Mosa Breeding Stat Mystery

Pilate72

Warning - nerdy math post!

We've been breeding mosas for a few weeks now on Official PVE. I was excited to get started - thinking about the potential of a fully imprinted mosa with good stats - and I entered all of our tamed mosas into Smart Breeding.  

Typically when land dinos are bred, it is easy to predict the level range in which they will be born based on the stats of the parents. I haven't found this to be the case with mosas or any other dino without an oxygen stat. Smart Breeding does not allot stats to either oxygen or movement speed when a water dino is entered.

Say a tamed mosa has a total of 170 points in health, food, stamina, weight, and damage.  Its base level after tame is 224. Where do those extra 54 points go?

Perhaps they went into a "hidden" stat category - let's assume that they went into oxy and movement speed. That would be easy to track - simply subtract the visible stat sum from the base level and you have your hidden number. Offspring would simply inherit that hidden number from either parent. Right?

Wrong! After tracking the first generation of offspring, I found this not to be the case. I have mosas born 206 to 241 who have entirely different "hidden" stat sums than their parents. In fact, only 1 out of 7 babies had a stat sum matching one of its parents. You can see this illustrated here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_628U4ugVeb2ccp796gEKpUOidopYaPtAUcWAcaVzyA/edit?usp=sharing

After sorting this all out, I'm ready to conclude that the extra level value given is a randomly generated number. Do you agree?

9 hours ago, Sup3riorArs3nal said:

Different splits on the hidden oxy and movement?

For example if Baby had 23-23 but if Magnus had 32-29 you could get a 32-23 split on their baby Minnie, IE its 45 wasted.

This has got to be it. I was stuck on the idea that it would need to be an even distribution, but this is obviously not the case.  There's really no way to figure out what these values are until I get multiple offspring from the same pair.

Thanks for your response!

Archived