Ragnarok deep sea lootcrate experience

szabiferi

This is the second base, same server, Ragnarok map.  About 2 weeks after starting out on The Center, they switched to Ragnarok.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/331442287815032834/344158895419293699/20170622005338_1.jpg

Present base.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/331442287815032834/344159523470180353/20170731053606_1.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/331442287815032834/344159525416337410/20170731054116_1.jpg

first two bases on a server without S+.  Present one with, and with the Keep mod.  All pictures show the bases near completion.  I did not get final pictures of the first two, and the present one is about 80% complete.

Of the 8 Wyverns, 2 are my friends, 1 the egg was given to me, and the other 5, I got the eggs myself.  All high level, all hatched by me and fully imprinted to me.  I am now at level 100.

This is our Port Facility.  My Tribe is not very active, but one of the guys built this facility, and I put a greenhouse there, fully irrigated, and 300% Greenhouse effect.  I have basically done the majority myself, and because they are not active, I have been keeping four bases up, and found time to put hundreds of torches in the lightless cave, with color codes on some of the torches.

The point I am getting at is that I think I am doing pretty good for only having about 4 months into the game.  But there are a lot of things to learn.   What I do know is that I can use the GPS while flying or riding land creatures, but the water creatures, I have not figured out how to use the GPS while actually moving. 

All I know is that I was all over the map, in the ocean, north and west of Pirates Bay.  I was all over the lower depths, even taking my Meg along the bottom, skimming around a lot.  Never saw one single loot crate.  Not one.  So something seems wrong.

[edit] I will use that trick to bring the GPS back up, and go directly to some of those locations on the map.  I had already had them written down, but hard to get directly to them when you don't know how to bring the GPS up while moving.

On 7/8/2017 at 0:29 AM, Bulldogfrag said:

Now that Rag has been out for a bit has anyone found supply drops in the water where transfers can be done??

Just an idea - can you transfer to the small island in the NE of the Ragnarok map - and use a whip to push your sea creatures back into the water?

There is a tiny bay and island with a beacon loot drop at 15.4, 81.7 (Scottish Highlands)

Another beacon crate that falls close to the water spawn at 21.7, 87.3 ( NE columnar basalt coast near cave entrance)

The water drops to deep water pretty quickly there, and you'd probably only have to use 3-4 whippings to move a stranded sea-dino.

Just an idea, I don't have any water rides yet! :P

8 hours ago, RedRavenHeng said:

Just an idea - can you transfer to the small island in the NE of the Ragnarok map - and use a whip to push your sea creatures back into the water?

There is a tiny bay and island with a beacon loot drop at 15.4, 81.7 (Scottish Highlands)

Another beacon crate that falls close to the water spawn at 21.7, 87.3 ( NE columnar basalt coast near cave entrance)

The water drops to deep water pretty quickly there, and you'd probably only have to use 3-4 whippings to move a stranded sea-dino.

Just an idea, I don't have any water rides yet! :P

Don't water tames die if they are put to the ground during transfering? (eg when you bring them TO ragna)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been crate-hunting every day for the past few weeks, at least once a day, on a speed-boosted manta and have yet to see more than two crates at a time. The resource map linked on the first page looks all over the place though. I know it's random but I've yet to find any crates that far down southwest and have identified maybe a dozen or so spawn points max, thus far

edit - based on the info below I decided to keep going after looting the first couple of crates and behold - there are indeed more than two spawned at any given time. Got 4 in one 15 minute run at the weekend. I was just giving up too early =)

I've gotten four in a row before in less than a 5 minute period, and recently got 3 in a row, so I'm certain the deep sea crate spawn mechanics don't match the island.  However, once you collect that big cache on server restart they seem to spawn one at a time, making it difficult to spot them with the sheer volume you have to contend with.  The mapmakers did a good job with a lot of the spawns being well hidden, but it's not without complications.  There's one spot west of the volcano that's so well hidden you have to dismount and swim to it on larger tames, and there's a spot in one of the basalt sinkholes that collides with a dunkleo rock and is unlootable until you farm it (but at least it's visible).

Archived