The Ark Devs HAVE to address the problem of Alpha/Mega Tribes ruining servers

Zacusca

On 21/06/2017 at 6:25 PM, Blackninja said:

I asked for no such thing? My post contains no desires or yearning for anything but a psychological evaluation on players that might consist of you judging by your lack of understanding. You must be the Eurotrash I speak of, unable to comprehend basic text or speech.

You'll find normal people who are having fun in a video game. 

On 21/06/2017 at 6:27 PM, Blackninja said:

And by the war, a war consists of equallly armed parties and a backing for such death. When i get my stone house gets rocketed by some Eurotrash that doesn't understand my compliments about his griffin, that is not war. That is grieffing.

A war is a large armed conflict between two groups, motivations and strength of sides play no role on the definitions. 

Ah crap, just realized I'm replying to a month old post. Oh well. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/06/2017 at 1:59 AM, CriD said:

Why should we have to, to stay competitive and to have fun and PvP. Hitting the wrong person who was hostile to you usually has dire consequences now when they call their allies. 

Why should we need allies. Why should I need more then my 5 friends I want to play with. My post above yours gives everyone their own experience and way to play it. Join a cluster you want and not be forced into a giant one.

What's wrong with letting everyone play how they want instead of giving advice like "well just join something else you don't want to?" @Rancor

Are you mad? You think it's perfectly fair to be able to wipe the work of 15+ people with 5 people? 

What wrong with the alphas playing how they want and wiping you, huh? 

pvp are meant for pvp. but offline raiding is truly a poopty problem. it steal the enjoyment of fair war n made gamer real life suffer.

what i propose is a limiting the time where people can transfer between server.

asian server open between Wednesday to Sunday 7pm-12pm, +6GMT (for example).. this will create more balance wars between server.

39 minutes ago, tekgiga said:

pvp are meant for pvp. but offline raiding is truly a poopty problem. it steal the enjoyment of fair war n made gamer real life suffer.

what i propose is a limiting the time where people can transfer between server.

asian server open between Wednesday to Sunday 7pm-12pm, +6GMT (for example).. this will create more balance wars between server.

Nah, part of official pvp is the wild west nature of it, where ppl like you may not like it, others do, it's a big free for all and that's the beauty/disaster of it..

Lets be honest, suck to get wiped. And a new person in a thatch hut that is constantly being wipe because somebody is bored might quit the game.

But consider the following:

Fairness: Ok so lets reduce the tribe size to 20 and take cross transfer away. The tribe with 2 people will still complain since 20 v 2 is unfair.

Cross ark transfer: People think that things would be more fair if this is removed. Well, you either did not play before Cross transfer, forgot how it was or were the alpha and got wiped by a mega tribe. I stopped playing pvp just before they introduced the cross ark transfer system. Let me assure you that it was just as bad for the small tribes then as it is now if you ended up on a server with tyrant alphas.

Abuse of Power: this is a human condition, I am the strongest therefore I can do as I please. Nothing the devs can do about that.

I believe if you can get a large number of people together, manage them and on top of it if a large number have loads of time available, well then you should rule the ark. How you rule is up to you.

One thing we have to acknowledge though is that in the current state it is the game favor the attacker. I personally think that more can be done to balance this. When 2 tribes with identical resources, time and people at their disposal are at war I think that the defending tribe should have a better chance to win the battle than the attacking tribe.

I will probably get a lot of negative remarks for what I am about to say, but it needs to be said.

A lot of the complaints stem from the fact that people join the incorrect server type. This is not just about official or unofficial.

I want to play alone = single player. You can not join a server and then complain because you can not keep up with large tribes. The game is designed to tribes e.g. you can not learn all the engrams. I want to play with friends = join a server, dedicated, official or unofficial. Again if you have only two friends do not complain if you cant keep up with larger tribes. I don't want to be offline raided = ORP server. I don't want to be raided = PVE. Breeding/farming takes too long = unofficial.

