Equus breeding dream realized - Rag!

ChilliBean

Just wanted to post here to thank the devs for making Ragnarok an official map. It took my many long hours and a few mistakes but I finally have a breeding pair of 224 equus. Without the highlands spawns that would not have been possible.  

Ever since the equus were released I have wanted to breed them but no official map had enough spawns to make that a dream that a single person in a solo tribe could realize. Now that I have my pony pair I just need time off from work to start breeding. 

Just an FYI if anyone is looking to buy an equus, at some point I will have some to sell. Will be on pve servers of course. I really want to start a line of pink horses because everyone deserves to have a pinkie pie in their base to keep their tames happy.

Should add a picture of the happy couple but already shut down computer. Maybe tonight before work. 

So as promised here are the 3 breeders. 2 males 1 female. Studmuffin is high on hp and stamina and Nightshade is high on melee and weight.  Tifa is the highest on food and melee. Something I didn't know about when I tamed and named her. Still, Tifa did have quite a melee attack in FF7, and she was no lightweight in other areas either, so the name fits. Its a bit dark because it was early morning and I live at the edge of the forest. Will clear more trees and build a stable and activity area soon.

FB8F7F69360BAEA7255AE0AFFD7F2F860F52FDBD

2 hours ago, ChilliBean said:

So as promised here are the 3 breeders. 2 males 1 female. Studmuffin is high on hp and stamina and Nightshade is high on melee and weight.  Tifa is the highest on food and melee. Something I didn't know about when I tamed and named her. Still, Tifa did have quite a melee attack in FF7, and she was no lightweight in other areas either, so the name fits. Its a bit dark because it was early morning and I live at the edge of the forest. Will clear more trees and build a stable and activity area soon.

FB8F7F69360BAEA7255AE0AFFD7F2F860F52FDBD

I've been looking for an Equus breeder who does mutes. When you get the chance could you let me know what kind of price range you'll be selling at? My ARK name on TheIsland 144, The Center 454 and Rag 39 is nevaehruo.

It depends on how long it takes to get pinks. The chance is so low and the process so long, 3 days for 1 filly or colt, this batch may be erased from history on release depending on which way the wind blows off the volcano. I might make a progress thread in the breeding forum so as not to get yelled at by the moderators. 

Edit: paint jobs are cheating. I want real pink horses, not ones that taste funny when you lick them.

On 6/20/2017 at 11:43 AM, ChilliBean said:

It depends on how long it takes to get pinks. The chance is so low and the process so long, 3 days for 1 filly or colt, this batch may be erased from history on release depending on which way the wind blows off the volcano. I might make a progress thread in the breeding forum so as not to get yelled at by the moderators. 

Edit: paint jobs are cheating. I want real pink horses, not ones that taste funny when you lick them.

I'm still an early bird so I won't see those progress updates.

I never had that issue. In fact when nightshade ran into a base the owner let me stay,and even let me back in the gate when nightshade got out the same hole he got in. Safe tame. 

I also helped another player tame a 145 by landing my ptera on top of it so it couldn't run off the cliff. Maybe I just had good luck with friendly people. 

It is possible to kill something not yet tamed but that's just a xxxx move. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2017 at 11:43 AM, ChilliBean said:

How's the progress going for your Pink Equus?

This thread was from June, but since I didn't necro it I guess I don't mind replying.  The only progress so far has been level 224 to level 244 on babies. Only had one mutation and it didn't come with a color.

I do however have 4 equus spare that didn't make it into the breeding program. I have a newish thread about them on the breeding forum.

Archived