Stasis Food Consumption & Floating in Water/Floating

Jatheish

Just now, Mykindos said:

So basically you were going to complain even if they didn't fix the bug

Not exactly sure you are understanding.  The person you replied to originally was saying that an 18-hour baby phase is not fun. Your implication was that the change in consumption rates would remedy that.  All I am saying is that I don't see it as a major change in the feeding times for a baby dino.  If you were trying to say that the ability to take more bathroom breaks in that 18 hours at your computer would make it more fun, I apologize.  To each his or her own.

MY only question in this thread has been on how the change in stasis affects ALL dinos.  And there I am just seeking clarification because such a change can have a fairly large impact on people who are only able to log on for weekends.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Silk said:

Feeding a baby should be just like imprinting...  a message should say (Baby needs to be fed in 3:30 hours)... and then we do it.

This way we can plan out our game time without having to sit still for 5 hours doing nothing.

I agree they should have the breeding like wyverns they seem to work the best where their food can stay high enough where you only have to feed it when imprinting needs to be done.

58 minutes ago, Jat said:

We've got a large update coming later today which will fix a number of bugs. Two important bugs that should now be fixed is the rate at which Dinos consume food in water or in stasis. You should now see them consume just as much as they would have previously. When the next major version goes live on all platforms, you'll see this change take place. To compensate for this, we've made some changes to the rate at which Baby Dinos eat food and you'll find that they're eating much less now than they did previously. 

We'll be posting full patch notes later on (as there's still some work being done), which will go through the tweaks, QOL changes, bug fixes, new features and more.

As someone who water bred, I still applaud this. Water breeding was never supposed to be a means to an end, only demonstrate that it was necessary to do to still be able to work full time and yet raise babies. Nobody should really be able to raise 20 gigas at the same time unless you do it as a full time job. This will of course put a hamper on mass raising dino's, but at the same time, bases were never designed to have 200 bronto's sitting in the water and raising at the same time.

My only question for this, if you can answer it is, will "stasis" still exist if the dino is not rendered?

9 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

That part of the game isn't supposed to be fun. It's part of the grinding area of the game. Metal runs aren't fun either but if you want the big base you gotta put in the time. So if you want that OP giga it is righteous that you have to sacrifice ALOT of time for it

You don't have to sacrifice alot of time for it... you straight up have to take vacation from work for a week and barely sleep.

You're not being reasonable.

4 minutes ago, Tanek said:

MY only question in this thread has been on how the change in stasis affects ALL dinos.  And there I am just seeking clarification because such a change can have a fairly large impact on people who are only able to log on for weekends.

damn, you're right... I didn't even consider that part.... dieing dinos all over.

21 minutes ago, WingedWolfPsion said:

Actually, making breeding accessible to everyone would require just two major changes.  When no owner of an animal is online, its food consumption and maturation are frozen.  It can't die of starvation or eat until an owner logs on again.  This would solve the issue, would be fair and balanced, and would remove the 'Tamagotchi' aspect of the game.  I can't think of a single thing this change would negatively impact.

I like this idea, but it would effect the current imprinting meta.

Just now, Silk said:

You don't have to sacrifice alot of time for it... you straight up have to take vacation from work for a week and barely sleep.

You're not being reasonable.

Do you know how much damage a highly bred giga can do? Believe me if someone is going to use that thing on me I want them calling in sick to work to do it.

5 minutes ago, Tanek said:

Not exactly sure you are understanding.  The person you replied to originally was saying that an 18-hour baby phase is not fun. Your implication was that the change in consumption rates would remedy that.  All I am saying is that I don't see it as a major change in the feeding times for a baby dino.  If you were trying to say that the ability to take more bathroom breaks in that 18 hours at your computer would make it more fun, I apologize.  To each his or her own.

I guess there was a misunderstanding both ways. I was implying that nothing will really change because of the compensation.

I'm generally in favor of the direction here, but I may be in a minority. I never tried to rely on Stasis, as traffic near my base can be unpredictable, and my attempts at floating babies have had mixed results.

However, one specific case where I use the water trick because it doesn't seem practical to raise without it, is Daeodons. The food consumption on baby Daeodons is so high their natural eating rate from Inventory can't keep up, even using high value food such as Dodo kibble. This issue extends into adulthood as well, to a lesser degree. I actually like that there are are some babies that are more challenging than others, but this particular challenge is nearly impossible using normal mechanics. This particular dino could stand to having its food consumption values reviewed independently of the blanket changes mentioned here.

