Ark PvP In a Nutshell

Crows

When it all comes down to it, Ark PvP (mainly official) is all about who farmed the most resources, who has the most members/allies to flood servers and who has the most raised Gigas, etc. Also, who dupes the most and who can crash/ddos a server (not hard to do, unfortunately)

This is why most people are either quitting, or playing PvE or unofficial servers where the rates are more bearable, where you don't have to spend 12 days raising a Giga just for it to be casually killed in one night in a raid defense/stand off against the attacker's gigas and Yuty's. 

On official, there's no tribe member limit. It's not healthy at all. WC Keep making alternate servers where there's tribe limits, or no tames, but what about official? why not fix official? why does it have to be left as "Oh that's just official, anything goes there.. nothing needs changing or fixed (mechanics wise) but hey, check out our alternate servers!" 

I could go on and on but really, PvP in a nutshell. The huge zerg tribes will always win. They'll always dominate. They have too many resources, the best possible loot, all of the Tek they need, all of the mutated gigas, etc they need. Anybody lesser is just breakfast. 

• Volunteer Moderator

You are more then welcome to host your own server with your own rules. With a dedicated PS4. 

A lot of games in the genre stay away from too many rule sets. It's a sandbox game. 

Even if you limit tribe size take away alliance ppl will still find a way to alliance. 

9 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

You are more then welcome to host your own server with your own rules. With a dedicated PS4. 

A lot of games in the genre stay away from too many rule sets. It's a sandbox game. 

Even if you limit tribe size take away alliance ppl will still find a way to alliance. 

That's always the reply isn't it. "Oh, forget official, go and host your--" No. I'm talking about official being neglected, hence why everyone is leaving it and hosting their own or playing alternate servers. 

I'm not aiming this rant at you, but PvP servers shouldn't have the same damn rates as PvE. Official PvP servers should have increased rates for egg hatching, maturing/imprints. Even 1.5x (technically 3.5x) or 2.0x for gathering should be permanent for PvP servers, because it's all about getting to that position ASAP so that you can either jump right into the PvP action whether that's offensive or defensive. 

17 minutes ago, Crows said:

When it all comes down to it, Ark PvP (mainly official) is all about who farmed the most resources, who has the most members/allies to flood servers and who has the most raised Gigas, etc. Also, who dupes the most and who can crash/ddos a server (not hard to do, unfortunately)

This is why most people are either quitting, or playing PvE or unofficial servers where the rates are more bearable, where you don't have to spend 12 days raising a Giga just for it to be casually killed in one night in a raid defense/stand off against the attacker's gigas and Yuty's. 

On official, there's no tribe member limit. It's not healthy at all. WC Keep making alternate servers where there's tribe limits, or no tames, but what about official? why not fix official? why does it have to be left as "Oh that's just official, anything goes there.. nothing needs changing or fixed (mechanics wise) but hey, check out our alternate servers!" 

I could go on and on but really, PvP in a nutshell. The huge zerg tribes will always win. They'll always dominate. They have too many resources, the best possible loot, all of the Tek they need, all of the mutated gigas, etc they need. Anybody lesser is just breakfast. 

Ark pvp will be different after release. I think the game will change in a lot of ways

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Crows said:

That's always the reply isn't it. "Oh, forget official, go and host your--" No. I'm talking about official being neglected, hence why everyone is leaving it and hosting their own or playing alternate servers. 

I'm not aiming this rant at you, but PvP servers shouldn't have the same damn rates as PvE. Official PvP servers should have increased rates for egg hatching, maturing/imprints. Even 1.5x (technically 3.5x) or 2.0x for gathering should be permanent for PvP servers, because it's all about getting to that position ASAP so that you can either jump right into the PvP action whether that's offensive or defensive. 

this genre is all about grinding and teamwork. No rates should not be different I'm not getting into pvp vs pve.

You can play extinction servers they have increased rates. 

This game isn't meant to be easy. The larger tribes aren't always the winners of battles or servers. It's usually who has more players that grind and work together. 

You should of played on pc when it was only 1x and almost no double rates ever. We are actually spoiled now every weekend increased rates. 

but seriously don't try to make this pvp vs pve and they should be different it will just get into pointless arguements that get your thread closed. Wc wants them to be the same so no argueing with that.

