Can anyone explain the season pass to me?

NathanAndDaddy

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

but does it give them for 1 year? otr permanently?

You get them permanently. All the purchase questions people have, if you noticed, tend to have the same answer.

I bought this game during early access. Do I need to buy it again when it comes out?

I bought the DLC during early access. Do I need to buy it again when ARK goes live?

If I buy the season pass will I have to buy the season pass again after a year to keep playing the dlc?

No. You buy it once and that's the end of that transaction. You get access to the game and any DLC that you purchased individually or through a season pass in perpetuity.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

You get them permanently. All the purchase questions people have, if you noticed, tend to have the same answer.

I bought this game during early access. Do I need to buy it again when it comes out?

I bought the DLC during early access. Do I need to buy it again when ARK goes live?

If I buy the season pass will I have to buy the season pass again after a year to keep playing the dlc?

No. You buy it once and that's the end of that transaction. You get access to the game and any DLC that you purchased individually or through a season pass in perpetuity.

thanks

Bad move, I just prefer to buy dlc by dlc.

However, I would pay a monthly fee for IN GAME support. Like blizzard does, you have a problem and you open a ticket without leaving the game, and a GM comes to your rescue, in your language, and in less than 10 min. I really would pay for it, cause I dont like to be waiting for 7 days or more, just to receive a generic reply that in most cases is "oh sorry, we can do nothing, is early access, bla bla"...

14 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

That would be a massive sausagemove if it's only a year. A Season Pass, if looking at other devs, is a pass you buy once before DLCs are released, and you get all DLCs they release after it.

A Seasonpass, a season is a limited timeframe.
Wouldn't it be a Lifetimepass if its infinite?

So they gave it just a name that makes not clear what they are giving the user...

1 hour ago, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

So they gave it just a name that makes not clear what they are giving the user...

Like I said. I bought plenty of season passes in the past which were lifetime. Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Borderlands TPS and so on.

13 hours ago, Voidstar said:

but does it give them for 1 year? otr permanently?

They are yours permanently. A season pass is simply a way of pre-paying for the DLC at a discount. It does have the downside that you have no idea what the DLC will be however so you may end up stuck with a DLC that you have no interest in but no matter what, it remains yours. The other risk with a season pass is that the game could get canceled without any further DLC being produced although with Ark this is highly unlikely as it is Wild Card's flagship product. 

On 6/20/2017 at 7:28 PM, Xeno1987 said:

And by the way they need money to live or do you working for nothing.

Somehow I doubt Ubisoft need the extra cash from R6 Season Passes!  That's the reason I stopped playing that game, bought the limited edition for something like £75 then was told 9 month later I would need to spend another £40 to get next seasons operators when somebody who recently buys the full game with Season 2 included got it all for £50.

Money grabbing cnuts.

I could only assume that the season pass for ark (which I had no idea was a thing) will be a one time thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2017 at 2:53 AM, Sinate said:

Just 1 question, a lot of people have already purchased SE, will those people get a discount on the Season pass as SE is included in the pass?

That is exactly the question I have too! I cannot find any information regarding this. I find it quite unfair and stupid that buying a season pass right now would essentially make all of us who supported them in early access despite the poor decision it was to release SE prior to launch get a huge foot in the backside. I have no issues with a Season Pass, but it should only include the unreleased expansions, not SE. Instead of putting the season pass on sale (it is currently 33% off), put SE on sale or "bundle" it with the Season Pass for those that don't already have it. To me that would have been a MUCH better decision and would have ensured more sales of the season pass because as of right now, I won't buy the season pass because I should not have to pay for SE twice. And I'm sure a lot of early access/SE purchasers feel that way.

On 8/8/2017 at 8:49 AM, CyberAngel67 said:

And this is why you DO NOT create DLC to sell in Early access, now while I love the game and SE is a joke with all the bugs, I feel ripped of because now I am paying for it twice!!

Smartest move Wildcard can make is that everyone who already bough Scorched Earth owns the season pass.

I do not agree that the Season Pass should be FREE to anyone who owns SE, and releasing DLC in early access has nothing to do with this. This is about not having an option for those that helped support the game in early access. I still enjoy SE and I never seemed to have any "bugs", so I'm not sure why there is so much hate toward SE other than the choice of release timing.

Right now, the Season Pass is on sale for $30. If you break it down, that would be $10 a DLC, which I feel is a good deal; however, when you consider that you already paid $20 for one of them, and technically another $10 for the same one AGAIN - that means you've paid $30 for SE. Which is more than anyone buying it right now would be paying. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!! 

I guess I could look at it that since I already own SE, I would in essence be paying $15 each for the remaining 2 DLCs, which would still be a savings but only if the remaining 2 DLCs are $20 each (or more) like SE is currently and was in EA. With that reasoning, I MAY be tempted to buy the Season Pass while it is on sale. However, when the DLCs  release and they are less than $15 each, then yeah, I will have been supremely shafted.

So, in it's current state, I will NOT buy the Season Pass. I'm not asking for freebies, I am just asking not to have to purchase something twice, which I don't think anyone (in their right mind) would find unreasonable. I feel that being able to buy ARK in early access for the lower price we all got it for was well worth it. Look at all the (technically) FREE content we got while playing it (all the dinos, biome updates, weapons, tech tier, etc.) We got all the same content as those purchasing the game now for 1/2 that cost if not more, so I see that as my "reward" for buying into early access. So no, I do NOT think we should get the Season Pass for free, but we should NOT have to pay twice for SE.

Just hearing about a season pass now ..

unbelievable the way WC is pecker punching.

Wthout some sort of discount pertaining to prior purchases I will not be purchasing anything else

show some love wildcard , you're losing us 

On 6/21/2017 at 4:08 AM, arkark said:

Bad move, I just prefer to buy dlc by dlc.

However, I would pay a monthly fee for IN GAME support. Like blizzard does, you have a problem and you open a ticket without leaving the game, and a GM comes to your rescue, in your language, and in less than 10 min. I really would pay for it, cause I dont like to be waiting for 7 days or more, just to receive a generic reply that in most cases is "oh sorry, we can do nothing, is early access, bla bla"...

On 6/21/2017 at 4:28 AM, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

On 6/21/2017 at 5:53 AM, Sinate said:

Just 1 question, a lot of people have already purchased SE, will those people get a discount on the Season pass as SE is included in the pass?

On 8/8/2017 at 11:49 AM, CyberAngel67 said:

And this is why you DO NOT create DLC to sell in Early access, now while I love the game and SE is a joke with all the bugs, I feel ripped of because now I am paying for it twice!!

Smartest move Wildcard can make is that everyone who already bough Scorched Earth owns the season pass.

10 minutes ago, moosedawg said:

That is exactly the question I have too! I cannot find any information regarding this. I find it quite unfair and stupid that buying a season pass right now would essentially make all of us who supported them in early access despite the poor decision it was to release SE prior to launch get a huge foot in the backside. I have no issues with a Season Pass, but it should only include the unreleased expansions, not SE. Instead of putting the season pass on sale (it is currently 33% off), put SE on sale or "bundle" it with the Season Pass for those that don't already have it. To me that would have been a MUCH better decision and would have ensured more sales of the season pass because as of right now, I won't buy the season pass because I should not have to pay for SE twice. And I'm sure a lot of early access/SE purchasers feel that way.

I do not agree that the Season Pass should be FREE to anyone who owns SE, and releasing DLC in early access has nothing to do with this. This is about not having an option for those that helped support the game in early access. I still enjoy SE and I never seemed to have any "bugs", so I'm not sure why there is so much hate toward SE other than the choice of release timing.

Right now, the Season Pass is on sale for $30. If you break it down, that would be $10 a DLC, which I feel is a good deal; however, when you consider that you already paid $20 for one of them, and technically another $10 for the same one AGAIN - that means you've paid $30 for SE. Which is more than anyone buying it right now would be paying. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!! 

I guess I could look at it that since I already own SE, I would in essence be paying $15 each for the remaining 2 DLCs, which would still be a savings but only if the remaining 2 DLCs are $20 each (or more) like SE is currently and was in EA. With that reasoning, I MAY be tempted to buy the Season Pass while it is on sale. However, when the DLCs  release and they are less than $15 each, then yeah, I will have been supremely shafted.

So, in it's current state, I will NOT buy the Season Pass. I'm not asking for freebies, I am just asking not to have to purchase something twice, which I don't think anyone (in their right mind) would find unreasonable. I feel that being able to buy ARK in early access for the lower price we all got it for was well worth it. Look at all the (technically) FREE content we got while playing it (all the dinos, biome updates, weapons, tech tier, etc.) We got all the same content as those purchasing the game now for 1/2 that cost if not more, so I see that as my "reward" for buying into early access. So no, I do NOT think we should get the Season Pass for free, but we should NOT have to pay twice for SE.

On 6/21/2017 at 5:53 AM, Sinate said:

Sorry wildcard but i would never buy a season pass from you. All your content has taken double the estimated time to release, so the season pass would need to be at least a 2 year thing, if not more. 

And including Scorched in there O.o.

Shouldn't it be part of the base game by now? How can it be dlc both before and after release? It was part of ea.

