Why buy Scorched Earth if Ragnarok is free?

CrackerJackx13

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Sphere said:

To be honest, I waited until a sale, and for an easy 10 bucks, I got a new map. 10 bucks is lunch money.

Oh my word, yes. 

People don't think twice about paying about $20 to go to the theater for a movie and popcorn for 2 hours of entertainment. I get the dilemma of shared creatures, but on its own SE is a great map if nothing else. I loved the difficulty alone. So easily worth the money I spent. 

Really dont get the people saying 'you should buy it to support the developer', you should only buy it if the map/content appeals to you, simple as that

Personally I bought it for Wyverns and never actually raised one, just go over there to farm silk and cactus sap/sand for my incubation setup now and again, oh and to level up new tames and hit desert drops

So yh it was worth it for me personally fkr those reasons alone but I'd never set up a permanent base over there, prefer the centre massively so have spent the vast majority of my 1900 hours on that map

16 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

Could be worse, you could have bought SE and never set foot in it.

Did I do that...yes I did. Do I regret throwing another 20$ and WC ? Of course.

Same, you get all those tames on raknorok, Now that trading is a thing you dont need to worrie about the engrams really just find the right person and make a trade. simple easy and done....

2 minutes ago, CrackerJackx13 said:

Same, you get all those tames on raknorok, Now that trading is a thing you dont need to worrie about the engrams really just find the right person and make a trade. simple easy and done....

you could also get those tames from trading

so, according to you, there was never a reason to buy it

Just now, CrackerJackx13 said:

Not saying that. Just pointing out the facts, Just wondering if it is really worth 20$?

probably not

but then again, I also think that the amount of money spend on micros by people is ridiculous (thousands on clash of clans each month???)

so to some, I'm sure it is worth it

but, that said, a lot of paid DLC becomes free later on, it's a little strange that it's happening without a new paid DLC dropping though

13 minutes ago, perk8504 said:

probably not

but then again, I also think that the amount of money spend on micros by people is ridiculous (thousands on clash of clans each month???)

so to some, I'm sure it is worth it

but, that said, a lot of paid DLC becomes free later on, it's a little strange that it's happening without a new paid DLC dropping though

It seems to me that Mod Community actually makes bigger maps with more detail love and support, then the Ark Developers do.3rd quarter is ending soon and 4th quarter sales are coming up it would make sense that wild card will drop there next paid for 1st expansion(season pass) sometime between oct-dec Then the 2nd expansion(season pass) will drop sometime between next year april-july. more then likely to keep up there networth/interest. 

wither that content actually has a stable secure large scale detailed map  with new content is anyones guess but seeing how they like to roll out more content over debugging i'm sure it wont be as stable as everyone would like it to be all you have to do is look at pvp and where it stands with player count, dupping, dossing, etc etc..im sure thats hurt there game sales.I'm sure they will follow the micro transaction route for emote etc like all the other games.

but like i said you can get most of those dinos or items through trade, you dont need the engrams anymore, and the map is tiny and extremely hostile(envorment, weather, etc) anyway.

Is it really worth 20$ bucks?

I would have to say yes.  If you enjoy the free content being pushed out constantly then I think there is nothing wrong with supporting the developers of the game. In addition the 20$ was to help relieve a lawsuit that WildCard had to go through most likely to help the game survie.  http://kotaku.com/ark-survival-evolved-developers-settle-lawsuit-1771234316

Archived