Patch 259: Hibernation & Single Player Settings

Jatheish

On 6/24/2017 at 6:38 AM, Jat said:

Hmm. I'll have someone check it out. If you were to run with -preventhibernation and clear wild dinos, how does that compare? 

Whos bright idea was it to make "use singleplayer settings" enabled by default? You completely F...ed my whole server. Disabling it doesn't even fix the damage. Why on earth would the x2 xp be retroactive? It should just be progressive from the point you turn it on ffs. Everyone is lvl 100 now and half our dinos are max level. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has this same feature (Hibernation) been rolled out on Xbox one now too? After the update yesterday I noticed that  the spawns of wild dinos on the Island map were right down - to the point where I was only seeing a handful of Ptera or dimorphodons wherever I went (it's pretty eerie seeing the swamps devoid of all life). After staying on my base in the south (Craggs island) for about 1.5 real-time hours I noticed that dinos were gradually starting to spawn back in. However, when I flew up to the north the spawns were absent again. After then spending an hour or so in the north of the map the spawns started to return (with the notable absence of 'higher-level' spawns like rexes & giga though), but then when I flew back down to my southern base all the spawns had vanished again and Craggs island was like a ghost town. 

Is there a way to also disable this on xbox? I don't really like the fact that wild dinos are despawning and resetting every time I leave an area, especially as they then take so long to spawn back in and they're different every time! I can see this being a particularly frustrating issue if you find a potential tame in another location, travel back to your base to prepare, only to return to the location to find that everything that was there no longer exists.     

58 minutes ago, Gromlock said:

Is it possible to use the bUseSingleplayerSettings=True option on a dedicated server? I have a small group of friends that would like to "legitimately" clear the bosses like they're meant to be and not just spawn them in and prior to this option being added, they were a real roadblock with no way to complete them.

Just add the line in the Game.ini and you are good to go. Though be careful as the setting will give you a buttload of experience and HP/DMG to your mounts.

• Administrator
On 02/07/2017 at 6:00 PM, RaeyenIrael said:

Has this same feature (Hibernation) been rolled out on Xbox one now too? After the update yesterday I noticed that  the spawns of wild dinos on the Island map were right down - to the point where I was only seeing a handful of Ptera or dimorphodons wherever I went (it's pretty eerie seeing the swamps devoid of all life). After staying on my base in the south (Craggs island) for about 1.5 real-time hours I noticed that dinos were gradually starting to spawn back in. However, when I flew up to the north the spawns were absent again. After then spending an hour or so in the north of the map the spawns started to return (with the notable absence of 'higher-level' spawns like rexes & giga though), but then when I flew back down to my southern base all the spawns had vanished again and Craggs island was like a ghost town. 

Is there a way to also disable this on xbox? I don't really like the fact that wild dinos are despawning and resetting every time I leave an area, especially as they then take so long to spawn back in and they're different every time! I can see this being a particularly frustrating issue if you find a potential tame in another location, travel back to your base to prepare, only to return to the location to find that everything that was there no longer exists.     

This should be fixed as of the update that went live on Monday now, if you were to clear Wild Dinos, you'll see them spawn in correctly going forward.

JAT - Something has happened since this update to the baby mature speed. I see the changes that have been made to the parameters. That said, since the update, eggs hatch in less than 100 seconds and babies mature In less than 10 minutes.  There is no way the new parameters should yield that speed. I was testing using the new default parameters that have been put into the game.ini file when the patch was applied. I have since reduced the baby mature speed multiplier to 18. This is changed Nothing as it pertains to the speed that the babies are maturing.   I am playing Windows 10 single player on the island with no mods.  I have reviewed the game.ini file and there is no duplicate parameter lines that might cause a problem.  Am I missing something here - I can't seem to resolve this. 

I have done more testing.  Initially, I was mating Rexes and now Argents.  All the parameters seem to be stuck on max Speed.  The Egg Hatch parameter has no affect on the actual time.  I set it back down to single digits and the Argent egg hatched in under a minute and the Rex egg took less than 90 seconds.  With the BabyMatureSpeed at 18 (which should reduce the time needed by 18%) The Argent fully matured before the 5:36 Care timer counted down.  Rex Care Timer was 6:36 and it fully matured about 2 minutes later.  These care timers seem really short (i am using the new default from the update) but are probably calculated based on he issue with the short mature time.  Also, females are ready to mate again in 30 minutes or less.  Here are the relevant Game.ini parameters:

MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.225000
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=8.000000
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=18.000000
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=0.167000
BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier=1.000000
BabyCuddleGracePeriodMultiplier=1.000000
BabyCuddleLoseImprintQualitySpeedMultiplier=1.000000

I have done an extensive search online and can not believe that others have not seen this.  Something is really broken here.  Any help would be appreciated.

It has taken me a bit to find this:

I see the ini change notes, but being on Xbox - how the * do I reset everything back to pre-patch "for your own good" server settings.
I single play and have worked to get to where I am in the game - logging on makes everything stupid easy.