That said I will probably buy everything, just individually as it releases.

Season pass has always struck me, as a really stupid idea. Not a ark specific one this time, I straight up refuse to buy those things if a dlc is attractive enough for me to commit then i'll commit im not pre emptively prying open my dusty wallet for content I may or may not like, or may or may not even be playing in a year.

I won't spend another penny on a game that doesn't value its customers and treats them like wild card like how they cut support for the people that got their game to this point and how they lie about legacy getting ragna, release  servers 24hrs after release of the game they are a absolute disgrace anyone defending them is a blind helmet this is no way to treat loyal fans I won't buy anything else from these disrespectful shysters 

12 hours ago, moosedawg said:

Okay, you paid $19.99 for Scorched Earth I am assuming, as that is it's retail price. Wildcard has said that all future DLC Expansions will also be priced at $19.99. Season pass is $45. So that's $15 per DLC included. Currently it's 33% off, (probably because of the Ragnarok fiasco, in the future I highly doubt modders will get free reign with Expansion assets), for a total of $29.99. So you would be paying $10 per DLC which is 50% off, or if you don't take Scorched Earth into account at all, 15$ per DLC, which is still 25% off. The fact that Scorched Earth is included in the bundle is a matter of marketing convenience. Whether you own it or not you are still getting a discount on the other two by buying the pass, you are not "paying for Scorched Earth twice" in any substantial sense.

I mean I basically just reiterated what you already said... But yeah. I think it's worthwhile, bought it yesterday.

I really don't understand what is the problem with this?

You buy a season pass and get acces to 3 DLCs (2 if you own SE). For life.

For all of you whining about I have SE so I have to pay it again I tell one thing. The 33% season pass discount only happens (tadda when you have SE) so or you don't read the Steam page of the game or you are trying to mine WC beacuse personal problems with the game.

And that feels sad. 

Regards.

Hi all, gonna take a shot at explaining the season pass. First and foremost, a season pass is not a subscription.

I will use Star wars Battlefront as an example and will create a hypothetical DLC. I will be using 3 different people.

John - did not buy the season pass only owns the core game.

Jake - bought season pass 1 with core game

Justin - Bought core game and Season pass 1 and the hypothetical/ficticjous Season pass 2.

Battlefront season pass 1 includes 5 maps, 10 new characters,  and other junk that came out 2016

Hypothetical/Ficticious season Pass 2 includes Prequel content (maps, chars), galactic conquest mode, and other junk came out 2017

John only owns the core game so he only has access to the core content, he cannot use the 10 new characters, 5 new mapa from SP1 nor the stuff from SP2

Jake who own SP1 has access to the 5 new maps and 10 new characters until he dies. However he did not buy SP2 so he doesnt have prequesl or galactic conquest mode. 

Justin bought both SP so he will have access to all until he dies.

All three can still play together if its a core map, jake and justin can play on SP1 maps. 

A season pass is like a bundle and you are basically preordering w/e will be released during the season the devs establish, in Ark's case its two expansions included plus SE  which you can play on even when you turn 98. The incentives are usually a lower price than buying seperate and earlier access.

In the case of R6, it's not that you subscribed for a year, it's that you paid for 1 year worth of NEW content which you will still have access wether you own the second year or not.

Same thing on 2nd year, you will get access to 2nd year Content but not the 1st.

On 6/21/2017 at 4:21 AM, Xeno1987 said:

Wrong all season passes are limited only for 1 year. R6 Siege or many other games get every year a new pass.

Yeah, like I bought the Year 2 Pass for R6 Siege that gets me all the characters for this year, doesn't mean that next year I lose them. I keep what I bought, same with ARK. I get to keep Scorched Earth and the Aberration one forever with this pass. If they release more DLCs next "season" that'll have a new pass but I keep the old ones.

1 hour ago, TheInverse said:

Yeah, like I bought the Year 2 Pass for R6 Siege that gets me all the characters for this year, doesn't mean that next year I lose them. I keep what I bought, same with ARK. I get to keep Scorched Earth and the Aberration one forever with this pass. If they release more DLCs next "season" that'll have a new pass but I keep the old ones.

He actually never said you loose the stuff from the season pass, he was implying that the next season pass had to be purchased.

• Volunteer Moderator

You seem to get 33% off on the season pass if you already own SE. However, you can buy the season pass as a gift and gift it to someone that doesn't own SE and you still save 33%. So if one of your friend doesn't own SE and want to buy the season pass, you might gift it to them so they save money. Fairly sure this was not intended to work that way but well, this is how it currently works on steam so WC might want to contact them and get this fixed as they lose money...

Archived