Patch 259: Hibernation & Single Player Settings

Jatheish

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, after this patch, me and multiple other members of the steam community cannot open their save files, due to an error within the files to do with 'hibernation'.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/9/1368380934243078350/

The Error is:

Assertion failed: CollisionIDs.Contains(ClassIDs[Iter]) == false [File:C:\SVN_Ark\Projects\ShooterGame\Source\ShooterGame\Private\HibernationManager.cpp] [Line: 856]

VERSION: 259.32
KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb35029e08) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGame.exe!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() (0x00007ff7a32ceef8) + 159 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:145]
ShooterGame.exe!FDebug::AssertFailed() (0x00007ff7a32cf495) + 178 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:220]
ShooterGame.exe!AHibernationManager::SerializeForSaveFile() (0x00007ff7a2707d5e) + 37 bytes [c:\svn_ark\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\hibernationmanager.cpp:856]
ShooterGame.exe!AShooterGameMode::SerializeForSaveFile() (0x00007ff7a2a70020) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergamemode.cpp:5452]
ShooterGame.exe!UWorld::LoadFromFile() (0x00007ff7a3d997b0) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:6395]
ShooterGame.exe!AShooterGameMode::LoadWorld() (0x00007ff7a2a5080b) + 722 bytes [c:\svn_ark\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergamemode.cpp:1363]
ShooterGame.exe!AShooterGameMode::InitGame() (0x00007ff7a2a4592d) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergamemode.cpp:793]
ShooterGame.exe!UWorld::InitializeActorsForPlay() (0x00007ff7a3d8df1a) + 43 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:3127]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::LoadMap() (0x00007ff7a3d64ed4) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:9853]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::Browse() (0x00007ff7a3d5fc02) + 38 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:8572]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::TickWorldTravel() (0x00007ff7a3d608e0) + 68 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:8744]
ShooterGame.exe!UGameEngine::Tick() (0x00007ff7a3aac7af) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1123]
ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff7a26977dc) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2418]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff7a2691a7c) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff7a2698cba) + 5 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff7a2698de8) + 8 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:209]
ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff7a4d01eed) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb35f62774) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb389f0d61) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb389f0d61) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, MistressNocturne said:

Well, after this patch, me and multiple other members of the steam community cannot open their save files, due to an error within the files to do with 'hibernation'.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/9/1368380934243078350/

I'll check this out. Can you let me know more about your single player game, are you using mods? Can you upload your save folder and send it to me?

10 minutes ago, Remus1911 said:

I have the same problem. In single player I used "destroywilddinos", no lag, no freeze, the dinos vanished and are not respawning.

They should still spawn, but they'll be hibernated -- you'll need to travel around the map to get them to show up.

9 minutes ago, Jat said:

I'll check this out. Can you let me know more about your single player game, are you using mods? Can you upload your save folder and send it to me?

They should still spawn, but they'll be hibernated -- you'll need to travel around the map to get them to show up.

I am using mods, it worked once as I created a new save file with them, most things loaded normally, but with fewer dinos, then they wouldnt spawn at all after that

Is it the bak file or the ark file you want?

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, MistressNocturne said:

I am using mods, it worked once as I created a new save file with them, most things loaded normally, but with fewer dinos, then they wouldnt spawn at all after that

Is it the bak file or the ark file you want?

The .ark file and the localplayer file please! Also let me know which mods you're running :)

11 minutes ago, Remus1911 said:

Thank you for your quick reply. Is this still the case with " -preventhibernation" as launch option or should they respawn like before?

They'll still spawn. With this update we also did a one-time dino wipe, to force hibernation so that we could run it. Now on the map you'll find the dinos hibernated, but think of it as an abstract concept really, in terms of gameplay it should be the same. You may just have to travel around the map to start seeing the spawns pop up again. If you're not seeing them 

11 minutes ago, Jat said:

The .ark file and the localplayer file please! Also let me know which mods you're running :)

They'll still spawn. With this update we also did a one-time dino wipe, to force hibernation so that we could run it. Now on the map you'll find the dinos hibernated, but think of it as an abstract concept really, in terms of gameplay it should be the same. You may just have to travel around the map to start seeing the spawns pop up again. If you're not seeing them 

You the man, Jat. 

23 minutes ago, Jat said:

Aye Aye! Cheers :) Im running Structure Plus, Castles and Keeps, Kibble Table and Builder Helmet

I can only upload the local player profile, the raganrok save is too big to upload but heres the local player files!

LocalPlayer.arkprofile

LocalPlayer.profilebak

LocalPlayer.arkprofile

LocalPlayer.profilebak

• Administrator

Do you think you could upload it to google drive and send it to my email? Jat@studiowildcard.com -- I'll try and reproduce it, doesn't seem like any of those mods would affect spawns. 

So what happened was you made a new Ragnarok save, and then just relaunching it (After adding mods) led to the crash?

Yeah sure I'll send everything over! Yes, i made a new save which gave me few dinos spawning, and when i rebooted with the mods it crashed with the error code directing me to the hibernation manager line 856. Ill send over the crash report too

Thank you for replying so quick and trying to solve this. It really is appreciated! :)

• Administrator
1 minute ago, micky100 said:

so how do you stop them hibernating,since i tried wandering around,obviously,and they are still not spawning

Right click ARK in your Steam Library, Go to properties, Launch Options, and type -preventhibernation

and then you can launch the game.

Can you tell me what map you're playing on? And maybe some rough areas of where you're looking, I want to see if I can reproduce it.

Hibernation crash here, too. Ragnarok with a few select mods. It didn't crash before, but now attempting to load the host session with or without -preventhibernation gives the crash.

Which is sad because all my pretty equus are now gone!

I can attach the crash log next time I get it. 

Edit: Log added, here are also the mods in use.

• Structures Plus
  • Castles, Keeps, and Forts Medieval Architecture
  • DPS Tranqulizer Sniper Rife
  • Resource Stacks
  • Snappy Saddles
  • Capitalism Currency
  • Scorched Earth Resource Stacks
  • Automated Ark
  • Upgrade Station V1.8G
  • Capitalism NPC Trader
  • Wooden Hanging Bridge
  • Big Raft
  • Platforms Plus

Also in that load order.

FAIL.txt

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Ihmislehma said:

Hibernation crash here, too. Ragnarok with a few select mods. It didn't crash before, but now attempting to load the host session with or without -preventhibernation gives the crash.

Which is sad because all my pretty equus are now gone!

I can attach the crash log next time I get it. 

Edit: Log added, here are also the mods in use.

• Structures Plus
  • Castles, Keeps, and Forts Medieval Architecture
  • DPS Tranqulizer Sniper Rife
  • Resource Stacks
  • Snappy Saddles
  • Capitalism Currency
  • Scorched Earth Resource Stacks
  • Automated Ark
  • Upgrade Station V1.8G
  • Capitalism NPC Trader
  • Wooden Hanging Bridge
  • Big Raft
  • Platforms Plus

Also in that load order.

FAIL.txt

You're definitely crashing with -preventhibernation as a Launch option? 

8 hours ago, wildbill said:

Dude, just learn them again. They gave you back all your levels. You level back up and then learn the engrams again.

Unfortunately I lost all my engram points as well. So here I am at level 20 with no engrams learnt and only 20 points to spend on learning engrams. This is single player.

edit turns out it is a problem with primitive+ not the base ark.

9 hours ago, Jat said:

I travelled around, only saw a few dinosaurs. Have you adjusted the dino count on single player? The value in the INI is DinoCountMultiplier=0.031000.

Archived