Ark Understanding of PVP

Maydayanarchy

i have tried to play ark on pvp mostly because pve is not as fun but it seems like harassment in the game is idiotic we have alpha tribes that feel like they are the devs because they implement there own rules to the server blocking obs and spawns and it dosent seem fair and when they get reported for harassment nothing is done i feel like the devs have given up on helping players and left it all to the alpha tribes to handle 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Maydayanarchy said:

i have tried to play ark on pvp mostly because pve is not as fun but it seems like harassment in the game is idiotic we have alpha tribes that feel like they are the devs because they implement there own rules to the server blocking obs and spawns and it dosent seem fair and when they get reported for harassment nothing is done i feel like the devs have given up on helping players and left it all to the alpha tribes to handle 

Rules are here..

if you feel like your being harassed take screen shots or record and report to wc... you can also report them to Sony Microsoft and steam. I know for a fact people have been banned by wc. I know peop,e that have also been banned for up to 6 months for first offense on PS4 for harassment in ark. One of our alliance tribe mates said some foul stuff in global chat to a group. He lost his PS4 account and his PS4 is bricked for 6 months. Oh yeah he deserved what he got haven't seen a mouth like that on someone since we'll never... 

be sure you always read read your terms of service in any platform or game.

yea i would love to do something about it but when your highest level character is enslaved and all you have is a low level 1 its hard to even build up let alone survive long enough to even make a difference in any server but i understand its meant to be a struggle but even when you report players for harassment or anything in the guidelines and provide a picture or proof it dosent help iv been in a server with racists and people who block spawns and iv reported and sent picture and the harassment continues devs havent done anything about them they are still there as alphas insulting and harassing players and preventing players from spawning so what can we do when i dont see the devs doing much 

:Melee_Damage:FIGHT THE ARK

I guess it depends on what you are calling harrassment...  If they are blocking obs and drops and killing or bullying everyone in the server then welcome to ARK PVP.  And yes there is always something you can do about it.  eventually they will forget about that high lvl character and you can kill it to get out of a cage.   In the mean time just troll them.  Even if that means going to a different server to build a character up and make a rifle and tame a ptera. ( And yes even if they have everything blocked, this is ark nothing is built perfectly with no cracks or issues keeping you out.) Thats all you need to just be a pain in there side.  All depends on the amount of determination you have in creating them problems. 

15 hours ago, Maydayanarchy said:

It's rough but the public servers are a anarchic battleground. I'm going to talk about the dominion those tribes hold rather than harassment, which is very different and should be reported.

Players and tribes are allowed to be sausages (within the rules) and that's okay. Part of playing on a public server. The dream of becoming so powerful you can force players, strangers and friends alike, to follow your rules is a common (and to many people fun) goal to have! Things like "you must pay a toll to access the ob" or "anyone who tames a frog must name it Kermit or I will run the titan over everything you own" nothing like that breaks the ToS 

The thing about public servers is that power must be obtained by time invested and teamwork. There is no admin who can use commands to give and take away. It's true power (hackers notwithstanding, but that's a separate issue) It's a difficult place to play as a solo player, but not impossible. If you just want to build, breed and explore in peace with the option of occasional, organized pvp, then there are tons of private servers you can join that will make sure that play style is protected. 

Public servers is not the "standard" ark experience. It is one way to play ark. Find a server that matches your play style!

Archived