Finally got my first baby mosasaurus mutation but its olive green :(

Zergling963

So I know I am lucky to have gotten a mutation with the second breeding of the mosasaurus since the first 2 were twins from the same parents but why did it have to be an awful coloured green lol! its also not the greatest stats so will probably just keep it with no imprinting as I love bright coloured dinos not olive green lol! Parents were orange and crimson.

Know I am lucky to have gotten a mutation but think I will keep going and not bother imprinting this one and just keep it as a memento due to the fact its not a colour I really want and stats are pretty awful! The twins are lower level by 10 and came out with good health, stamina, melee and food in the first breeding. This one is pretty meh! Anyone else had that exciting but then disapointing experience of finding you got a mutation but then you discover its not a colour you want?? Would be interested to hear others experiences :) I am going to keep it either way as hey its a colour mutation :)

Picture below :) Enjoy and look forward to hearing other experiences

20170626023456_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

I actually don't think that looks bad! It's a nice oceanic color. Personally, I've never set out with a desired mutation color in mind, just because there are so many possibilities and I myself seem to have fairly low luck getting mutations in the first place

Guess when you mention that yes its not too bad and it is a nice oceanic colour! Guess I will be imprinting a third lol! I need to sleep so bad though lol :P But thanks I see your point! Sometimes it takes someone else to change your mind on something and make you realise yes its not as bad as you thought lol :P And its not disapointing as I was very lucky to get it on the second breeding and really I shouldn't be expecting or hoping for certain colours as there really is no guarantees as to which colour you will get lol :P

Edit: I have my server settings increased to every 50 minutes to hour for imprinting lol so you don't get much sleep in between lol :P

Been breeding equus for color for about a week. While weeding some poor stats out as well, all my horses ended the same natural colors in my stock (chesnut body with all dark brown stripes). First mutation i got was the legstripes yellow, and back stripes gray. The yellow looked baaaaad with the chesnut. If I thought that was bad (I complained to husband) then ARK threw me another curveball by mutation another later down the line to have bright red back stripes. It looks like a reject Ronald McDonald. 

Wow some unlucky stuff there and makes sense with stats! Will keep trying to get more mutations but have decided that I think I am going to just imprint the mutated one so I can get some sleep due to my increased timers as to imprinting every hour or so! Would love to do all of them but even though it didn't get all the good stats of the others imprinting will still improve those stats I am sure :) And really looking at it it does suit the ocean and doesn't mean I can't keep breeding them for other colour mutations :)

1 hour ago, ZyraSeedling said:

Been breeding equus for color for about a week. While weeding some poor stats out as well, all my horses ended the same natural colors in my stock (chesnut body with all dark brown stripes). First mutation i got was the legstripes yellow, and back stripes gray. The yellow looked baaaaad with the chesnut. If I thought that was bad (I complained to husband) then ARK threw me another curveball by mutation another later down the line to have bright red back stripes. It looks like a reject Ronald McDonald. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=955429162

Furthest is original stock, closest is latest generation.... reject Ronald McDonald. 

The one in the middle might have olive stripes, not gray. I can't decide. Looks weird in different lights, and terrible with the body color.

2 hours ago, ZyraSeedling said:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=955429162

Furthest is original stock, closest is latest generation.... reject Ronald McDonald. 

The one in the middle might have olive stripes, not gray. I can't decide. Looks weird in different lights, and terrible with the body color.

Seems to me like you need to go find an equus with a black body. The red stripes would look leagues better and even the yellow, while still gharish, would look less harsh.

Archived