Do wyverns need milk immediately?

LitePenguins

I was incubating our new wvyerns, and went to do something forgetting to put away the eggs... needless to say they hatched.

I'm too busy to get milk right now, do they need milk the moment you imprint? Will they starve if I don't imprint and not give them milk? As there is no way to give them milk without imprinting I think... there is only an option to imprint!

Will my wyverns starve? Thanks guys!

That depends. When they hatch their food bar is partially filled so you have time to aquire milk. The higher lvl baby the more bar is filled. As for imprints they require only: milk, walk and cuddle so you need to feed them milk if they dont want it when requesting care. Yes you can feed them milk without imprint, just put it in their inventory and force feed for example.

2 minutes ago, Dracian said:

That depends. When they hatch their food bar is partially filled so you have time to aquire milk. The higher lvl baby the more bar is filled. As for imprints they require only: milk, walk and cuddle so you need to feed them milk if they dont want it when requesting care. Yes you can feed them milk without imprint, just put it in their inventory and force feed for example.

How much time? I have a level 12 and a level 79. There is only an option to imprint, and nothing happens when I press  F to get into it's inventory to force feed.

1 minute ago, LitePenguins said:

How much time? I have a level 12 and a level 79. There is only an option to imprint, and nothing happens when I press  F to get into it's inventory to force feed.

Because you need to imprint it first I think. Put milk in last inventory slot and press E if it wants milk, or take it on walk, etc.

Also keep in mind that the higher the level, the easier the baby is to raise. A high level hatches with several hours worth of food already on it, and if you hatch it in the morning, it can just about last through the night by the time you go to bed. It's a win-win all the way through.
(E: time estimates are based on the standard 150 max wild level, I think you may be running some slightly different settings with those levels?)

15 hours ago, LitePenguins said:

I was incubating our new wvyerns, and went to do something forgetting to put away the eggs... needless to say they hatched.

I'm too busy to get milk right now, do they need milk the moment you imprint? Will they starve if I don't imprint and not give them milk? As there is no way to give them milk without imprinting I think... there is only an option to imprint!

Depending on the lvl they can last longer then a lower level

On 16 June 2017 at 1:33 PM, szabiferi said:

In my experience, all kind and level of wyverns surely survive without milk until the FIRST imprinting period (thats 3 hours after hatching). AFter that youtmileage may vary, but its not like other animals what immediately require meat/berries.

I found a lvl 6 lightning the other day. On official PVP, a tad confused as it was lvl 6 I hatched it anyway just to see if it was actually lvl 6. It didn't last 2 hours, let alone 4 till imprint.

They consume 360 food an hour and milk refills 1200 food btw. Very useful members to know, and for some reason a lot of people still don't know what Google is.

On 6/16/2017 at 7:33 PM, Saupe said:

I found a lvl 6 lightning the other day. On official PVP, a tad confused as it was lvl 6 I hatched it anyway just to see if it was actually lvl 6. It didn't last 2 hours, let alone 4 till imprint.

They consume 320 food an hour and milk refills 1200 food btw. Very useful members to know, and for some reason a lot of people still don't know what Google is.

Well... never bothered a level 6, I dont think it worth the effor to raise that thrash :)

But in therms of precision you are right... and thanks for the numbers.

On 6/15/2017 at 5:05 PM, LitePenguins said:

There is a formula (which may be outdated post "today's" patch) that gives you time till your wyvern begins to starve. Current food/360. Whatever your calculations throw back is the number of HOURS. This is a rough guess btw, always be prepared just in case of ARK shenanigans. 

FYI you can "cheat" the system by using a pig to heal baby if you don't have milk, but be prepared to waste a metric ton of meat. Just worked today pre-patch. I would recommend to only use this exploit in case of emergencies.

hope this helps

• 3 months later...

Archived