Ragnarok deep sea lootcrate experience

szabiferi

Im a great fan of lootcrate hunting, I regularly do it on The Center and the SE for sweet loot (dont like the island because of the narrow passages). 

Recently my tribe relocated to Ragnarok (hype hype :) ), and I plan to do lootcrate hunting there. 

1. I've found this map, and Im shocked on the number of possible locations. Is that real? https://ark.gamepedia.com/Explorer_Map_(Ragnarok)

2. Anyone have experience of the lootcrate spawn mechanic on RAgnarok? Is it the same as on Island/Center (2 lootcrates only, respawn is 25 minutes) or is it customizted like SE (4 lootcrates with faster respawn). 

I'm also happy to have some advices from Ragnarok experts. My plan is to run the crates with my trusty speedy tuso (500% speed)

1 hour ago, szabiferi said:

Im a great fan of lootcrate hunting, I regularly do it on The Center and the SE for sweet loot (dont like the island because of the narrow passages). 

Recently my tribe relocated to Ragnarok (hype hype :) ), and I plan to do lootcrate hunting there. 

1. I've found this map, and Im shocked on the number of possible locations. Is that real? https://ark.gamepedia.com/Explorer_Map_(Ragnarok)

2. Anyone have experience of the lootcrate spawn mechanic on RAgnarok? Is it the same as on Island/Center (2 lootcrates only, respawn is 25 minutes) or is it customizted like SE (4 lootcrates with faster respawn). 

I'm also happy to have some advices from Ragnarok experts. My plan is to run the crates with my trusty speedy tuso (500% speed)

We're you able to transfer water Dino's if so where

1 minute ago, szabiferi said:

I didnt think about it yet, worst case I have a spare TEK Transmitter for this purpose, best case if there are drops in the water I will use them as transfer point.

But good point, thanks for bringing this into my mind. 

No problem I'm playing on PS4 and I too like to do the loot crates and want to move permanent to Ragnarok when it launches but don't want to leave behind a 100% imprinted mosa. I've been asking in different places about spots to do transfers without much luck. I've done boss fights just not med dragon yet to do tek transmitter.

3 hours ago, Bulldogfrag said:

No problem I'm playing on PS4 and I too like to do the loot crates and want to move permanent to Ragnarok when it launches but don't want to leave behind a 100% imprinted mosa. I've been asking in different places about spots to do transfers without much luck. I've done boss fights just not med dragon yet to do tek transmitter.

Just asked my tribmate spending all of his time on Ragnarok atm, he said there are no drops in the water :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/06/2017 at 2:43 PM, szabiferi said:

Just asked my tribmate spending all of his time on Ragnarok atm, he said there are no drops in the water :(

I have been on Ragnarok on single player PC to check it out ahead of xbox release and i have found 1 deep sea loot crate only, didnt look around fully but it was some what near to an artifact in the ocean too.

On 03/07/2017 at 2:31 PM, Craigb276 said:

I have been on Ragnarok on single player PC to check it out ahead of xbox release and i have found 1 deep sea loot crate only, didnt look around fully but it was some what near to an artifact in the ocean too.

I can confirm that there are definitely deep sea loot caches on Ragnarok, I used the giant sea loot crate mod and the crystal water mod, and I've been able to locate crates spread all around the ocean. The explorer map located HERE is most likely correct with all the locations.

Only got to explore it for awhile  but rags got the coolest underwater details iv seen out of the three major maps with little neat things like 'whale falls' or I suppose they are mosa falls in this case, dont recall if it looked more like mosa bones ore leed bones. Sadly I play primarily on official old primitive, we dont even have access to thecenter let alone hope to see rag anytime soon xD

• 5 weeks later...

I spent the last 5 hours at the bottom of the Ocean, and I did not see one single loot crate.  If they are there, this game is fubar.  So many things about it are.  Let's talk about the immersion breaking game play.  Like...you have to dismount, to look at your GPS.  Really?  With as dark as it is, and the inability to see landmarks at a long distance, you NEED to be able to see those numbers change on the GPS while you are moving.  So why not allow the GPS to mount on the saddle in front of your face, if you are riding a Megaladon, as I was.   Second...undersea is not the same as on land, in a cave, etc....  Having the loot drops glow bright red when you are near, would help.  Everyone's video cards and monitors are not the same.

I know I traveled around a good bit of that ocean floor, and I did not see one single thing to give me the notion that there were any drops nearby.  I am not saying that you need to see a light from the surface, but if you are within a couple of hundred feet, you should see a small light, and within 100, more, and 50 feet away, the light should be easy to see.  After my experience, I don't even feel like trying again.  Too much wasted time.

On 7/7/2017 at 6:47 PM, fewcm said:

Not everyone has access to a tek transmitter yet, I'm still looking for a way to transfer my water dinos also.

Yesterday I got the info there are drops in the water, in the swampy area what can be used for transfering sea tames from/to ragna - at least some players on our server claimed they did it.  Take a look there...

I also found a drop on a little island, 2 steps from the water (near the shores of the volcano area), what might be ok to transfer fishes FROM the ragna... bringing them thriough this drop might be risky, as the drop is on the shore, not in tha water... but maybe a test with some thrash water tame could worth it...

5 hours ago, N7Shadow said:

I spent the last 5 hours at the bottom of the Ocean, and I did not see one single loot crate.  If they are there, this game is fubar.  So many things about it are.  Let's talk about the immersion breaking game play.  Like...you have to dismount, to look at your GPS.  Really?  With as dark as it is, and the inability to see landmarks at a long distance, you NEED to be able to see those numbers change on the GPS while you are moving.  So why not allow the GPS to mount on the saddle in front of your face, if you are riding a Megaladon, as I was.   Second...undersea is not the same as on land, in a cave, etc....  Having the loot drops glow bright red when you are near, would help.  Everyone's video cards and monitors are not the same.

I know I traveled around a good bit of that ocean floor, and I did not see one single thing to give me the notion that there were any drops nearby.  I am not saying that you need to see a light from the surface, but if you are within a couple of hundred feet, you should see a small light, and within 100, more, and 50 feet away, the light should be easy to see.  After my experience, I don't even feel like trying again.  Too much wasted time.

Say thanks to the nerf the did to the Scuba Goggles

7 hours ago, N7Shadow said:

You should have leaned years ago about how to use a GPS while riding an underwater creature.  Look it up

5 hours ago, lammaer555 said:

Yesterday I got the info there are drops in the water, in the swampy area what can be used for transfering sea tames from/to ragna - at least some players on our server claimed they did it.  Take a look there...

I also found a drop on a little island, 2 steps from the water (near the shores of the volcano area), what might be ok to transfer fishes FROM the ragna... bringing them thriough this drop might be risky, as the drop is on the shore, not in tha water... but maybe a test with some thrash water tame could worth it...

Thanks for the info. I'll try to check that out. That is if they unscrew my server. 15 is all fubar the last time I logged on everyones dinos were gone and the structures belonged to no one and the setting was changed from pvp to pvp :/

3 hours ago, DeningWei said:

You should have leaned years ago about how to use a GPS while riding an underwater creature.  Look it up

I have not been playing for years.  I have been playing for about three months.  Yet, I have built 3 bases, and have finally settled on this server, where I have been taking it to the next level. 

This is the first base, on The Center Map.

20170616210845_1.jpg

Archived