooker give more kibble per cook akin to the chem bench. 

Titanoboa kibble can rot in hell.

11 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

STEALING MY IDEAS STRAIGHT FROM MY BRAIN AND POSTING THEM, EH? I'LL SHOW YOU!

But yeah I liked the idea of generalized kibbles. Eliminates waste dinos like the Diplodocus, Dimetrodon, Terror Bird, Gallimimus, and Sarco from the circle.

6 hours ago, BobRoss said:

I would like to see the whole taming mechanic be something else than down the dino and feed it for hours (speaking about the majority of the tames here). Make it interactive. Let us 'play' with the dinos, win their trust. But I dont think they will do.

What i suggest for kibble secifically is one or multiple of these options:

- No more eggs required to make kibble, introduce more flora we can plant to make kibble. And introduce specific kinds of meat that can b e aquired from certain creatures (For example Juicy meat from Daeadons, greasy meat from brontos, etc)

- OR make it a fixed interval for an egg to drop, no more RNG nonsense. Atleast we can calculate how long it will take us to assemble enough kibble and we wouldnt need as big a kibble farm as we do now.

- Let oviraptors pick up dropped eggs and let them store them in a fridge. 

- Decrease the ammount of kibble, make it specifically for certain dino groups. For example 1 kibble for mammals, 1 kibble for herbivores, 1 kibble for carnivores, 1 kibble for aquatic dinos.

There are so many ways they can take this to decrease the overall need for large kibble farms and lessen the strain on servers.

They prototyped this with Equus, and it's break-in taming mechanic. Pretty cool and takes short time with Rockkarrots. Wonder if other things will get this stuff too.

Also some creatures NEED a kibble or a preferred food  that is fast as kibble or mutton (EX mantas/eels/scorps/bats/spiders) 

2 hours ago, eswimm said:

Honestly, I'm a fan of the kibble tree, because it creates a natural progression through the taming process for new players.  There just needs to be a way to follow that same path without having to tame a dozen of each creature along the way.

Some creatures have... questionable... positions in the tree, so that needs fixing if Kibble does NOT get reworked. 

2 hours ago, eswimm said:

Except that current kibble tree doesnt work as "progression" at all. You dont use kibble to tame low level something you need eggs from for another kibble - thats a waste of time and resources.

I know this is un-popular, but i like having an egg farm! I love finding low-level Dino's to tame nice and quick and pop in my egg farm,. It's honestly one of my favorite parts of the game. But I agree egg drop rate is too low (I have mine turned up 2x on my server) A few points I have:

-The kibble tree is wonky. Position of things like the trike need to be looked at

-Scorpions not affected by the ovi means i have to have so many of them to produce eggs, and with them needed for Rex, they are vital

-A stat that ups egg drop rate would be fantastic. Food was mentioned and I think that's fantastic. Plus with the change to offline Dino food consumption, that us a great reason to level the stat.

-The ovi being able to pick up eggs would be awesome as well. The trade off being, they are limited by their weight. Be nice to have my ovi do more than just sit there spraying pheromones.

11 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Except that current kibble tree doesnt work as "progression" at all. You dont use kibble to tame low level something you need eggs from for another kibble - thats a waste of time and resources.

I like the kibble tree as well, but you're correct, It needs adjusting so that you don't need hard-to-tame creatures to get beginner dinos.

Also to hell with titanboa kibble.

11 minutes ago, Jkyle37 said:

-A stat that ups egg drop rate would be fantastic. Food was mentioned and I think that's fantastic. Plus with the change to offline Dino food consumption, that us a great reason to level the stat.

Here is an idea: add "crafting skill" renamed to "egg laying rate" to tamed dinos, base 100%, wild dinos dont spend points in it.

You cant level it up, but you can get mutation that will increase it by 20% (10% per point, mutation is +2 points/levels). Breed your Egg layers for faster egg laying speed! 5 mutations and you double base egg laying rate, 15 mutations and you quadrupled it! At this point you wont need many dinos for kibble farm.

Honestly all they have to do is increase the rate at which wild dinos lay eggs and also make it so wild dinos can lay eggs both fertilized and non fert eggs it will eliminate kibble farms and breeding farms. It will however make it so its harder to get that perfect rex to fight the boss fights but they can rework boss fights so its more strategic and u can use other dinos and stragety... 