Before you blame the game make sure that you are on the correct server type that suit your need. You know before hand if you join a pvp server as a single player you will have a hard time. If that is not what you want, why do you join a pvp server and then come to the forums and complain(this is just an example and not aimed at any of the previous posts)

5 hours ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Nah, part of official pvp is the wild west nature of it, where ppl like you may not like it, others do, it's a big free for all and that's the beauty/disaster of it..

i dont saw the beauty in that.. people in real life war dont go "offline"... n the server as it is today, cant handle people from various place. let say if i play oceania server, then friend from germany or US would lag.. so, how? force team member to stay the whole night to guard? and then distrub our sleep to wake up n defend? or force people from people in thailand to play at Eu server?

many of tribemate retire, because their family member/love one start to grieve . the game disturb their real life..

and its ethically n morally wrong for we as gamer, sacrificing our real life for game . we had responsibilities toward our family, workplace, business, society, etc..

so a time frame of 4 x 5 hour a week, as a window for cross ark travel, is make sense. it had big time frame, to allow tactical freedom. but not too big until ruin people life.

3 minutes ago, tekgiga said:

i dont saw the beauty in that.. people in real life war dont go "offline"... n the server as it is today, cant handle people from various place. let say if i play oceania server, then friend from germany or US would lag.. so, how? force team member to stay the whole night to guard? and then distrub our sleep to wake up n defend? or force people from people in thailand to play at Eu server?

many of tribemate retire, because their family member/love one start to grieve . the game disturb their real life..

and its ethically n morally wrong for we as gamer, sacrificing our real life for game . we had responsibilities toward our family, workplace, business, society, etc..

so a time frame of 4 x 5 hour a week, as a window for cross ark travel, is make sense. it had big time frame, to allow tactical freedom. but not too big until ruin people life.

I work 50 hrs a week and have a gf with a child and my own two children,  if I can't defend and I lose everything that's that,  it's a game.. you get what you put in, simple,  I'm not going to complain because I have real life commitments.. and if you tribe up you can overcome a lot of timezone issues (fyi, they really want you to tribe up, it's one of their many tips during the load screen)... if officials aren't for you because of time issues, that's ok, go play unofficial, single player,  a different game.. ark official pvp ISN'T FOR EVERYONE and THAT'S OK...

On 6/20/2017 at 10:57 PM, Zacusca said:

Abusing power is raiding people just for fun, not because the represent a threat, or because they have valuable resources, or because they did something to you.

Regarding the max tribe size, I would say 20 is more than enough.

I raid people for fun all the time its called PVP. As you play on a PVP server you should expect PVP.

Since our own server is deliberately kept dead we normally raid other servers to relieve the boredom. We go to our transmitter sort by most players and hit join. There is a surprisingly great amount of fun you can have just killing randoms and blowing up their bases. It's even better when they cry in global chat for help and then you wipe out their would be rescuers when they show up. 

At the end of the day when you have vaults full of every type of ascendant BP and a nice collection of the purest bred dinos what else are you meant to do to have fun? The point of this game is PVP so why not make use of it.

1 hour ago, BulletForce said:

I raid people for fun all the time its called PVP. As you play on a PVP server you should expect PVP.

Since our own server is deliberately kept dead we normally raid other servers to relieve the boredom. We go to our transmitter sort by most players and hit join. There is a surprisingly great amount of fun you can have just killing randoms and blowing up their bases. It's even better when they cry in global chat for help and then you wipe out their would be rescuers when they show up. 

At the end of the day when you have vaults full of every type of ascendant BP and a nice collection of the purest bred dinos what else are you meant to do to have fun? The point of this game is PVP so why not make use of it.

Everything you just said sounds nothing like PVP and only like bullying. After wiping out any competition on your home server which you now own, you now join other servers for no other reason than ruining someone elses day. With your way unrealstic arsenal of unique items and overpowered dinos there is no longer any real threat or challenge. That's not PVP. Frankly it's safe to make the assumption that to create such an empire would have taken some level of "rule breaking" which makes the OP topic all the more relevant. 

Armies of cheating bullies wiping servers and crushing every new player..every legitame tribe with reasonable amounts of members and a genuine excitement for the game being crushed. All because you have already bullied everyone out of your own server..all without any real opposition. This is what's wrong with this game...this is why the ark transfers failed. This is why I can't get any friends to buy or play the game . Ark is just a 5th grade playground with a few large seniors kicking kids off the swings so they can smoke and show off their peach fuzz. 