9 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

this genre is all about grinding and teamwork. No rates should not be different I'm not getting into pvp vs pve.

This game isn't meant to be easy. The larger tribes aren't always the winners of battles or servers. It's usually who has more players that grind and work together. 

You should of played on pc when it was only 1x and almost no double rates ever. We are actually spoiled now every weekend increased rates. 

but seriously don't try to make this pvp vs pve and they should be different it will just get into pointless arguements that get your thread closed. Wc wants them to be the same so no argueing with that.

I acutally agree pvp where you can lose stuff faster all rates should be increased.

12 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

I understand you and I'm not trying to make it pvp vs pve. I'm saying that the way pvp is, the rates shouldn't be the same as pve because while Bob (pve guy) wants to raise a giga to do better meat runs, Joe (pvp guy) wants to raise a giga to either attack another tribe/base or use it to defend his own base.

Get the difference? it's huge, and yet the rates are kept the same...? you've got to be mental to continuously raise giga after giga in PvP just to stay competitive, or at least relevant in pvp. I'm using gigas as my main example, but this goes for anything that is very beneficial when raised. 

4 minutes ago, pkerjock said:

Official is awful with cross transfer. The fact 1 tribe can just fill a server and offline everyone/block spaces for people to get online really ruins PvP. The meta on ark now is just have 100 people and 200 gigas/brontos. No variation, nothing. PvP is more stale now than it was before bird/turtle nerf.

I agree

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Crows said:

I understand you and I'm not trying to make it pvp vs pve. I'm saying that the way pvp is, the rates shouldn't be the same as pve because while Bob (pve guy) wants to raise a giga to do better meat runs, Joe (pvp guy) wants to raise a giga to either attack another tribe/base or use it to defend his own base.

Get the difference? it's huge, and yet the rates are kept the same...? you've got to be mental to continuously raise giga after giga in PvP just to stay competitive, or at least relevant in pvp. I'm using gigas as my main example, but this goes for anything that is very beneficial when raised. 

I think you have to be mental to raise giga in the first place. Lol...

breeding is optional it's not supposed to be easy. 

just because guy a wants to take his giga out on pve to get meat doesn't mean his time raising said giga is anymore important or less important then the pve guys time. I.e. Using giga because u like to use it. Pvp and pve ppl time and energy is the same. Neither should get special treatment. You chose pvp because it's harder you like combat but you want higher rates because of the combat. Doesn't make sense for one mode to get special treatment over the other. 

Hence I will say again you want better rates u know what to do. 

Too late the game is already in the trash heap and they don't care at all. Over the last year they've made changes that most have disagreed on but they claim to have done for "the betterment of the game"

Guess what ? You ruined it wildcard. You made it too complex and too daunting for beginners , and too aggressively grindy and tedious between all the chores and jobs we have to do at any given time. This isn't a game it's a full time job unless you play in a mega tribe and even still, you can have 100 gigas in a cave like rush hour and still lose them all. Think of all the different exploits that are used even until this day. That's just part of the game and always will be because they won't wipe the servers. They are so hard headed it's beyond saddening , and after 160 days played I just can't do it anymore. Just the fact that I can look on crackerjacks list and see tribes that own 20+ SERVERS will tell you have bad the game has gotten. The power is systematically funneled to the top , like the food chain of life. And it's an exponential effect , one big tribe raids a bunch of smaller tribes and takes all their loot , then a bigger tribe raids them until they get raided too, with the loot being gained moving up and up to the highest tier tribes with the most players. It wouldn't surprise me to see a tribe with 100+ servers eventually and that right there tells you one thing. Little tribes /medium tribes/ even big tribes have no reason to play on official what so ever. A mega tribe will wipe them for no reason other than simply claiming territory; hundreds maybe thousands of hours invested down the drain. And eventually the mega tribe with be wiped by an even larger mega or an alliance of many tribes. Look on YouTube and tell me how many server wipe videos you see ? It's every single day that servers are being wiped and even the little 4 turret bases are wiped too; no mercy and no respect for the new players who might not even know what a mega tribe is. The players along with the developers have taken this game straight to the grave , and without any new players or smaller tribes or working economies the only thing you're left with is a huge stale meta filled with mega tribes trying to offline other mega tribes with all their vaults for of c4 and rockets they've gathered from everyone else at the bottom of the food chain. You can try to hide a base all the way on the west cliffs on the center map and I guarantee they would still find you because they literally have nothing better to do besides raid small bases that don't take any work to breach. 

