Bionic Giga Skin

AngelusSs

3 minutes ago, Zederia said:

the bionic giga skin is NOT in the game, the base game doesn't have it AT ALL. no way to unlock it

Are you sure? It was recently updated on the wiki and says "The Bionic Giga Skin is given to the player as a reward for winning 200 ranked games in SotF, along with other new rewards"

I've never seen it in game yet, but if it was recently added that might explain it

36 minutes ago, Arcten said:

Are you sure? It was recently updated on the wiki and says "The Bionic Giga Skin is given to the player as a reward for winning 200 ranked games in SotF, along with other new rewards"

I've never seen it in game yet, but if it was recently added that might explain it

The information exists since they released SotF.

They probably gonna change the Giga skin anyway since noone is really able to get that many wins with the current playerbase.

look in the files, it's not there. the stomping-land ones have been since launch

-a----        5/30/2017   4:32 AM           6544 PrimalItemArmor_YutySaddle.uasset
-a----         2/3/2017   5:35 PM           4632 PrimalItemCostume_BoneCarno.uasset
-a----         2/3/2017   5:35 PM           4681 PrimalItemCostume_BoneGigant.uasset
-a----         2/3/2017   5:36 PM           4682 PrimalItemCostume_BoneJerboa.uasset
-a----         2/3/2017   5:36 PM           4683 PrimalItemCostume_BoneQuetz.uasset
-a----         2/3/2017   5:35 PM           4646 PrimalItemCostume_BoneRaptor.uasset
-a----         2/3/2017   5:36 PM           4607 PrimalItemCostume_BoneRex.uasset
-a----         2/3/2017   5:35 PM           4648 PrimalItemCostume_BoneSauro.uasset
-a----         2/3/2017   5:35 PM           4632 PrimalItemCostume_BoneStego.uasset
-a----         2/3/2017   5:36 PM           4632 PrimalItemCostume_BoneTrike.uasset
-a----         2/3/2017   5:35 PM           4639 PrimalItemCostume_BoneWyvern.uasset
-a----         5/5/2017   8:21 PM           4983 PrimalItemCostume_ProcopBunny.uasset
-a----         2/3/2017   5:36 PM           5047 PrimalItemCostume_ReindeerStag.uasset
-a----        11/8/2016  12:29 AM          88351 PteraSaddle_Icon.uasset

3 hours ago, Zederia said:

you're such an idiot.. there's mods I can be a pony from My Little pony too, your point? This was a discussion based on official servers, not mods

2 hours ago, Zederia said:

then we realize that the topic is about PC, and feel dumb

When you realize all you do is put people down because you have nothing better to do.

I cannot speak for PS4 as I don't own it. I play on PC only. There is no way to get the official BIonic Giga Skin (I have never seen a mod neither, though one could modded in I guess).

It was never actually introduced. I vaguely recall someone raging for not having the skin, or maybe they learned they couldn't get it and was instead made as a PS4 timed exclusive, either this person had the 200 wins or was pretty far along. I just can't recall the whole story, I avoided SotF as much as I could.

Also, Survival of the Fittest is on stasis/shutdown for now, not sure if it will ever come back. I never liked that mode myself, too restrictive and too e-sports for my tastes.

The Ark gamepedia is not updated (everything there should be taken into careful consideration, though the database is pretty good most of the time), though I certainly hope the bionic Rex, Giga and other bionics are introduced, but not as a skin... Bionic Dinos could be a thing, even for a future expansion. Heck they could run on element. I certainly would not mind, after release of Ark Prime (main game), if one of the 2 upcoming official expansions (like Scorched Earth) is about bionic/transformer like place, with animals being build instead of tamed and retaining their robotic self. I could almost see one running out of element and shutting down, lights off and all. Then rebooting it with additional element... if the other tribe hasn't hack it first by then. 

Just some crazy ideas, that could work. I play on dedicated only, so more options is more fun and stuff to do for our tribes. Aside from the usual.

Cheers!

Archived