For PVP to work there has to be room for tribes to stand a chance...to build..to rebell. The alpha tribe has to have just a hint of concern that another tribe on the same server can eventually do some damage. It can't be this 10000 to 1 odds. This can't be what the developers had in mind.

If the developers can read your entire statement and agree, " yes this is what we wanted to create" then this game is doomed shortly after launch. 

On 20.6.2017 at 3:22 PM, Zacusca said:

Well, maybe there shouldn't be 100 people in the first place. I am also talking about the fact that these "100 people" abuse their power

thats why u go too a 10x all modded server unoff.. becus why spend 1 week playing everyday too get wiped inb 5min becus u talked in chat, or got found? you can blame yourself, people gonna own their servers and the offcial onces and take them hostage etc, thats how much freedom the devs gives the players, just browse too see if you find a low pop and enjoy singleplayer mode in offocial then.

36 minutes ago, Rep said:

For PVP to work there has to be room for tribes to stand a chance...to build..to rebell. The alpha tribe has to have just a hint of concern that another tribe on the same server can eventually do some damage. It can't be this 10000 to 1 odds. This can't be what the developers had in mind.

There is plenty of room for tribes to stand a chance, unlikely on the main servers of the Alpha tribes but there is a lot of servers where you can start building out of sight. It all comes down to smart play and not getting exposed until ready.

structures and neutral dinos take XX% less damage when tribe is offline.... problem solved...

Cap tribe numbers for members, structures and dinos (within reason) <-- this could work, even im not sure about it though. It would have to be within reason.

It would be nice if there actually was an element of real PVP in the game rather than absolute walk all over a server or be walked over. There is hardly any inbetween. Reduce the scale, and make it harder, so that skill, strategy, and tactics = results, instead of numbers and glitches = results.

5 hours ago, BulletForce said:

Since our own server is deliberately kept dead we normally raid other servers to relieve the boredom. 

Does anyone see how stupid this section sounds? "I raid people for fun, my server is kept dead and im bored" 

On 6/20/2017 at 6:10 AM, Zacusca said:

I am fine with raiding. You can't expect not to be raided on a PvP server, but you should at least have a fair chance. Ever since Ark allowed the transfer of tamed creatures and items, the game has been going downhill. Rude Alpha Tribes have always been a problem, because they can control a server and settle their own rules (I have even heard of an official server where the Alpha did not allow tribes to have more than 2 players), but the fact that these players can spread and control other servers is just broken. It has been 2 times so far that I have been absolutely destroyed by a Russian kid on a Wyvern for no reason whatsoever on an Official PvP Server. New players who cannot spend 7 hours/day playing or who do not have more than 4-5 active players in their tribe have absolutely 0 chance of surviving more than a few weeks if the server is ruled by a tyrant tribe.

A lot of people suggest that a wipe should occur on the release of the game, but in my opinion, that would simply a be a temporary solution, as those Mega Tribes could redeem everything back in about a month. A permanent solution needs to be found. Hopefully one that not only fixes the spread of the barbaric tribes, but also the domination of the Alpha Tribes on servers. I understand that players who have worked hard are going to be more powerful, but abusing that power ruins the fun for everyone.

*sigh*... I miss the days when Gigas and Wyverns did not exist and you actually needed a little effort to raid someone

I agree with you 1000% I think what the DEVS need to do is revert to NON-TRANSFERRING. It might not solve everything but atleast ALPHAS can't go from server to server causing HAVOC. Also a max of 10 player per tribe should be in place. If someone do harm to your base or tame you can bet they are on your server. At this current stage someone raid you kill all your tames and you have no clue who they are or where they are from. Disable transferring or create 2 set of servers. Half with transfer enable the other half with transfer disable. I can be you all the Trolls and Power hungry players will go to the Servers with transfer enable. Which leave the players who want to enjoy the game as a community on the servers with transfer disable.

I wish it was easier said than done...idk maybe change pvp a little bit more to where theres a timer on it? kinda like maybe only during certin times of the day you can pvp. or maybe only have certain areas where pvp is allowed? im not saying these are good ideas....but a solution to this is pretty hard given its pvp and its not the devs fault that a tribe goes all in and controls the server...

