pve Boss help

So basically playing on official 729, brother and I, after testing in single player on the highest difficulty, thought we stood a chance taking on the gamma spider boss with just us and our compound bows since we had a 246% bp at the time.... Needless to say we didn't kill the boss. She had about 2/3 of her health remaining when we ran out of time. So knowing that we wont be completing the bosses without dinos what should we be looking to bring into the fight? We have Rex' that can hatch at 11k hp and about 370-380% melee which if that's good enough then I guess we just need to start dropping eggs. Either way just looking for tips, would really like to start getting Tek going. Also aside from Rex with the introduction of the Yutyranus on Ps4 servers are they worth bringing into the fights? I recently tamed one that came out at 191 and have someone on our server who is willing to let me breed mine with theirs. 

Thats basically what we did/learned. we figured out the best way to get her stuck underneath us to where we could just stand above and shoot down at her without having to deal with her spiderlings until the end but god we were nowhere close to being able to kill her before the time limit. I'm sure maybe if we had more people with us then our strat is viable but unfortunately it will probably almost always be just us two or as of recent only me since he cant currently play so I need to know if I can't do my compound no dino strat then what kind of dinos do i need...

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/06/2017 at 8:55 AM, TerrorSenpai said:

Thanks for the reply. So we currently have ones that are hatching at like 11k hp and 376% melee, is that high enough to pump up to 30k hp 700 melee or should i start looking for a better rex?

from my experience of the bosses if you take in ten of those rexes that are leveled you should have problems as long as you pin it so it attacks less often

Archived