Mindwipe tonic can now only be applied once per level up.

Sphere

1 hour ago, BobRoss said:

I think its rather well thought out. You can still wipe plenty of times but every time you need to be more carefull and consider where you alocate your points. And if you use the last one you need to really think about what kind of character you want to be going forward. No more mind wiping before cooking or when you start another large building project. I like it. :) 

I think that's a nonsense answer. At the very worst, there should be a cool down on the use, not limited to once per level. "It makes you think seriously about your stat allocation" What a load of twaddle.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Been called that before yeah sure.

Fail to see how its punishing the players tho, you have 100 chances to get your character build right, if you haven't done it by then you have the problem not the devs or anybody else.

Do you forget you are playing a survival game with MMO aspects?  Being able to mindwipe on a whim removed a lot of the survival elements of the game, gave you far too much freedom of choice and just made the end game cheap and pointless.  Given its also technically an MMO please give me a game of such that allows you to respec and change your build with minimal effort or a substantial cost to yourself?

This is actually a really good move by the devs, will make people have to really think what they wish to do with regards to a role and usefulness within a tribe or community, instead of just dumping 100 stats into weight to do a farming run, then popping a tonic and putting 100 points into dmg for a raid.

People just want everything the easy way.

I'm not trying to speak for everyone here, but I don't think anyone is saying they want it easy, but they do still want it to be possible once they reach the top level.  Increase the costs, add a cooldown, whatever it takes, but make it still possible to do somehow.

Also with other MMO games you can usually have more than one character that can be loaded up alternately (on the same server) without having to buy other copies of the game.  Can you do that with Ark?  If so, how?

4 minutes ago, Maahes said:

Also with other MMO games you can usually have more than one character that can be loaded up alternately (on the same server) without having to buy other copies of the game.  Can you do that with Ark?  If so, how?

1. Create a new char on Server X
  2. Upload it
  3. Go to your main Server
  4. Upload your main char
  5. Back in main menu, you rejoin your home server
  6. In the "select uploaded char" screen, you will get a choice of all currently uploaded chars

2 minutes ago, Maahes said:

For free? Creating fake acounts on Steam, and linking via the "family shared", so you play on ark with a different Steam ID.

I dont think Valve would like this be massively used with fake accounts, and we the users gonna risk a Ban at Steam and losing our games collection, because of that.

1 minute ago, arkark said:

For free? Creating fake acounts on Steam, and linking via the "family shared", so you play on ark with a different Steam ID.

I dont think Valve would like this be massively used with fake accounts, and we the users gonna risk a Ban at Steam and losing our games collection, because of that.

Or they could avoid the whole problem by not blocking off resets at end game.

1 minute ago, arkark said:

Not to mention annoying to relog on steam to change character.

The option to allow say 3-4 chars on the same server could be an option I guess, but again more of a hassle than I would prefer.

So far I am sticking to having a solid cool-down on this one instead.

8 minutes ago, Armitige said:

I think that's a nonsense answer. At the very worst, there should be a cool down on the use, not limited to once per level. "It makes you think seriously about your stat allocation" What a load of twaddle.

Why is it a load of twattle? Ive played dozens of games in the past where you had to think about spending stat and skill points even at lvl 1, when you had NO idea of how the game would evolve or even what you were gonna do in the future. But here, for ARK its absurd to ask your players to think before you spend your points? Thats a load of twaddle to me.

3 minutes ago, Sphere said:

They probably think that we will just keep playing and accept this kind of abuse. No, this kind of thing will eventually cause people to retire and leave. They are telling you to play only one way once you reach max.

abuse? my god are you really calling it abuse? 

retiring would also mean they get paid for playing this game.

I hope you don't realise there are only 2 genders in this game too ¬¬

Just now, Maahes said:

Good to know, thanks.

This will however be patched at one point. It enables you to circumvent the 500 Tames Limit for tribes (by downloading the alt char, making a new tribe and claiming the dinos from your main char). As you can see... the left hand isnt aware of what the right one does...

4 minutes ago, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:
  1. Create a new char on Server X
  2. Upload it
  3. Go to your main Server
  4. Upload your main char
  5. Back in main menu, you rejoin your home server
  6. In the "select uploaded char" screen, you will get a choice of all currently uploaded chars

this!

no need for fake steam accounts or other work arounds, Just use some common sense.