38 minutes ago, Penney said:

One more important questions so you remove babys eat less in stasis is this only for babys or all dinos in general? I was able to stay offline for 4-5 days without having my dinos dead so now i need to feed my dinos every 1-2 days cause mantis and giga starve superfast and dont have stasis anymore? Or still less food consumption on adults?

What about megalosaurious? same speed food consumption...

3 minutes ago, Imblue65 said:

How much of a reduction to the food consumption will be done? Will i be able to raise daeodon on land without burning through 4k meat in like 5 min?

let's not forget that the daeodon won't even eat on its own as a baby.... you have to force feed it and have an adult daedon on passive healing to keep it alive... and then you have force feed that adult daedon to keep it going.

Hows about you increase maturation permanently. Like FFS any person who has a real life. example: I work 9 hours a day with a 55-70 minute commute, therefore am away from my Xbox for nearly 12 hours a day, the girlfriend hates that when I get home I have to jump on ark to feed babies for 12 days in a row if I want to raise a giga.

The rate which dinos eat was quite fair considering babies do eat a lot. You need to speed up maturation. If you're gonna raise a baby you should have to commit to the meat/berry runs but it should not take 12 God damn days... Reevaluate your maturation rates and fix the problems that people NEED fixed. 

I don't know anyone who has quit ark because of floating babies. I know dozens whom quit because of the lag and disconnection. 

Like seriously your priorities are so flipping backwards. You're gonna push all your most dedicated players away.

This is coming from someone with 3500+ hours logged.

#sorrynotsorry #youruineverything

6 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Do you know how much damage a highly bred giga can do? Believe me if someone is going to use that thing on me I want them calling in sick to work to do it.

Ah... so I see your angle... you're not interested in actually making the breeding playable or reasonable... you just don't want it used against you... well done.

Just now, Silk said:

let's not forget that the daeodon won't even eat on its own as a baby.... you have to force feed it and have an adult daedon on passive healing to keep it alive... and then you have force feed that adult daedon to keep it going.

all of mine that ive bred ate on their own, had to use cooked instead of raw, but it was still an insane amount of consumption. Even in the water with reduced consumption they ate like a baby normally would on land

Just now, Silk said:

Ah... so I see your angle... you're not interested in actually making the breeding playable or reasonable... you just don't want it used against you... well done.

It can be used against me just fine. But I take into consideration how long it took me to build the base that giga is going to destroy and it took a lot longer than it took to breed that giga, so no I don't feel for breeders. I am not the problem, it's the people that want to make it even easier to take out people than it already is. It should take just as long to make the offense as it does the defense. Completely justified 

"Dang they raised that giga in the water, cutting food consumption but with a high change of drowning, dying with food in its inventory, or it could just die randomly. Better patch this. Lets just ignore the numerous Blue screens, duplication methods, connection losses, Dinos on neutral being killed by Pegos, and other issues that make the game unplayable. I know they would want this patched first" lol and they think this game is ready for final release

2 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

It can be used against me just fine. But I take into consideration how long it took me to build the base that giga is going to destroy and it took a lot longer than it took to breed that giga, so no I don't feel for breeders. I am not the problem, it's the people that want to make it even easier to take out people than it already is. It should take just as long to make the offense as it does the defense. Completely justified 

First, you aren't part of a reasonable solution.

Second, I'm fine with everything still takeing the same amount of time to mature.  

I'm not fine with dinos starving with food in their inventory.

I'm not fine with being forced to not play the game for 5+ hours straight.

I'm perfectly fine with doing meat runs and making sure food is available.

I'm not fine with having to hand feed things for 5+ hours every minute of those hours.

Keep maturation the same, but make feeding interval based... so we come back after a timer and feed the baby like a wyvern.

1 hour ago, Jat said:

We've got a large update coming later today which will fix a number of bugs. Two important bugs that should now be fixed is the rate at which Dinos consume food in water or in stasis. You should now see them consume just as much as they would have previously. When the next major version goes live on all platforms, you'll see this change take place. To compensate for this, we've made some changes to the rate at which Baby Dinos eat food and you'll find that they're eating much less now than they did previously. 

We'll be posting full patch notes later on (as there's still some work being done), which will go through the tweaks, QOL changes, bug fixes, new features and more.

Jat with all the respect u deserve, I dont care what changes u will be doing inthe road to the final version of the game, I just want to know is: Will you be wiping official servers prior to final launch of the game? because every where i heard rumors about that, and just want to know your opinion on that, seriuslly. If you have no answer i will be taking it as Yes, because i know u have to keep some details unrevealed to do not affect the statictics of people playing ARK, sure they will goes close to none.

Will be waiting for your comments on this...

6 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

If you think lack of a Giga is gonna save your base... then you're not in your right mind.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived