The Ark Devs HAVE to address the problem of Alpha/Mega Tribes ruining servers

Zacusca

5 minutes ago, Wildwolfy said:

Your Right there is no Skill in an oFFLINE RAID there is no Honor in it waiting for players to go offline to kill them, I remeber what you was saying about a meet date time Battle, its almost like theyw as the days when there was Honor on Ark now you have spinless people that will kill you while you lseep. No Skill in that. At all its nice to hear from another player that sees Honor in the same light.
In real life i will face my enermy Awake while he is awake, in honor look into this eyes. you have there respect and offer yours. But now its Honorless and cowerds..in Ark.

Ark has always had offline raids since day 1. Never has this honor existed. Maybe you followed that code but the majority of players never had. Offline raiding against megas/alphas should never happen because a smart mega/alpha is never truly offline. They always have people logged in and the other players reachable by whatsapp or some other messaging service . Offline raids are only a problem for small tribes that don't take the game seriously enough.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Gets what? All I seen was a try hard comment condoning offline raiding as a legitimate form of skill.

Zero skill is required to perform an offline raid ZERO, it is nowhere in the remit of PvP and in all fairness is just a pure act of cowardice.  I don't care if the tribe being attacked has a 2x2 thatch hut, if you raid them why they're offline you have absolutely no credibility in the world of PvP and become the lowest form of scum in the Ark community.

What happened to the days, not even fully a year ago, where tribes would cement a time and place for a raid to go down, even in PvP, if somebody pissed us off to the point we wanted to wipe them we would make it known across the server, tell them to be on a certain time that is suitable for their players and when that time came we would raid them, albeit some would chicken out and not come online at the time but they was warned, and in those cases we wouldn't fully wipe them as it just seemed wrong, their resources and BP's would come home with us, but the vast part of their base and dinos would still be there in the morning.

Ark mentality has degraded to the bottom of the sea, people would rather wait till a server is at its lowest and then flood it with members and wipe everybody off whilst their asleep.  It has no morality or sense of victory against it... if anything you aren't only cheating the poor sods you just offlined out of all their hours of work, you're cheating yourself out of any form of respect or validation.

And no i'm not salty for being raided offline, I'm part of an alpha that is part of a much bigger mega, and despite that they know I wont make my tribe offline raid.

You're talking about honor though, not mechanics. I'm being logical, not emotional. I don't care that you would or wouldn't offline someone. I really truly don't. That being said, it is a mechanic of the game, a feature. You can complain about it all you want, but it has been since the beginning of the game that the world goes on after you log off. If you can't deal with that, go play a different game.

1 minute ago, lvirusl said:

Ark has always had offline raids since day 1. Never has this honor existed. Maybe you followed that code but the majority of players never had. Offline raiding against megas/alphas should never happen because a smart mega/alpha is never truly offline. They always have people logged in and the other players reachable by whatsapp or some other messaging service . Offline raids are only a problem for small tribes that don't take the game seriously enough.

Lol dont take the game serious enough lol.. some people have Work and jobs to go to. and cant play the game 24.7 that have no lives. That is very small minded of you, to make that comment ARK can still have a serious gamers that play games including ARK, i know allot, that take Ark very serious. and Honor is a BIG thing not just my Code its allot of players. Oh i know how it works, Whatapp or Skype even twitter. I have a tribe we keep in Check, some of my tribe live in the US some live in the UK so we have people online a majority of the time but we are not kids, we are all adults with lives and work and family.
But then you will have the spinless Cowards kids that play this game 24-7 that dont know the meaning of faceing another tribe in Battle face to face. and in life they will grow up to be spinless cowards.
So this game is not just a game is a game on personality, who you are as a person and i am well aware that there have been offline raiding from dayone but back in day one if you find my full post, not just looking at a small part of it.
And i made a comment on the Gentleman that he has honor and i agreed with it. OK. MR i have to make a comment to show that i exsit ....lol...

4 minutes ago, Wildwolfy said:

Lol dont take the game serious enough lol.. some people have Work and jobs to go to. and cant play the game 24.7 that have no lives. That is very small minded of you, to make that comment ARK can still have a serious gamers that play games including ARK, i know allot, that take Ark very serious. and Honor is a BIG thing not just my Code its allot of players. Oh i know how it works, Whatapp or Skype even twitter. I have a tribe we keep in Check, some of my tribe live in the US some live in the UK so we have people online a majority of the time but we are not kids, we are all adults with lives and work and family.
But then you will have the spinless Cowards kids that play this game 24-7 that dont know the meaning of faceing another tribe in Battle face to face. and in life they will grow up to be spinless cowards.
So this game is not just a game is a game on personality, who you are as a person and i am well aware that there have been offline raiding from dayone but back in day one if you find my full post, not just looking at a small part of it.
And i made a comment on the Gentleman that he has honor and i agreed with it. OK. MR i have to make a comment to show that i exsit ....lol...

