Question regarding fishing nerf

rollo1992

just wondering if anyone has tested if the drops from ascendant/master craft rods are still half decent (worth trying to get) can you still get mc grade stuff or is it only blues/purple now etc, any input would be nice to hear back, i love fishing regardless of the blueprints but it does make the time more worthwhile if your getting something you need

i assume this was a knee-jerk reaction to fishing scripts. manually you shouldn't hit those fish size caps so spreading out the loot chart within those margins sounds logical. i'm all up for that. though, last i tried using a 300% rod with leech blood on a salmon, i was still able to capture the 1.5x fish. so the numbers may need to be adjusted slightly but with the mismatched info from the script whiners, could get disregarded. if we don't have a margin to strive for then people wouldn't be as exited. again, blame the script users!

Since the sneaky fishing nerf since honey was bought into the game I haven't tried it. I Will check it out this arvo. Question Time, they have bought in a crafting bonus stats, so if I have a 350effetivness rod bp and craft it with full bonus is that going to boost it up, or do you think fishing rods will be excluded from this

19 hours ago, Canes said:

Since the new update I got a few MC and  Asc BPs with a 500% ascendent rod. I fished all day but got a few. But mostly blue and purple. I'm on console so idk if there has been another update on pc since last weekend when i fished.

the update is not out for console yet that im aware of.

14 hours ago, spacejam said:

Since the sneaky fishing nerf since honey was bought into the game I haven't tried it. I Will check it out this arvo. Question Time, they have bought in a crafting bonus stats, so if I have a 350effetivness rod bp and craft it with full bonus is that going to boost it up, or do you think fishing rods will be excluded from this

not 100 percent sure on this but in the patch notes it does say it increases something so possible, needs to be tested 

im just trying to find out if fishing after the newest nerf is worth the hassle, if you cant get mc its not really that fun even if there rarer, im hoping purples will still pop out decently. but i mean is it going to pop out mc long neck with like 150% damage? if so its useless to fish for bp and the rare materials already really rare imo

14 hours ago, Daedros said:

RIP Fishing.

- Stat decrease of blueprints from fishing.
- Removed all current fishing rods.
- Reduced max fish size that is catchable with a fishing rod with: Honey to 2.2, Leech Blood to 1.88, and Sap to 0.94.
- Reduced fishing rod effectiveness by 35%.

and this is when the 285+ will skyrocket in price.

3 hours ago, rollo1992 said:

anyone fishing yet on pc? that can enlighten us

Our fishing members got a 2.2 salmon and only "good" bp 211% dmg shotty. 

Archived