Breeding Question Stat and colour mutation but colour mutation not showing?

Zergling963

But the colour mutation isn't there but its showing in the genes line?? Is this because I got a second mutation stat?? I am trying to test breeding timers on my server hence why I am using the mosasaurus but I am kinda confused why the stat mutation showed but the colour didn't when its registering there??

Pictures below! mosasaurus was bred with my green colour mutation male mosasaurus and I am certain it got a stamina mutation as its different from the parents but it seems to be registering the colour mutation but there is none there???

or is it not the colour mutation but instead a double stack of stamina mutation?? As it has gone from 6480 to 6560 stamina so probably only one increase there!

Help please am kinda new to this breeding stuff! Thanks

Dads mutation pic included and the baby picture which seems to have mums colours but not the mutated colour?? So confused

20170626023456_1.jpg

20170626131607_1.jpg

20170626130509_1.jpg

20170626130513_1.jpg

We would need to know the stat values of each parent in order to tell you which stats were mutated. But, yes, most likely it's just stat if the colors are the same. Colors are not guaranteed to pass. 

Edit: I should say; colors and stats are not guaranteed to pass unless both parents share the same color/stats. It's always color or stat from either parent.

4 minutes ago, Nokosa said:

We would need to know the stat values of each parent in order to tell you which stats were mutated. But, yes, most likely it's just stat if the colors are the same. Colors are not guaranteed to pass. 

Edit: I should say; colors and stats are not guaranteed to pass unless both parents share the same color/stats. It's always color or stat from either parent.

I can't remember totally as I was trying to imprint but cause my timers are every hour I just had to sleep so can't remember all the parents stats! I know for certain stamina has mutated cause that is higher than both the parents other stats I don't think are any different know the weight is the fathers as it continues from the mother as it's the first mothers weight and I am certain other stats haven't mutated. Interesting though

2 minutes ago, Dthurst said:

The color mutations stay in the bloodline. Easy way to prove it is by breeding a color mutated Dino with wild tame then taking offspring that doesn't show the color and breeding it with other wild tames. The color will show back up without an extra mutation occurring.

Interesting thanks wasn't sure about this! Good to know! 

5 minutes ago, Dthurst said:

The color mutations stay in the bloodline. Easy way to prove it is by breeding a color mutated Dino with wild tame then taking offspring that doesn't show the color and breeding it with other wild tames. The color will show back up without an extra mutation occurring.

True, but, again, not guaranteed. You could go several generations without seeing the color again.

Just now, Nokosa said:

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Color_IDs

1-13 and 15-18 are all considered unnatural colors, only achieved through mutation. If it is a color mutation chances are it's probably a not-so-frilly brown or black color. If not then it's most definitely a stat of some sort.

Thanks my first mutation was a normal green which is not what I wanted :( but its just not showing up in this baby!

My server just broke and went down anyway so hopefully its up again before imprinting needs to happen or guess I just wont bother testing imprinting on this baby either

Just now, Nokosa said:

True, but, again, not guaranteed. You could go several generations without seeing the color again.

interesting to know too

really I was trying to test breeding/imprint timers on my server haven't had much luck yet but I also want to breed for colour mutations but want bright colours lol

Archived