Yeah those same people in that mega tribe, yeh guess what they might play 4 hours a day. The difference is that they were smart. They have 50 -60 people in their tribe and they always have alot on. And most alphas don't like kids in their tribe because kids lead to inside-ing, many tribes I know won't even consider you if you aren't older then your early 20's. I know 60 year olds in my tribes breeding war dinos and farming for the war effort. But you wouldn't know that because honor exudes from you and the honorable thing to do would be to never attack anyone and sit there and play PvE on a PvP server.

2 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

Yeah those same people in that mega tribe, yeh guess what they might play 4 hours a day. The difference is that they were smart. They have 50 -60 people in their tribe and they always have alot on. And most alphas don't like kids in their tribe because kids lead to inside-ing, many tribes I know won't even consider you if you aren't older then your early 20's. I know 60 year olds in my tribes breeding war dinos and farming for the war effort. But you wouldn't know that because honor exudes from you and the honorable thing to do would be to never attack anyone and sit there and play PvE on a PvP server.

So what are you saying that you would raid a tribe that is offline than to face them head on.becase we do face our rivals head on and we play PVP because it is about Honor in battle,
I love your Quote"" But you wouldn't know that because honor exudes from you and the honorable thing to do would be to never attack anyone and sit there and play PvE on a PvP server. "" You dont know me Ok.  Such a Childish comment...for you to pass that comment on me means you would have to know me, but for someone that assumes they know an indiviual means its leads to you loseing every battle you face.

2 minutes ago, Wildwolfy said:

So what are you saying that you would raid a tribe that is offline than to face them head on.becase we do face our rivals head on and we play PVP because it is about Honor in battle,
I love your Quote"" But you wouldn't know that because honor exudes from you and the honorable thing to do would be to never attack anyone and sit there and play PvE on a PvP server. "" You dont know me Ok.  Such a Childish comment...for you to pass that comment on me means you would have to know me, but for someone that assumes they know an indiviual means its leads to you loseing every battle you face.

I would for sure raid you offline. Its about survival, not honor. Hence the friggen title of the game lol. This isn't line to line combat in the revolutionary war vs the british bud, this is a survival game against people willing to do whatever it takes to survive. If you have items that benefit me or you could in any way be a threat to me staying alive, I don't give two hoots that you aren't online to defend yourself, that's your problem. I'm gonna be throwing a grenade on top of your body as the game sits there and notifies me that you're sleeping. :)

1 minute ago, Wildwolfy said:

I don't claim to know you, its just a jab at your flawed logic, war is not honorable in life trust me I've seen enough "honorable acts" in war,  and its not honorable in this game either. You want to know about winning battles, sun Tzu's great and all but his works only apply partially to todays society since that is who you're alluding to in your post. But today its not all so simple especially in real life, and even more so in this game since there is no risk of actual death to its player.

43 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

I don't claim to know you, its just a jab at your flawed logic, war is not honorable in life trust me I've seen enough "honorable acts" in war,  and its not honorable in this game either. You want to know about winning battles, sun Tzu's great and all but his works only apply partially to todays society since that is who you're alluding to in your post. But today its not all so simple especially in real life, and even more so in this game since there is no risk of actual death to its player.

Well the jab missed mate! because flawed logic for you maybe but i do live of life of Honor and fighting face to face in battle. Its a way of life for me and the other many factions of people that still live that life in games and In real life, But if you play games as a Coward you will always be a Coward in games and in life.
And i am aware of how the games works survival of the fit not the weak, But there is honor in protecting the weak, and that is what our tribe does maybe one day we will meet on a server. But as you will wait for many to sleep before you kill them we will face them in Battle we always place a chat of a meeting place and time, as true battles are placed.
But you stay as the killer that slays his pray when they are asleep Mr, my logic is flawed lol. and i am not SON.. lol....

1 hour ago, bulldog1986 said:

You're talking about honor though, not mechanics. I'm being logical, not emotional. I don't care that you would or wouldn't offline someone. I really truly don't. That being said, it is a mechanic of the game, a feature. You can complain about it all you want, but it has been since the beginning of the game that the world goes on after you log off. If you can't deal with that, go play a different game.

I think you missed the bottom of my post, or intentionally ignored it so you could say "git gud or play a different game"

this situation doesn't affect me in the slightest. You wouldn't even get on my server with weapons or a animals to even bother raiding me whilst I'm asleep. Hell if you join my server the chances are you're going to have to get a GM to come and save your crying self because I sure as hell wouldn't stop you in the endless cycle of spawn kills :) 

Many will complain at the above statement but it's because of people like you that our server has agreed to do this technique. Offline raiding has zero skill to do, I could single handedly wipe any base you present to me without a single person being online withIn it, it's just a matter of time and patience. Put two or more people in that base with snipers or dinos and I would have a hard time. Difference is tho, I'd enjoy the second scenario better as I wasn't acting like a coward who doesn't have the skill or balls to face a tribe whilst they're online. 