I also think if u keep breeding as it is then the babies should have stats based on the points u invest in not pre level up base stats because that leads to people having to have many dinos to get the perfect dino they want which leads to many unused dinos....

This idea is gonna be controversial and require more work than they can do in a month or so...

I'd go for some of these changes:

- Buff the Oviraptor so that it can stand in for superfluous tames that currently compose kibble farms. You could increase the difficulty of the Oviraptor tame, but allow Oviraptors to "stack," so having three Oviraptors in an area will result in greater egg production than just one. Remove the increased egg production for mate boosts for all creatures except Dodos. This essentially removes the necessity of having a male for each dino, and it reduces the number of females you need to create a kibble "farm."

- Alter Imprinting so that baby tames only require their preferred kibble, rather than RNG selecting from a list of possible kibbles. You can implement new imprint options (or better, a complete imprinting overhaul if needed) to cover items like Prime Meat or Savoroot as compensation for the removal of kibbles from the list. Again, though, this helps remove superfluous tames since you only need one species rather than however many it is you need now.

- Rework the kibble tree to become more progression oriented based on creature type, and less randomly distributed. For example, Dodo > Ichthyornis > Pelagornis, rather than Pegomastax > Ichthyornis > Giant Bee and Pegomastax > Pelagornis > Archa > Newt. Mammals and sea creatures branch off points that are approximately equal in progression (i.e. Megalodon might come from Baryonyx kibble rather than Spino Kibble)

- Normalize extra kibble ingredients to match generic archetypes. For example, herbivore mammals always take Rockarrot, flyers and sea tames take Citronal, carnivores take Savoroot, and reptiles, amphibians, and herbivore dinosaurs take Longrass. For the tertiary ingredient, more variability is implemented and depends more specifically on creature type. Information about what creatures prefer is more readily available in Rockwell Notes found in dino inventories.

- Provide for more interactive taming types, with kibble acting as a secondary mechanic, such as the Equus taming now. Additionally, more creatures accept non-kibble "kibbles," (i.e. Manta accepts Angler Gel, or Arthropleura accepts Broth of Enlightenment), particularly creatures who initiate or would otherwise dead-end a kibble tree.

7 hours ago, BobRoss said:

I would like to see the whole taming mechanic be something else than down the dino and feed it for hours (speaking about the majority of the tames here). Make it interactive. Let us 'play' with the dinos, win their trust. But I dont think they will do

I agree so much here - the entire "click this button once every X minutes to see an orange line get bigger mini-game" is ludicrous.   I was pleasantly surprised by the Hyena  taming metric, and I hope they go that route with all the different dinos.

But, let's face it, the entire kibble/materials tree is completely whacked because it relies on such rare materials. 

Just now, DarthaNyan said:

Here is an idea: add "crafting skill" renamed to "egg rate" to tamed dinos, base 100%, wild dinos dont spend points in it. You cant level it up, but you can get mutation that will increase it by 20% (10% per point, mutation is +2 points/levels). Breed your Egg layers for faster egg laying speed!

I love this idea! But to play devil's advocate, on lower tier kibble, say dilio, is the effort to breed and breed and breed going to be worth it once that player/tribe stops needing that kibble relatively quickly

Also with us being unable to breed scorps, we can never have this for their eggs.

however changes to the kibble, making some egg layers never or rarely obsolete, could solve this. Also let me breed scorpions!!!

8 minutes ago, Jkyle37 said:

I love this idea! But to play devil's advocate, on lower tier kibble, say dilio, is the effort to breed and breed and breed going to be worth it once that player/tribe stops needing that kibble relatively quickly

you dont have to do it only for yourself by yourself, you can buy/sell them as well. Thats an extra market for dinos/eggs.

8 minutes ago, HippoZoned said:

I also think if u keep breeding as it is then the babies should have stats based on the points u invest in not pre level up base stats because that leads to people having to have many dinos to get the perfect dino they want which leads to many unused dinos....

You clearly dont understand consequences of that idea. It wont be implemented, ever.

Archived