Never before have I been able to single (no army) fly my bred argi (no mutations - 1st breeding ) into the scar and dominate the wyverns.   Even 2 v 1 - vs 104 and 90+ levels

Never before have I been able to go after level 36+ elementals on a bred rex (no mutations - 1st breeding) and lose only 2k health and dominate it... (health went from 12k to 18k, damage went from 460% to well over 800%)

Eggs are hatching and babies maturing crazy fast - 7-8 spoiled meat on a vulture takes it through baby stage.

Tamed dino health is roughly 150% up, Tamed dino damage is 2X previous???
Damn near everything is maxed level.

At this point - nothing is a challenge - nor any fun.

I've gone through all the server settings under general and advanced.  IT all looks good and what was set previously....

Afaik, I cant change any ini or related items on xbox.

• Jatheish unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems that

MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.125000
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=10.000000
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=36.799000

settings doesn't apply if Use Single Player Settings checked.

Everything else does apply. 

Just renamed game.ini and restarted the game with Use Single Player Settings and breeding options stay default 1.000000

9 minutes ago, LameoveR said:

It seems that

MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.125000
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=10.000000
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=36.799000

settings doesn't apply if Use Single Player Settings checked.

Everything else does apply. 

Just renamed game.ini and restarted the game with Use Single Player Settings and breeding options stay default 1.000000

That would seemingly be a problem based on Jat's Initial post for this discussion which specifically states Single Player settings for these parameters.  That all said, my game is STILL stuck on an insanely fast speed of egg hatching and baby maturation since 259 - regardless of the parameters.  This must be an issue that only I have as I have not seen other similar posts - so I am still wondering how to fix it.  Removing the parameters from Game.ini did not work.  Changing them in Game.ini or in the new menu does not work.  I even verified the game files.  263 just installed.  I have done everything short of a total reinstall which should not be needed.  Nothing changes this situation I have.  Still hoping to have some kind feedback from WC on this one.

25 minutes ago, Evron said:

That all said, my game is STILL stuck on an insanely fast speed of egg hatching and baby maturation since 259 - regardless of the parameters.  

Parameters apply only on NEW stage. I.e. if you already have baby with fast maturation speed, new parameters will apply only on new maturation.

Mating interval i.e. every 30 minutes for Direwolf, when you change it in game.ini to 1.000000 it will only take effect after gestation is over.

EDIT: you can try to rename your existing game.ini and let the game make new one.

1 minute ago, LameoveR said:

Parameters apply only on NEW stage. I.e. if you already have baby with fast maturation speed, new parameters will apply only on new maturation.

Mating interval i.e. every 30 minutes for Direwolf, when you change it in game.ini to 1.000000 it will only take effect after gestation is over.

Yup - I got that. All my testing starts the process of mating AFTER I make a change.  Heck - I can hatch an egg in 60 seconds and grow a baby Rex to maturity in about 6 minutes with this issue that is impacting my game.  I guess some might call that a blessing since I am breeding to start taking on the Bosses single handed - but it is taking all the challenge out of the process - so I end of killing the new dino after the test.  I just want the parameters Jat specified to work as they should.  They seem fair.

23 minutes ago, OXStrident said:

Since this thread's back, does anybody know if hibernation works properly now? I have preventhibernation applied still because hibernation used to make the map barren, but is this still the case?

Heh, just as I was about to go to bed...

I've got single player enabled as a test, and over the last couple of days the spawns seem to be back to more or less normal on PC.

Edit:  I do have the dino spawn count maxed, might be something to look at.

59 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Heh, just as I was about to go to bed...

I've got single player enabled as a test, and over the last couple of days the spawns seem to be back to more or less normal on PC.

Edit:  I do have the dino spawn count maxed, might be something to look at.

Hmm, so spawns are normal now. Do you know if it has significantly improved game performance as well?

6 hours ago, OXStrident said:

Hmm, so spawns are normal now. Do you know if it has significantly improved game performance as well?

Sorry, I crashed after I posted.

When they first brought out the patch with Hibernation (and the one prior to it)  noticed I was using a noticeably less memory than before the patch.  I wasn't sure if the easing of memory use was due to the changes in the patch, or the fact that the spawns weren't happening correctly.

Now that things are back to normal the memory savings has continued, and to be honest that was one of my biggest issues as I keep a lot of other software open simultaneous with the game.  I was always running perilously close to 100% memory use, and it contributed to a bit of game play stutter.

Overall I'm fairly pleased with how things are working now.

Edit:  I would recommend following Jats advice and destroying all of your wild dinos to get the cycle started properly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/23/2017 at 11:46 PM, Jatheish said:

I'll check this out. Can you let me know more about your single player game, are you using mods? Can you upload your save folder and send it to me?

They should still spawn, but they'll be hibernated -- you'll need to travel around the map to get them to show up.

hi jat my friend want to play ragnarok so bad but every time he try to load the game it crash and starts ark again we tried uninstall the map and game a few times nothing work he dont even get the crash sreen

Archived