36 minutes ago, Sphere said:

How do you plan ahead when you can only reset once? What if your plan fails? O well, cry moar right? You're sick!

Because by reaching level 100 you should probably have a general idea of how the game is supposed to be played, especially on official and you can either take the safe route and spend your points in a couple of stats or you can hope your tribe sticks together or that you will find another tribe and spend your points specifically in stats that go with your playstyle.

Just now, BobRoss said:

Because by reaching level 100 you should probably have a general idea of how the game is supposed to be played, especially on official and you can either take the safe route and spend your points in a couple of stats or you can hope your tribe sticks together or that you will find another tribe and spend your points specifically in stats that go with your playstyle.

Or we can tell Wildcard to stop being stupid with game mechanics.

1 minute ago, YUSHOETMI said:

this!

no need for fake steam accounts or other work arounds, Just use some common sense.

see this:

3 minutes ago, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

This will however be patched at one point. It enables you to circumvent the 500 Tames Limit for tribes (by downloading the alt char, making a new tribe and claiming the dinos from your main char). As you can see... the left hand isnt aware of what the right one does...

I was hoping I misunderstood this change due to lack of sleep as it's mind boggling to think this could have even been suggested by any reasonable person.

I'm lucky that I don't trust the character upload system and am not forced to play on Scorched Earth with my oxygen-heavy Island character. But I'm a bit annoyed the "rebalance of speed" may force me to use my one and only mindwipe option.

2 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Or we can tell Wildcard to stop being stupid with game mechanics.

Just because you think its stupid doesnt make it stupid. I think the change just requires us to be more thoughtfull of our stats and put some thought into it. I remember playing MMORPGs where you had to spend stat points at lvl 1 and it impacted the classes you would choose at lvl 60. 

Just now, BobRoss said:

Just because you think its stupid doesnt make it stupid. I think the change just requires us to be more thoughtfull of our stats and put some thought into it. I remember playing MMORPGs where you had to spend stat points at lvl 1 and it impacted the classes you would choose at lvl 60. 

What you think of your stats today, is not how you want them 6 months from now. Please stop!

36 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

Do you also think about PVP and PVE as separate played game modes? Or do you, like many other members, mix it all?
Why do you worry about other players "need to think about what they do"?
Do you enjoy others having a harder life because of changes that doesnt really affect you? (i guess you already only used mindwipe once per year or so).
Theres also no classes in ARK. ARK is not "other mmos" because other mmos are not happening in a sandbox.

2 minutes ago, Sphere said:

What you think of your stats today, is not how you want them 6 months from now. Please stop!

How do you know? In 2 months the game will release, By then i imagine they wont be changing anything drastic anymore. So I can kind of predict what the future off ARK will be. And if they do change the player stats drastically they will probably allow us the respec. They have shown us in the past that they are thoughtfull of their players (referring to the downlvling with ascension). So even IF they change things up alot Im almost certain ill be able to deal with it. 

I have absolutely no problem with a game asking me to commit and that requires me to use my brain once in a while. Ive played alot harsher games than this.

2 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

Just because you think it's a good change doesn't make it good, the masses say that this isn't a good decision you seem to be forgetting that people have been playing this game for 2 years. Times change, people feel like changing up playstyles when they've hit that max level being able to only change your stats around once per level is extremely limiting. In a perfect world maybe it'd be okay if everyone had 100 chances to change their levels but the fact is most people are at the higher levels now, with only one or so chances to change their stats.

1 minute ago, BobRoss said:

How do you know? In 2 months the game will release, By then i imagine they wont be changing anything drastic anymore. So I can kind of predict what the future off ARK will be. And if they do change the player stats drastically they will probably allow us the respec. They have shown us in the past that they are thoughtfull of their players (referring to the downlvling with ascension). So even IF they change things up alot Im almost certain ill be able to deal with it. 

I have absolutely no problem with a game asking me to commit and that requires me to use my brain once in a while. Ive played alot harsher games than this.

You really have not been reading what I have been typing have you? Tribes and situations change. Even your own play style changes. I'm not talking about game mechanics. At this point I believe you're straw manning.

Archived