So basically , you built a game that takes months to get to a decent level of defense and survivability then you are supposed to defend it from zerg tribes with dupes gear that aimbot and glitch under the mesh and use breeding glitches etc to rapidly make 100's of dinosaurs they store in fake allied tribes on all their servers they took over with all of the cheated stuff , then you tell everyone that you WONT wipe the official servers ? Yeah we are done with the game , it's one huge broken mess that's so one sided it's pathetic. I hope all the mega tribes have fun off lining each other and ddosing etc trying to take over the top spot; but guess what , it's a video game so stop wasting your life trying to be the best because it's just a matter of time until that offline you too and cap the server so you can't get in. Most ark players are: Paranoid , Selfish , Easily Angered , Deluded , and Hostile. That's your fault wildcard. 

Pvp should be different to Pve anyway as they are totally different ends of a gaming scale but that not the issue here and im sure a tired old subject.

the fact that that people can flood a server and either offline raid or just by sheer numbers wipe another server, is extremely annoying. the game is tailored for the more people in a tribe the better and while it makes sense and is logical surly a counter measure can somehow be established so that mega tribes cant simply flood anywhere they want and totally destroy tribes on other servers.

perhaps limits on what you can and cant upload or a cap on what you can upload... rather than barrage after barrage of tames and gear until eventually everything is gone. 

I enjoy pvp as much as the next man who enjoys it but it is rather silly and unbalanced when you see complete armies destroy servers on a whim.  

39 minutes ago, pkerjock said:

Official is awful with cross transfer. The fact 1 tribe can just fill a server and offline everyone/block spaces for people to get online really ruins PvP. The meta on ark now is just have 100 people and 200 gigas/brontos. No variation, nothing. PvP is more stale now than it was before bird/turtle nerf.

You hit the nail on the head.

Last night, our server went from 8 online to 57. A bored, well known mega tribe decided to wipe our alpha tribe while most members and allies were offline/asleep so we were heavily outnumbered. They flooded the server, put a tek transmitter right by the alpha's base and uploaded 10+ gigas, 5+ brontos, 3 Yutyrannus, Tek Rex's, Wyverns, asc gear & tek rifles, a Tek-armored motorboat with tons of turrets on it and managed to wipe their base and killed 180+ tames. (360+ if you include their allies who were built on the same island as them, as their tames died too.)

Cross transfers + Tek transmitter = GG. No skill required, just who has the most resources and members to flood a server then it's GG. 

7 minutes ago, Crows said:

You hit the nail on the head.

Last night, our server went from 8 online to 57. A bored, well known mega tribe decided to wipe our alpha tribe while most members and allies were offline/asleep so we were heavily outnumbered. They flooded the server, put a tek transmitter right by the alpha's base and uploaded 10+ gigas, 5+ brontos, 3 Yutyrannus, Tek Rex's, Wyverns, asc gear & tek rifles, a Tek-armored motorboat with tons of turrets on it and managed to wipe their base and killed 180+ tames. 

Cross transfers + Tek transmitter = GG. No skill required, just who has the most resources and members to flood a server then it's GG. 

100% agree

Cross Transfers has ruined official PVP, this feature needs to end on release.

Tribes should have a limit i agree.

28 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

Too late the game is already in the trash heap and they don't care at all. Over the last year they've made changes that most have disagreed on but they claim to have done for "the betterment of the game"

I agree on that one. Almost every update breaks the game even more. Everyone is always complaining and mentioning the issues with WC ideas but they just ignore the people that paid and funded their development and continue to push the game down hill. The paid DLC for an alpha was just hilarious. It was so bad and it seems like all that money did nothing to better the game. You're almost forced into joining a dedi server and most are just power abusing kids that spawn stuff in.

