v260 coming "this monday" with TEK TROUGH!!!

eESTlane

finally, an advanced trough. we've all talked about refrigeration, to get the spoil timer up on our dino food so hopefully this will sort out the problem. having said that, if this thing is going to be powered by shards or any form of elemental, which i presume will happen, i will freaking flip. bosses are too idiotic for most of us to even consider doing. WC, you might want to fix them.

anyways, pace is good. if they can go without sleep for a month, then they might get things done for the august release. don't know if the rest of the optimizations are left-overs from v259 and don't care either. last patch was plentiful so i can't wait to see what they fixed this time. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

finally, an advanced trough. we've all talked about refrigeration, to get the spoil timer up on our dino food so hopefully this will sort out the problem. having said that, if this thing is going to be powered by shards or any form of elemental, which i presume will happen, i will freaking flip. bosses are too idiotic for most of us to even consider doing. WC, you might want to fix them.

anyways, pace is good. if they can go without sleep for a month, then they might get things done for the august release. don't know if the rest of the optimizations are left-overs from v259 and don't care either. last patch was plentiful so i can't wait to see what they fixed this time. 

I am pretty excited about the new sabertooth I will have to admit

20 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

Hopefully the patch notes come soon as well, could be good if they started announcing stuff when the patch notes are done. They are moving fast enough that they could wait the couple extra days for the patch notes.

6 minutes ago, Iimmy said:

More useless TEK garbage that a massive portion of the playerbase will never get. what a massive waste of time, surprised they didn't announce a Tek toilet, since they like to implement unnecessary and utterly useless crap.

I kind of agree. It's mostly alpha+ tribes that will see the most benefits from this. I don't see why they can't throw in more metal tier level structures like a refrigerated trough and a industrial preserve. Would took 5 minutes in some paint program to whip it up. Alternatively they could just buy some random model off the market place and give it a new name and meaning like they did with the Industrial forge (originally sold as nuclear reactor) and fabricator for $5.

1 minute ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

watch the tek trough be a hard dragon engram and need a tek generator to work...

I am cautiously optimistic about the sabtertooth though..but "New" Sabertooth makes me worried. they better not delete my current ones!

It will be like the long awaited underwater base building. There was a lot of excitement for months before they announced that you would need TEK stuff to make it. Then it dawned on the average Joe living in his thatch hut on the beach that the closest he will ever come to building one of them in-game is seeing it in an ARK trailer. Bit of a shame really.

The same will be true of this new trough, basically an item out of reach for 95% of the player base.

7 minutes ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

watch the tek trough be a hard dragon engram and need a tek generator to work...

I am cautiously optimistic about the sabtertooth though..but "New" Sabertooth makes me worried. they better not delete my current ones!

I think it is just a model change, right now the current ones are ugly. 

Little by little they are polishing the game, just hang in there guys. Remember how alot of people complained about teh flyer nerf and even try to make others to stop playing ark, well guess what, most of us already got used to the flyers speed, with the game on its final mile i woulndt be surprise to see big changes coming up too.

Just now, Elsos said:

Little by little they are polishing the game, just hang in there guys. Remember how alot of people complained about teh flyer nerf and even try to make others to stop playing ark, well guess what, most of us already got used to the flyers speed, with the game on its final mile i woulndt be surprise to see big changes coming up too.

The people that can't handle the thought of balance have quit the game long ago. The whole anti flyer nerf thing has really died off too. Most of the original haters have warmed to it and seen the light like the majority already had.

53 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

The people that can't handle the thought of balance have quit the game long ago. The whole anti flyer nerf thing has really died off too. Most of the original haters have warmed to it and seen the light like the majority already had.

I wouldn't say that at all. Most of the anti flyer nerf people still dislike it (at least the ones I've talked to), and they are just dealing with it because the game is still fun enough that they can over look one thing they find unpleasant.

1 minute ago, Ocicat said:

I wouldn't say that at all. Most of the anti flyer nerf people still dislike it (at least the ones I've talked to), and they are just dealing with it because the game is still fun enough that they can over look one thing they find unpleasant.

It is almost impossible to make everyone happy on a game like ark. Flyer nerf, slower dinos etc everyone has their own preferences altho dont forget is a game about survival those who dislike the nerf(i had a 300+ speed Q) just got used to it, so is going to be everyone else who dislike the new changes, but thats the beauty of ark with every patch a new challenge.

Archived