Say it how you will but the majority of the community will just look at you as the cancer that ruins pvp, not as a big shot hero. 

30 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

I think you missed the bottom of my post, or intentionally ignored it so you could say "git gud or play a different game"

this situation doesn't affect me in the slightest. You wouldn't even get on my server with weapons or a animals to even bother raiding me whilst I'm asleep. Hell if you join my server the chances are you're going to have to get a GM to come and save your crying self because I sure as hell wouldn't stop you in the endless cycle of spawn kills :) 

Many will complain at the above statement but it's because of people like you that our server has agreed to do this technique. Offline raiding has zero skill to do, I could single handedly wipe any base you present to me without a single person being online withIn it, it's just a matter of time and patience. Put two or more people in that base with snipers or dinos and I would have a hard time. Difference is tho, I'd enjoy the second scenario better as I wasn't acting like a coward who doesn't have the skill or balls to face a tribe whilst they're online. 

Say it how you will but the majority of the community will just look at you as the cancer that ruins pvp, not as a big shot hero. 

Lol I find you amusing and hilarious when you talk big to people you don't know or without knowing what tribe or ties they have have :) And its equally hilarious when you talk about cowardice and then admit that you block spawn drops like a coward?

1 hour ago, Wildwolfy said:

Well the jab missed mate! because flawed logic for you maybe but i do live of life of Honor and fighting face to face in battle. Its a way of life for me and the other many factions of people that still live that life in games and In real life, But if you play games as a Coward you will always be a Coward in games and in life.
And i am aware of how the games works survival of the fit not the weak, But there is honor in protecting the weak, and that is what our tribe does maybe one day we will meet on a server. But as you will wait for many to sleep before you kill them we will face them in Battle we always place a chat of a meeting place and time, as true battles are placed.
But you stay as the killer that slays his pray when they are asleep Mr, my logic is flawed lol. and i am not SON.. lol....

I don't care if you are on or not when I attack. If we decide to attack someone we bring dozens of people and fill the server 100's of dinos emptying your turrets of every base on your server. Good luck fighting multiple fronts with bred dinos that have high stats from generations of breeding. We don't attack random people for no reason either we have better things to do. Politics plays way more into this then honor or the lack thereof. You can call who ever you want a coward but when it comes to it your honor and ideals will get you killed in the field of real life what gets people through those times is teamwork and training. Vi per Concordiam

1 hour ago, bulldog1986 said:

Lol I find you amusing and hilarious when you talk big to people you don't know or without knowing what tribe or ties they have have :) And its equally hilarious when you talk about cowardice and then admit that you block spawn drops like a coward?

Two questions.

1. Where did I talk big? - I'm not the one who claims to walk around offline killing people because "muh survivals depends on it" or claiming it's "up and coming in the PvP world to offline somebody" I simply stated it requires no skills to offline somebody to which you can't deny. 

2. Where did I mention drops? - My server has the entire spawn areas defended, why you ask? Cowardice you'll claim? Not at all, do you think one tribe could effectively block off an entire map? Hardly. Why would they do it? To stop the influx of idiots griefing by spawning in and finding a drop or ob and then transferring countless duped dinos for the sake of raiding. Do we let people into the server? Yes. Plus it isn't the only server we use, but it's where our home bases are and our most valuable or dangerous items/dinos are. Not cowardice, intelligence. 

Actually, I never understood the mentality of offline raiding simply because it doesn't fit my personality or lifestyle. I mean if you advocate offline raiding it shows one of two things. 

Either you're just a troll who goes around to other regions servers knowing with their time zone the majority of them will be asleep

or

the benefit system works wonders in your country. 

Either way it's nothing to shout about. 

41 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

I don't care if you are on or not when I attack. If we decide to attack someone we bring dozens of people and fill the server 100's of dinos emptying your turrets of every base on your server. Good luck fighting multiple fronts with bred dinos that have high stats from generations of breeding. We don't attack random people for no reason either we have better things to do. Politics plays way more into this then honor or the lack thereof. You can call who ever you want a coward but when it comes to it your honor and ideals will get you killed in the field of real life what gets people through those times is teamwork and training. Vi per Concordiam

I sure hope with that final statement you've actually been in action in real life. if so I'm gonna guess you was way out in the back nowhere near the action because that is one horrible and sickening sentiment.

Just for the record I'm not trying to cross the lines of gaming honor or real life honor that would just be stupid. In my experience tho in this game not too long in the past tribes had some modicum of respect for each other. Now it's just inside jobs and offline raids. 

• Volunteer Moderator

Locking this for a minute.. Looks like you guys ran it into the ground.

Wow you guys broke my brain on this one. Sorry I think its a sinking ship... It will not be reopened. It was a very old thread resurrected then went all sorts of off topic name calling ect ect... 

Archived