Titanoboa still not tamable...

FlyinJapman4

6 minutes ago, Dthurst said:

The wiki is wrong and not official. The devs said they would never be tameable because the coding is too complicated and would produce a ton of lag.

I call shenanigans on it: Arthoplueras move the EXACT same way and they are tamable. Also why don't wild boas cause lag?

10 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

I call shenanigans on it: Arthoplueras move the EXACT same way and they are tamable. Also why don't wild boas cause lag?

I'm pretty sure the concern there is the potential lag generated by large boa egg farms, where as with wild boas (or with tamed Arthropleura) you generally don't see them concentrated in a single area in that density along side tons of other creatures.  That's my theory anyway.  :)

Of course, that raises the obvious question "Do we really need to have various creatures require boa kibble?" as that would remove the desire to have large boa egg farms.  Personally I have no idea why certain parts of the kibble system are set up the way they are, but I believe it is about to be reworked so perhaps boa kibble will be replaced.

10 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

I'm pretty sure the concern there is the potential lag generated by large boa egg farms, where as with wild boas (or with tamed Arthropleura) you generally don't see them concentrated in a single area in that density along side tons of other creatures.  That's my theory anyway.  :)

Of course, that raises the obvious question "Do we really need to have various creatures require boa kibble?" as that would remove the desire to have large boa egg farms.  Personally I have no idea why certain parts of the kibble system are set up the way they are, but I believe it is about to be reworked so perhaps boa kibble will be replaced.

I see metric tons of them on my servers acting as guard creatures: No extra-lag

10 hours ago, Cataclisto said:

I take it everyone here is looking for this post, or should look at it, you'll find TheRightHands message about snakes from a few months back.

Plueras move same way.

11 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

I made a pen in the swamp and dropped 15-20 or so snakes in it at a time when I was getting eggs for kibble to tame my tree cat. No extra lag at all.

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

Oh look. Titanoboas are tamable now.  And taming and feeding them is as tedious as the snail. I can understand feeding them fertilized eggs to tame, but eating exclusively eggs? Really? Welp, assuming I ever reinstall Ark, I can scratch off ever taming the Titanoboa.

Your signature says this forum is 80% whining... whose whining now? LOL

Archived