Patch 259: Hibernation & Single Player Settings

Jatheish

5 hours ago, DancingHoskuld said:

Unfortunately I lost all my engram points as well. So here I am at level 20 with no engrams learnt and only 20 points to spend on learning engrams. This is single player.

edit turns out it is a problem with primitive+ not the base ark.

5 hours ago, DancingHoskuld said:

Unfortunately I lost all my engram points as well. So here I am at level 20 with no engrams learnt and only 20 points to spend on learning engrams. This is single player.

edit turns out it is a problem with primitive+ not the base ark.

I did not get any levels back and I have no points to spend at all. I am level 50-ish and I will not level quickly either. I am also playing primitive plus. I hope this will get fixed soon.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, Remus1911 said:

I travelled around, only saw a few dinosaurs. Have you adjusted the dino count on single player? The value in the INI is DinoCountMultiplier=0.031000.

Hmm. I'll have someone check it out. If you were to run with -preventhibernation and clear wild dinos, how does that compare? 

17 hours ago, Jat said:

Right click ARK in your Steam Library, Go to properties, Launch Options, and type -preventhibernation

and then you can launch the game.

Can you tell me what map you're playing on? And maybe some rough areas of where you're looking, I want to see if I can reproduce it.

yeah that didnt work,now everything else has despawned too.Not much fun flying round an empty map so i guess i will play something else till you fix your broken game.

It was a good game too till all the animals disappeared

Apart from the ones in the caves which is just my luck :P

6 hours ago, Jat said:

Hmm. I'll have someone check it out. If you were to run with -preventhibernation and clear wild dinos, how does that compare? 

I have tried, with identical results. Changing the DinoCountMultiplier value to 1.0 seems to have fixed the spawning problem.

Thank you for your help, exemplary support Jat!

Yup, sad to say I'm having the same problem. Just did a DestroyWildDinos on The Island (singleplayer) and traveled around the southern coastline and a little bit of the east coast, and it's eerily lifeless if even apocalyptic in a way. I had changed the difficulty level from ~0.6 to 0.8 just before doing the wipe, in case that might factor in. 

"No birds, no animals...nothing." -Alien Covenant

9 hours ago, DromaeoSapiens said:

Yup, sad to say I'm having the same problem. Just did a DestroyWildDinos on The Island (singleplayer) and traveled around the southern coastline and a little bit of the east coast, and it's eerily lifeless if even apocalyptic in a way. I had changed the difficulty level from ~0.6 to 0.8 just before doing the wipe, in case that might factor in. 

"No birds, no animals...nothing." -Alien Covenant

After experiencing similar issues,I had to remain in a specific area for maybe 20-30 seconds and I started seeing a large population of dinosaurs pop up (dino count hadn't been changed from 1.0). I will note that when I started to see the dinos spawning in was generally after I had started to farm mats. So try hitting a tree or two up to see if it affects whether you're seeing spawns.

Main issue I'm seeing that wasn't happening before hibernation now is that my crystal nodes aren't respawning after being farmed (been on Ark for around 6-8 hours today).

8 hours ago, LordWex said:

After experiencing similar issues,I had to remain in a specific area for maybe 20-30 seconds and I started seeing a large population of dinosaurs pop up (dino count hadn't been changed from 1.0). I will note that when I started to see the dinos spawning in was generally after I had started to farm mats. So try hitting a tree or two up to see if it affects whether you're seeing spawns.

Main issue I'm seeing that wasn't happening before hibernation now is that my crystal nodes aren't respawning after being farmed (been on Ark for around 6-8 hours today).

I'll give that a go, thank you.

Also, I found that if you change the resource respawn period way down, crystals will respawn. I can't remember if I set it to 0 or not though so you may have to fiddle with it. I can't guarantee it'll even work at all either. 

Hello just made this account to post here 

Also having an issues with spawning dinos in single player ( or lack there of ) 

Playing on Ragnarok map

Have 3 mods ( Structures + , Super Spyglass , Gecko Custom Supply Drops ( last one was added after the problem started )

I have tryed a few fixs noted in steam forums like increasing dino count or unchecking the single player settings as well as turning off Hibernation 

From what i can see a relog of any kind will kinda work at first but only for your current area start moving around and you will see less and less spawns

Ocean dinos seem to be affected as well not just land

flyers seem to be fine as well as coal in water everything else is ether gone or you might find 1

you can as said above get some dinos back by reloging but the issue will come back shortly

9 hours ago, LordWex said:

Sadly i've tried what you had suggest and am not getting any results. I have my game running in the background right know to see if it just takes more time, but so far nothing.

1 hour ago, DromaeoSapiens said:

I'll give that a go, thank you.

Also, I found that if you change the resource respawn period way down, crystals will respawn. I can't remember if I set it to 0 or not though so you may have to fiddle with it. I can't guarantee it'll even work at all either. 

