Singleplayer or Multiplayer

1 minute ago, perk8504 said:

do you like playing with other people?

Really the main question plus if you are planning on breeding? It's actually nice to be able to leave something maturing while away and come back to it finished versus on single player when you log off game time stops.. 

Multiplayer is nice so you can trade for things when you need them but on single you can just spawn stuff in. Guess thats a toss up. Single player you can build wherever you please but multiplayer you may have to be patient for a timer to expire or settle with a different location. For me that is only real problem with Multiplayer.

Singleplayer is where I like to practice new builds or something where I don't exactly like the risk/time sink in multiplayer. I can control everything in single player and if something goes wrong no big deal.

38 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

Really the main question plus if you are planning on breeding? It's actually nice to be able to leave something maturing while away and come back to it finished versus on single player when you log off game time stops.. 

Multiplayer is nice so you can trade for things when you need them but on single you can just spawn stuff in. Guess thats a toss up. Single player you can build wherever you please but multiplayer you may have to be patient for a timer to expire or settle with a different location. For me that is only real problem with Multiplayer.

Singleplayer is where I like to practice new builds or something where I don't exactly like the risk/time sink in multiplayer. I can control everything in single player and if something goes wrong no big deal.

even the breeding, in single player you can adjust the timers so that them maturing while you're offline isn't an issue, and can actually be a lot better that way since you don't have to worry about them starving to death because you had to work late

• Volunteer Moderator

its really up to you if you like trading ppl and interaction play pve. If you prefer a static world with just you then single player. I have a world in single player just for testing other then that it's boring ark is meant to be a shared experience imo. Nothing against ppl that play single player but it ain't for me.

also no reason you can't do both.

4 minutes ago, perk8504 said:

even the breeding, in single player you can adjust the timers so that them maturing while you're offline isn't an issue, and can actually be a lot better that way since you don't have to worry about them starving to death because you had to work late

oooo good point, touche sir! I knew that.. It's almost lunch and I am hungry the brain is on strike..

Getting started yes... I would say you just need to be like my personal hero LEEROY JENKINS and run in and check stuff out. Build small for first week and don't get too attached. If there aren't any good build spots or there are a lot of toxic people in that server jump ship to a different one. Play at some different times if possible to see who is on at what times and if you see a bunch of people kiting, talking about kitting.. well know that it will probably happen to you if you even accidently step on someone's toes. Kinda what I do at least and works pretty well.

Archived