Suggestions to building locations

5 hours ago, DragonWarlord1987 said:

Your taking about where the sandy beaches meet the snow where that one big rock is?

What about The Center map?

Centre has loads of spots depending on what you want, penguin palace,  the plateau on red, top of centre, there is some nice raised flat prices of land in the Jungles, the island between north snow and lava, the back cove at blue ob, the tundra around Green, and my personal fav the big rock island next to Skull, short flight to everything but Lava and you can make some interesting raised platforms to the rock ledge 

Also, if you want something pretty and isolated, the old edge of the map waterfall at redwoods has a ramp leading down to it which has a pretty large totally flat part at the waters edge, where you can place foundations around 30 wide and 25 deep with no incline whatsoever, and the waterfall next to it makes for a pretty impressive sight 

9 hours ago, Flaminraptors said:

Centre has loads of spots depending on what you want, penguin palace,  the plateau on red, top of centre, there is some nice raised flat prices of land in the Jungles, the island between north snow and lava, the back cove at blue ob, the tundra around Green, and my personal fav the big rock island next to Skull, short flight to everything but Lava and you can make some interesting raised platforms to the rock ledge 

Also, if you want something pretty and isolated, the old edge of the map waterfall at redwoods has a ramp leading down to it which has a pretty large totally flat part at the waters edge, where you can place foundations around 30 wide and 25 deep with no incline whatsoever, and the waterfall next to it makes for a pretty impressive sight 

600px-FinalTheCenter_new.jpg

Well cause I am kinda wanting to build something that is pretty big and build some cool structures. Like extravagant castles and breeding barn, and dino landing pad. Cause I am building just north of North Mountain currently.

1 minute ago, Arkasaurio said:

@DragonWarlord1987 What game mode are you playing in (PvP, PvE, single player)? Based on the way you asked the question I'm guessing PvE or single player, but good base locations change quite a bit depending on the type of ark you're playing on.

@Arkasaurio No it is on my dedicated server, which is currently located on the Center Map, but I am planning on rotating to The Island Map here soon. But my server is PvPvE and I am an admin so no one will be attacking my base if they know what is good for them. Lol, just thinking of building like a small city for like trading out posts and stuff like that.

1 hour ago, DragonWarlord1987 said:

Where is the Weathertop? Never heard of that one before. Or are you talking about on the Island?

Yes it's for the Island (since it sounded like you were planning on changing maps). If you look above @WolfeUK 's map it's the W by the F toward the lower left.

On the last unofficial I dabbled on the admins had build the server community center there, for trade, jousting, and other events

18 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

Yes it's for the Island (since it sounded like you were planning on changing maps). If you look above @WolfeUK 's map it's the W by the F toward the lower left.

On the last unofficial I dabbled on the admins had build the server community center there, for trade, jousting, and other events

Yeah, I am going to be changing the maps, from the Center Map to the Island Map and switching to Primitive Plus. Because that is what everyone has voted on inside my server's club. An I know two of my Admins build on Western Plains Beach front near where the sand meets the snow.

4 hours ago, DragonWarlord1987 said:

600px-FinalTheCenter_new.jpg

Well cause I am kinda wanting to build something that is pretty big and build some cool structures. Like extravagant castles and breeding barn, and dino landing pad. Cause I am building just north of North Mountain currently.

Personally, for a big uninviting castle I'd use the plateau at red, it's just to the north west of the actual obelisk and another massive expanse,  a tribe on my official PvP server has an enormous base at that location and it's the most inhospitable part of the map imo(just off giga spawn, only carnivores spawn there, surrounded by lava) I've also seem some pretty epic builds there on unofficial 

17 minutes ago, Flaminraptors said:

Personally, for a big uninviting castle I'd use the plateau at red, it's just to the north west of the actual obelisk and another massive expanse,  a tribe on my official PvP server has an enormous base at that location and it's the most inhospitable part of the map imo(just off giga spawn, only carnivores spawn there, surrounded by lava) I've also seem some pretty epic builds there on unofficial 

I think I know where you're talking about, I have checked out that particular area. And I have seen some good builds there but not last very long against the dinos there. However I will check that out asap!

3 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

On the island map, on that map that was posted around the EF marker is the flattest spot on the map. Southeast of green ob is a tiered plateau, and the top is flat enough for like a 20x15 foundation, maybe more

Appreciate it, I will take a look at all the locations that have been offered.

At the risk of taking your thread slightly off topic, I would highly advise taking a long and careful look at the new Ragnarok map.  

It is painstakingly laid out, with each area naturally leading you on to the next in clever ways... and has more gorgeous and interesting build locations than I have seen on any map to date.  I'm not easily impressed, but the word breathtaking has come to mind more than once while exploring it over the last two days.

I'm afraid I don't have any good suggestions for you on the Center map, but I've alway though that the Hidden Lake area on the Island map would be a good choice for a neutral trade city... although it's not very centrally located.  If that's a factor a treetop trade complex in the Redwoods, with interconnected platforms would be an interesting and fairly centrally located spot to consider.

2 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

At the risk of taking your thread slightly off topic, I would highly advise taking a long and careful look at the new Ragnarok map.  

It is painstakingly laid out, with each area naturally leading you on to the next in clever ways... and has more gorgeous and interesting build locations than I have seen on any map to date.  I'm not easily impressed, but the word breathtaking has come to mind more than once while exploring it over the last two days.

I'm afraid I don't have any good suggestions for you on the Center map, but I've alway though that the Hidden Lake area on the Island map would be a good choice for a neutral trade city... although it's not very centrally located.  If that's a factor a treetop trade complex in the Redwoods, with interconnected platforms would be an interesting and fairly centrally located spot to consider.

Hahaha, I was just thinking and posting about that awesomeness map that just dropped, however my PC can't support that awesome map at the moment.

The centre jungle south,  the very West side opposite the floating island on the edge of the swamp,  there is a huge flat area that is pretty well defended with cliffs either side and only two ways up,  you could easily get 35x35 foundations down probably more, it's close to everything and pretty much in the centre of the map. 

Archived