Instant Despawning Dinos after claimable timer?

SadPanda

I am not sure what the criteria or circumstances of player tames despawning shortly after becoming claimable is if anyone has some info:

• Is this intended
  • Is it limited to just Primitive Plus
  • What is the radius that prevents despawning of dinos (not limited to render distance as I've watched a water pen despawn along with the dinos while claiming other dinos in land pen)
  • Is it tied to a day cycle or time based after claimable timer.
  • Will unclaimed dinos still despawn if not in close proximity to automatic base destruction timer.
  • Does it share the same timer as autodestruct.

I'm also curious as to what is going on with this, as this was not the way things were. I've claimed several dinos not even a month ago from time outs.

I actually lost one of my own dinos to this. I had let another tribe mate claim it when they started. They played maybe a day and not much more. I was never able to reclaim it because they never logged back in. So when the tribe broke up and I formed my own solo tribe, I figured I'd just claim it at the end of the 7 days. It was parked in my line of raptors, waiting. Logged in and poof! Level 272 raptor is gone.

We're a pretty small server, too. We have our regulars and we've been losing a few. Their bases and dinos are just vanishing without a chance to grab anything.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 6/26/2017 at 10:04 PM, SadPanda said:

I am not sure what the criteria or circumstances of player tames despawning shortly after becoming claimable is if anyone has some info:

• Is this intended
  • Is it limited to just Primitive Plus
  • What is the radius that prevents despawning of dinos (not limited to render distance as I've watched a water pen despawn along with the dinos while claiming other dinos in land pen)
  • Is it tied to a day cycle or time based after claimable timer.
  • Will unclaimed dinos still despawn if not in close proximity to automatic base destruction timer.
  • Does it share the same timer as autodestruct.

• Yes.
  • No.
  • Not too sure - check the devkit.
  • As soon as they are loaded (going out of stasis cause a player rendered them; if timers expired they gets deleted).
  • Unclaimed dinos still have a timer.
  • 8 days.

Archived