The Spino needs some love

Kayin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On 20/06/2017 at 7:14 PM, Victor117 said:

Lol Lvl 75 spino isnt high lvl im over here hatching lvl 300 spinos... but yeah i agree they need an hp buff and possibly melee buff, they are supposed to have higher dps than a rex but in my experience thats not always the case (sometimes slightly higher and sometimes lower). Not to mention they are a harder tame than a rex and much rarer.

This server obviously has a lower difficulty setting and therefore lower levels. 

This is one of the biggest problems with the game. Big carnivores being crushed by smaller dinos. I've seen Rexes go down to a single Argentavis. It's often because they go on killing sprees picking a fight with everything they see, never resting to heal. Other times it's the turning radius. Big carnivores need a massive booth both in health and AI. No more stupid killing sprees. If a Rex sees a pack of trikes, he stays away. If a Rex wins a fight with a stego, he rests to heal, not attack immediately afterwards and get killed (unless a player attacks it). 

When I play single player, after a wipe I will go in god mode and spawn alphas all over the map. Alpha raptors can take on many stegos combined without even breaking a sweat. These dangerous carnivores will survive and make the map much more challenging.

11 minutes ago, DMT said:

Depends on the settings of his server.

On official a 74 would not spawn.

I played on one server where the max level dino was a 30.

The cap was around 20 or 30 two years ago when I started the game. It's been at 150 on Officials for a quite while now.

- Edit -

As for the spino itself, I would also love to see its health pool getting a substantial increase. However, I am not holding my breath on that happening anytime soon. If we simply look at the giga, it's been nerfed countless times (some nerfs were needed and justified, no debate there) but in it's current state, it's more of a glass canon than an actual tank. (2 alpha raptors chewing on your ankles are enough to raise its rage meter, how absurd is that?!?!)

Honestly, it's pretty clear that WC want the rex to be the uncontested king and it's been the case for 2 years now, why would it change suddently?

Just now, Darkholis said:

The cap was around 20 or 30 two years ago when I started the game. It's been at 150 on Officials for a quite while now.

Yes I know. I was playing on an unofficial that had the 30 max level. That was only the first day though and the server owner set things up so max level was 150 and did a dino wipe.

it would be kind of entertaining if somehow they figured out how to make the spino function like the griffin when in water like it could do super fast dives to gain speed and anything it attacks with that speed boost takes considerable damage due to the increased force of the attack cause well a ground pound clearly wouldnt work underwater.

On Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 0:15 AM, Moodaddy08 said:

Spinos are really just a trophy tame. They look cool as hell, but are pretty useless over all. It's sad really, I think they should have around 3/4 - 4/5 the strength that rexs have. Not quite as powerful as a rex but close. As is, they seem more like the ovis of large carnivores only not as useful lol.

If the game did them justice, they'd be stronger than gigas. Spinosaurus was the biggest dinosaur in existence.

Archived