3 hours ago, phantomcards said:

I wish it was easier said than done...idk maybe change pvp a little bit more to where theres a timer on it? kinda like maybe only during certin times of the day you can pvp. or maybe only have certain areas where pvp is allowed? im not saying these are good ideas....but a solution to this is pretty hard given its pvp and its not the devs fault that a tribe goes all in and controls the server...

Yeah but I really think we need 2 set of servers Transfer and Nontransfer. Tribe limit should be 10 player max and alliance 3 to 5 max. Set limit on things. Let us decide if we want to be able to bounce from server to server or stay put on 1 server. I can bet all the megas and alphas who like controlling and causing havoc wont bother to play on server where they are unable to transfer items. This would mean people who actually want to start up a community can populate the nontransferring servers.

21 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

I only played PVP for a short duration back in mid 2015 so this could be just a horrible idea, but those of you who keep responding to peoples suggestions that tribes should have a limit to players that they'll just ally a ton... but what if alliances were limited to five or even three? I believe that could go a long way to balancing things even though i know this idea will be hated. But considering how many aspects of PVE have been ruined because of complianers who play PVP... i wont lose any sleep over it if they did that to break apart mega tribes. They should also impose dino caps on PVP like we have on PVE since wildcard has already clearly stated they didn't want to treat them differently when making excuses as to why PVE kept being crapped on with changes that only made sense for PVP.

Back in 2015 we didn't have alliances yet we successfully teamed up with many tribes against other tribes. We just had to attack in waves in order to prevent collateral damage.

6 hours ago, BulletForce said:

Where are you I bet a lot would love to play with you :)

2 hours ago, PrimalBeast said:

I agree with you 1000% I think what the DEVS need to do is revert to NON-TRANSFERRING. It might not solve everything but atleast ALPHAS can't go from server to server causing HAVOC. Also a max of 10 player per tribe should be in place. If someone do harm to your base or tame you can bet they are on your server. At this current stage someone raid you kill all your tames and you have no clue who they are or where they are from. Disable transferring or create 2 set of servers. Half with transfer enable the other half with transfer disable. I can be you all the Trolls and Power hungry players will go to the Servers with transfer enable. Which leave the players who want to enjoy the game as a community on the servers with transfer disable.

Did you even play before the transfer was enabled? Imagine that alphas can't fight each other, so they're stuck bore din dead servers wiping everyone in a thatch hut. 

10 players per tribe? Pah! I'm in a small tribe and we're almost there. Also, alliances. 

I can't even... Do you even know this game? 

If There was no Transfer then Bad Alphas will allways rule the same Server .... now There is the Change to prepare somewhere Else and take them down ... before Transfer There was no Way to do that. 

Also now more Alphas want ppl to play on There the Server so it wont become a "Ghost Server". 

So its not the System that makes the Problem it is the People like allways . There are still alot Alphas out There who wants new Trusty Tribes on the Server to make the Server Safer for the threat Coming from other Servers .

And also Sure if they Added something to Track raiders down from what Server they come it would make it easier. And less would go for it. But no Transfer means ppl get bored on There Server ... so eather it will become a pve Server where everyone Loves each other or it will be like that the Alpha Kills every Tribe who wants to join because they are bored and then nobody can Stop them 

10 ppl per Tribe ? Have Fun getting them all online at the same Time to do Bosses ... And even 10 are more then enough pll to become Alpha and destroy everyone that is in the beginning of Building (without transfer) if they allready have a Good Base and Dinos they can also be only 5 and make Sure nobody will join Server and get prepared with war stuff .

Besides ... I dont know if i Noticed... There are less megatribes .... they destroy each other or get wiped by devs... Search for a Server that wants good ppl to fight the threat from outside . We allways Love them.

Someone say Ark is life ? U ever Seen a fair war in life ? 

Hate to be one of those go to PVE if you cant handle PVP guys, but its true.

You have 3 choices in pvp

Join an alpha or alpha affiliate 

Build/play extremely stealthily 

Find a chill server with a friendly alpha

The third one seems to be extremely rare and generally alphas wont let people join willy nilly, so the best bet is to build small and stay hidden.

Archived