Ark can only be saved if they fully wipe the game and take out cross server transfers. Who will quit? The massive zergs that ruin servers? Oh no boohoo. 

Yeah state of pvp with cross ark is a joke they need to cluster servers asap. Have seen an interview where one of the devs said that now servers need to "band together" to defend the server but that is just an idiotic thing to say have you ever been on a pvp server? The only way to defend against cross ark raiding is to vault drop tower every drop and every obelisk but then every player in that server that does not have access to the tek transmitter is stuck. Cross ark transfer has heavily damaged pvp servers literally half the people I used to play with were wiped from cross ark mega tribes wiping them. Any alpha tribes out there reading this, vault tower every drop and obelisk on the map or someday very soon you will have a mega tribe running rampage on the server, just note any vault above 27 walls high will vanish when it drops.

29 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

Of course, but the difference between a tamed Giga and a Raised & imprinted giga is HUGE. It's unbelievably different. My 145 tamed giga had 180 melee, 18k health. Raised giga is 81% imprinted, 30-31k health and almost 300 melee (still low on XP) and each melee point is a massive difference. But that's a giga problem, another issue.

In my opinion, If they ever did increase raising rates, it should only be for certain dinos like Gigas, Quetz, Wyverns, Rex's and other dinos that have a long raising time and not turtles, Brontos, Pteras, Argys, Thylos, etc- they're already quick to raise on the current official rates. I haven't really thought any of this through, but I know something has to change eventually... 

Even it's not a raising/imprinting change, something needs to be done to transferring limits or something, because... when you witness the true state of PvP on a competitive/end-game type side, you'll be shocked at how ridiculous it actually is. xD

44 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

Maybe for a little PvE player for their roleplay castle. For actual PvP servers, it's not optional. It's basically a must. Any 150/227 dino will get destroyed by a 230 bred from 2 150s. If you're a PvP player and you're not breeding and fully imprinting, you won't stand a chance.

any game in which you gather resources to fight ends up being a "he who farms more probably wins". but there are always situations that let you turn fights around. The number of fab sniper rifles I have acquired using a primitive club? let's just say it's not small ... if you can't farm like them. Then learn how to steal their hard work and use it against them, the last defense I was in I started naked and ended up with 95 c4 which allowed us to push their FOB and ultimately stop the attack.

They'll be back for sure, but even though they have unlimited resources compared to us ... if they keep giving those resources to us we have a fighting chance. PvP is pretty unbalanced, but far too many people give up before the fight is actually done.

I'd really like to see some suggestions. I mean, what's the alternative?

Without cross servers, an alpha tribe is going to emerge and put the entire server on lock because they can. Raid new players in their thatch huts, tell people what they can and can't tame, tell them where they can and can't build (justified when trying to prevent resource blocking, though), etc. With cross servers, alpha tribes get paranoid and wipe every newcomer they come across for fear of them being spies and whatnot. How does WC balance for people being people? They could try to mitigate how much of a douche people can be, but that's only going to do so much. They'll still find a way, and it'll have been a waste of time and resources. 

Don't get me wrong; I'm not a fan of ARK PvP, either. Like everyone's said, it's a numbers game without much in the way of skill being needed. Not to mention the meta is so shallow. The Yutyrannus and Daeodon gave it some new breath, but it's still mainly Offline/Rex/Giga/Bronto/Turtle/Flyer. But that's another issue altogether. How can you balance against numbers? I don't care how good of a fighter Bruce Lee was, had he been jumped by 100+ people, he'd have taken a beating. Artificially limit Alliances? People will just create unofficial alliances. Prevent veterans from attacking new players? They'll abuse that and have alternate 'new' accounts horde their weapons and whatever else in their thatch huts. Which will probably cause actual new players in their thatch huts to have tons of things kited to their bases all the time. 

If someone's got a 100% bonafide method to make some safe haven for new players on Officials without it being exploitable or feeling artificial, then we need to hear it, because it needs to get to WC ASAP. This isn't an attack on anyone, but it's frustrating for everyone to propose change, but have no answer when all the cards are down. 

Archived