Mindwipe tonic can now only be applied once per level up.

Sphere

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

You can make it really fast...2hs max even on official.

I was saying that by adding mroe rare ingredients to it, they could remove the 1 per level

I dont play on regular servers. So i dont get easy mode fo everything.

No tame takes a bit longer but it isnt hard at all.

No resource is even hard or difficult to get. Them adding the restriction just stops the people who know what theyre doing.

Every patch has made the skill gap smaller and smaller and ark is moving from a pvp oriented raid game to minecraft.

Sadly the developers are bent on the idea that mindwiping should never be a thing in this game, and they are only allowing it to exist now as a one per level as a compromise, because they feel it's their game and vision. However they forget that us players are the ones who also enjoy this game and this game has become a part of us and our vision. It shouldn't require mods and unofficial to put the game correct again.

Wildcard, what will it take to change your mind? Does somebody have to buy out your company to change the direction?

12 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Gotcha. I have a 150 kibble tamed doed, and no beaver yet, so stone will probably be the way to go for me.

Holy smokes that 3200 ingot requirement though...

Yeah it is the pretty much the most expensive thing out there but that is because of what it can do.

luckily it is only a 1 time cost. Unless you make more of course lol

Yeah but the problem is, they are not even talking with us about this problem. It's like they just changed it, and then went onto other things on the list. In fact, so far their messages that are public, suggest that they want this to be this way, and we have to suck it up. If you don't want it, go unofficial. That's their stance. It's total dog crap. They are actually hurting their product by ignoring us.

Once per level is probably a bit much, but you shouldn't be able to just mindwipe willy nilly like some people were doing either. At that point they might as well just remove the player's ability to customize stats and give everyone a cookie-cutter build. It's a strategic choice, and it's up to the player to weigh the pros and cons and figure out a build that works best for them.

Giving mindwipes a cooldown of maybe a week and requiring ingredients that are rare and hard to get would probably be a good compromise though.

4 hours ago, Kurbbie said:

I dont play on regular servers. So i dont get easy mode fo everything.

No tame takes a bit longer but it isnt hard at all.

No resource is even hard or difficult to get. Them adding the restriction just stops the people who know what theyre doing.

Every patch has made the skill gap smaller and smaller and ark is moving from a pvp oriented raid game to minecraft.

sorry regular servers are...easy mode? that is how the game is supposed to be LOL. where do you guys even appear from?

you realise no tame is an experimental game mode yes? which denies a big part of the content.

my god...

WE PLAY THE GAME ON OFFICIAL SERVERS AS WE SHOULD AND WE GET " EASY MODE FOR EVERYTHING"

The game has alot of difficult aspects in pvp. This game gets easier with the amount of players in a tribe working towards teh same goal. So I guess you consider yourself some sort of pvp veteran pro unseen player, because you play no tame? wow.

Most of the patches just  increase/decrease grind time amount.

alpha leedischtys item is not hard to get , as a challenge to obtain it. it is hard to get cause the whale spawns rarely and in very very few numbers.

wow wow wow...

32 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Yeah it is the pretty much the most expensive thing out there but that is because of what it can do.

luckily it is only a 1 time cost. Unless you make more of course lol

I think I need to spend some time beefing up my defenses before I get one. Would really suck to lose something that expensive. It makes the industrial forge and chem bench look like childs play.

1 hour ago, Smash said:

It was for balance reasons.  People were mind-wiping to have certain builds to cheese caves/PVP.

It shouldn't be 1 per level though.  I'd give it a length cooldown of 3 days to a week.

your talking about PVP. what about those that PVE, this nurf raptors us over big times. especially if were none-dedicated server owners. how is that justified to us?

1 hour ago, Smash said:

It was for balance reasons.  People were mind-wiping to have certain builds to cheese caves/PVP.

It shouldn't be 1 per level though.  I'd give it a length cooldown of 3 days to a week.

I just dont see the problem with mindwiping to make your character have the best possible build for the current task, such as caves like you mentioned. 

It's not like you can switch out builds instantly or in the middle of a fight. 

I see it as an aid to smaller tribes who dont have 9 different people to specialize in every area.

4 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I think I need to spend some time beefing up my defenses before I get one. Would really suck to lose something that expensive. It makes the industrial forge and chem bench look like childs play.

After I got wiped on no tame, they destroyed everything except the grinder. They probably wanted to use it. 

So I just set out a message on global saying I was demolishing it as I speak and was just going to drop the resources I got from demolishing it. They were mad of course and were running to try to get the resources before the 2 minute timer went off. They got there about 10 seconds too late ?

8 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I just dont see the problem with mindwiping to make your character have the best possible build for the current task, such as caves like you mentioned. 

It's not like you can switch out builds instantly or in the middle of a fight. 

I see it as an aid to smaller tribes who dont have 9 different people to specialize in every area.

It's a pretty well know issue in the MMO world.  Basically if you give someone an ability that makes something easy, then you have to balance the content with the assumption that they will always do it.  If not the content is trivialised.

If you are familiar with WoW at all you saw this in Druids not being viable tanks for years because they couldn't mitigate crushing blows while warriors could.  Content was balanced with the assumption that you would be using 'shield block'.  Now 10 years later they've stripped most of the options out of classes because there was always 'the one build' that you had to have anyway.

By getting rid of mind wipes on demand it stops you from being able to have the optimal stat build for every situation.  Now if you want to have a super speed build to cheese caves then you're going to be ineffective at PVP or die much more easily to Wilds.  The natural progression of this is for them to just reduce your progression choice to that of an archetype.  Pick one of 3 options on your stats will be distributed automatically with that focus.  Then no mind wipes are required.

13 hours ago, Smash said:

It's a pretty well know issue in the MMO world.  Basically if you give someone an ability that makes something easy, then you have to balance the content with the assumption that they will always do it.  If not the content is trivialised.

If you are familiar with WoW at all you saw this in Druids not being viable tanks for years because they couldn't mitigate crushing blows while warriors could.  Content was balanced with the assumption that you would be using 'shield block'.  Now 10 years later they've stripped most of the options out of classes because there was always 'the one build' that you had to have anyway.

By getting rid of mind wipes on demand it stops you from being able to have the optimal stat build for every situation.  Now if you want to have a super speed build to cheese caves then you're going to be ineffective at PVP or die much more easily to Wilds.  The natural progression of this is for them to just reduce your progression choice to that of an archetype.  Pick one of 3 options on your stats will be distributed automatically with that focus.  Then no mind wipes are required.

Respectfully, screw that noise. This isnt WOW. I dont want an archetype. We aren't elves or dwarves or wizards. I much prefer a completely open stat selection.

And to be honest I dont really care if lil Johnny wants to be a cave master one day, a build master the next day, and a PVP master on day 3. Its not like he can be all 3 at once or instantly switch off in the middle of conflict.

Freedom of choice is a good thing. It doesnt hurt anyone. Limiting mindwipes hurts the game overall and especially small tribes.

On 7/1/2017 at 0:28 AM, St1ckyBandit said:

Why is that a problem? It actually sounds like a pain in the ass to wipe that much.

IDK probably because you could do things like get high lvl, wipe, pump everything into mele, go in and smear a base, wipe again and pump weight and raid everything. I'm just saying that is why they did it this way, I dont like it either, never wiping again is too definite, but a cool down would be better.

11 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

IDK probably because you could do things like get high lvl, wipe, pump everything into mele, go in and smear a base, wipe again and pump weight and raid everything. I'm just saying that is why they did it this way, I dont like it either, never wiping again is too definite, but a cool down would be better.

Sounds incredibly inefficient compared to just using a dino.

Archived