Why buy Scorched Earth if Ragnarok is free?

CrackerJackx13

2 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

You can get the resources but you cant create anything with them unless you got SE from what i hear.  You cant craft adobe with cacr sap and clay or preserve salt with salt and sulfer without the engrams which are locked behind the SE DLC

I was able to access the engrams from DLC content from Ragnarok without the DLC months back..

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/25/2017 at 9:31 PM, MikeW said:

I like Scorched 100% more than ragnarok, For the simple reason smaller map, better layouts, ease of materials ( organic polymer ) and well i just like the desert setting.. Dont get me wrong Ragnarok has alot of cool stuff too. But heck I died in Full Acend Fur armor in the snow biome. They all have there ups and downs. But i would DEF buy Scorched you wont regret it..

its personal preference, i regret buying it because well most people will buy it to get wyverns on their own and get imprint buff on them to make them op but when they add a free map where you can do that plus get access to a new type of wyvern why would i waste my money on something i can get for free 

19 hours ago, Vaculity said:

I was able to access the engrams from DLC content from Ragnarok without the DLC months back..

Its only what ive heard, i got ark with an SE bundle back when there was only 3 maps so iv always had SE dlc.  If you can use everything from SE on rag then the only reason to buy SE is skins and the phoenix.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It all depends on how you like to play.  I have a small base on SE and I love it. The look of the map and all the time and detail work put into it really shows. From the outside it may look like it is all just one desert biome but it actually has small subtly different biomes within it. I have brought over some tames from aberration and I can tell you the Drake was built for SE.  But to be honest the thing I have noticed the most about SE is the community. When rag and AB came out it was followed by a mass exodus out of the desert lol. So the people who stayed (or came back when they saw all the pillars) really want to be there. For me that makes all the difference. Give me the choice between70-80ppl complaining about who is camping what resource and 20-30ppl working together donating tames and resources and I am happy to be in the latter group. Your mileage may very though.

• 2 weeks later...

1 - Death Worms

- A really good farm of death worm horn (really?) when rag sucks to farm it

- Keratin farm if you are not able to do swamp cave on the island and transfer all chitin

- Prime meat farm, if you want tons of cooked meat to make jerkys since death worm spawn is right by all oil veins

- Black Pearl farm

- EXP Farm

2 - Pheonix only spawn at Scorched, almost impossible to find, but there is..

3 - Fast load map, since we only have rocks and sand..

4 - Not so deep ravine like as ragnarok, so you can lure wyverns with thylacoleo full sprint + assault riflt

5 - No mode gas waste/care of, since wind turbines works so much better in SE than RAG

7 - Absolutly easy and fast loot creates

• 2 weeks later...

Archived