I have tried your suggestion, it has indeed worked for some locations but not for others (despite being visited AFTER than one specific spot). I have found that the particular spot where crystal is respawning significantly slowly if not at all is the small hill/mountain where edmund rockwell #22 is found. Only one specific crystal rock has respawned there and it's done it twice now.

10 minutes ago, DromaeoSapiens said:

Sadly i've tried what you had suggest and am not getting any results. I have my game running in the background right know to see if it just takes more time, but so far nothing.

My next bit of advice would be to try switching between a non-dedicated session and then a singleplayer (or vice versa depending on which you do normally) as I often do this to play with friends and then conserve resources on my laptop when it's not necessary to host a non-dedicated session. After that before launching ARK use -preventhibernation to attempt to coax out the dino spawns. DO NOT destroywilddinos after, wait for a short period, it *should* repopulate the game during this time, at which you can once again remove -preventhibernation and run it normally.

Other settings I generally use just incase this can help you at all:
Difficultyoffset - 1.0
OverrideOfficialDifficulty - 5.0 (through gameusersettings.ini)
MaxDifficulty - True
UseSinglePlayerSettings - True
EnablePvPGamma - False
ResourceNoReplenishRadiusPlayers=0.4
ResourceNoReplenishRadiusStructures=0.4

Whether the last two have any affect on dino spawns I doubt it, but these are all the settings I have changed since the particular patch. Maybe checking those could help you to try to reproduce the better luck I've had.

34 minutes ago, LordWex said:

I have tried your suggestion, it has indeed worked for some locations but not for others (despite being visited AFTER than one specific spot). I have found that the particular spot where crystal is respawning significantly slowly if not at all is the small hill/mountain where edmund rockwell #22 is found. Only one specific crystal rock has respawned there and it's done it twice now.

The one by the red Obelisk? That's the only spot I go to for getting my crystals so unfortunately I can't say much about other areas of the island. Though they apparently added a butt ton of the stuff into caves in this patch.

34 minutes ago, LordWex said:

My next bit of advice would be to try switching between a non-dedicated session and then a singleplayer (or vice versa depending on which you do normally) as I often do this to play with friends and then conserve resources on my laptop when it's not necessary to host a non-dedicated session. After that before launching ARK use -preventhibernation to attempt to coax out the dino spawns. DO NOT destroywilddinos after, wait for a short period, it *should* repopulate the game during this time, at which you can once again remove -preventhibernation and run it normally.

I exclusively play singleplayer and have never hosted a non-dedi or went on multiplayer. 

I've heard on this topic that preventhibernation has been causing crashes, so I've been a little hesitant to do so.

As for settings, I do have a number of them change, so maybe resetting them all to default might help. I'm tempted to wait until the next major patch rolls out soon to see if it's been addressed.

I faced the same problem with under/no-spawning in singleplayer - my solution is Singleplayer Settings=Off, Dino Count=1 and -preventhibernation in startup. Otherwise there were only several animals around the base and empty plains and empty beaches and empty seabed and empty sea elsewhere... for example I searched for Trilobites and after killing 5 of them I could not find any other. After using command "getallstate Trilobite_Character_C" it showed none in game.

On 6/22/2017 at 0:48 PM, Chewytowel said:

I've found it a bit hard to find the right balance between cuddle interval and the baby speed multiplier.  Is there a tool or a way to make it easier to make sure I can get a 100% imprint on whatever I am breeding in SP?  I find the relationship between the cuddle interval and mature speed difficult to manage in relation to how often I can imprint a dino (it takes a lot of closing and restarting to try and get it at a decent spot).

I think the command is SetImprintMultiplier XXX for what % you want on the targeted dino. That way you can just set the raising to 9999 and set the imprint to 100%. Saves you time.

I have tried everything, but nothing has helped. I have tried the -preventhibernation preload setup. I even unchecked single player status, but yet i cant get a thing to load, not a single dino or fish. its just me stranded on an island with sticks and rocks to throw in the water because theres nothing to kill to be eaten by. I enjoy my daily getting eaten by dinosuars but this is severally reducing that. How can i get eaten by dinos, if there are no dinos, or aquatic friends that i may spear and feast upon a good day of eatiery. 

Unsure of where to ask this, but as this is the Singleplayer settings thread, figured I'd ask here - Can we please get an estimate of the Crop Growth Multiplier and Beer Barrel speeds for the Singleplayer settings? Just so we know how much some of us may have to reduce crop growth to avoid instantaneous crops. Thank you.

Perhaps this is just me so far... but the singleplayersettings turned on by default for my dedicated server. This post does not mention that.

Every. Single. Player. that logged into my dedicated server and became level 100 is now stuck at level 100. Is there a fix? Is there an admin command I can revert someone's XP? Or did my server just grow with 45+ level 100 characters. FYI, we're a "vanilla" server, meaning things are set to default. Being level 100 is the exact opposite of what we'd like to do. Please help.

Archived