What did you do today?

Cymas

The non-Ark version of a popular discussion thread.

I don't have anything to report because I haven't done anything yet, lol. It's midmorning and I'm getting ready for work. This week sure has gone by fast, I can't believe it's Thursday already.

I'm up pretty early most days--usually between 5-6 a.m. even though I don't have to be in at work until 10. I am not a morning person at all, but I absolutely hate rushing. I give myself plenty of time to wake up, shower, have my coffee and breakfast and a little bit of time to myself. I do feel this makes me much more relaxed at my job because I don't start out stressed before I even get out my own door. My job is a high stress environment, being able to stay calm makes such a huge difference.

How about you?

I was just like you at my last job. I didn't have to be at work until 10 but I'd still get up at 6 to go for a run and do anything I could to relax, I'd get there an hour earlier than I was supposed to so I could prep the store because of how anxious I was.  At my job now I get there at 7:30ish Monday-Friday but it's so much less stressful; the mornings there are even relaxing themselves.  If it's what you want I hope you find a job you won't be so stressed at.

The most notable non-Ark related thing I'll likely do today is have lunch with my dad.  We do so every Thursday.  He'll probably give the waitress a hard time (they like him there) and try to embarrass me.

I'm kind of in the same boat. My alarm goes at 5am and I leave home at around 6:15. 

Yesterday wasn't much of a productive day. Brought the rental car back to the dealership at 7am and had a colleague pick my me up and get me to the workshop. 

I'm a carpenter. 

I finished the door that I've worked on the last day and started a new project, a desk for one of our long-term customers. 

It's more about thinking of how you build something, rather than picking the materials and get at it straight away. Dependent on the size of what I build, I've about 30 minutes to 2 hours only make up my mind on how to actually start. 

The customers do have a vision in mind on how they want their 'thing' to look like, but given that I'm in this job for about 15 years, I often have to tell them the limitations that I can't stretch to their liking. 

Long story short, had lunch at 1pm and made my way back home at 4pm. Had a shower and fired up Ark. Everything past that goes into the other thread. 

---

I should post some pictures here to better reflect what I actually do. 

My alarm sounds at 7:15 and I'm out of the house at 8:00. That includes getting 2 children ready for school. I hate getting up early. It doesn't feel stressfull tho. Everything is prepared (lunch in the fridge, clothes already chosen, ...). I just have to give the children breakfast and give them their school things. Then drop them off at school and go to work. I admit I eat a sandwich in my car.

I did come a long way already. I can start at work till 10 am, and I used to be the one who came rushing in every morning at 9:55 (because I slept till 9:30). Then I got pregnant (twice), what a struggle it was for me to get up earlier every day after crappy nights. Now the kids are 5 en 7yrs and they get themselves ready. But I've learned the value of getting up early, which means coming home early. No rushing in the evening with homework or making dinner etc. My ark evening usually begins around 19:30. I go to bed around 23:00.

Saturday I went fishing with my Dad.. And by fishing I mean we spent two hours trying to find the spot his friend told him about, getting drenched in the on-again/off-again rain showers, getting both feet stuck in a pile of mud that looked like a rock, and getting bacon when I ordered sausage only realizing it after eating all of it.

It was hilarious, wouldn't want it any other way.

Here we go. 

It's made entirely of pinewood. The frame is out of relatively new wood, though the tabletop is made from ~50y/o driftwood. 

Brushed with circular brassbrush for a power drill. That is for the grain to be more visible and palpable. Then painted four time with clear coat that's actually for boats. The frame isn't anything special, it's coated twice in semi-transparent white. 

Edit/ seems I can't upload anything

http://tinypic.com/r/15ekd54/9

http://tinypic.com/r/1679fef/9

Well, I've had a fairly turbulent week or so. My uncle passed away very suddenly on the 16th. My grandmother is still making the final arrangements, the service will probably be at the end of this week. Lots of turmoil infinitely complicated by his lack of a will.

I also came to the realization that I am intensely attracted to one of my drivers. As a dispatcher this is a problem. It's not like I was actively seeking anyone out either, it just kinda happened. I've been getting the feeling it's not entirely a one-sided interest, either. My plan on Friday was to ask him out, since that's my best chance to speak to him privately. The depot is a very busy place with over ~100 drivers, warehouse workers and office staff coming and going on a daily basis, so as you can imagine it's not easy to find a quiet moment.

Everything was perfect...except for the morning dispatcher who randomly decided to stay an extra 4 hours past the end of his shift and totally destroy my perfect opportunity. He's the only other dispatcher in my department and his desk is right behind mine. I was so upset; I have never wanted to punch anyone in my life as much as I wanted to knock that guy out right then. Pretty sure my crush picked up on how frustrated I was; he did give me an extra little wave on his way out. So cute. He still had one more delivery to make on his way home so I didn't want to stall him.

Sigh.

Basically just doing whatever I can to distract myself over the weekend. Went shopping yesterday. I hate shopping but I need things. Today I'll probably be doing some extra cleaning and if I feel up to it, some baking. I've been trying to make something to bring in to work every week, but last week my goodies went to my family for obvious reasons. I'm just not feeling all that inspired.

It is what it is; things will get better.

Honestly I'm feeling strangely zen this morning. Probably sleep deprivation. I haven't slept through the night in a week, which is not at all normal for me. But I don't know, I just feel good today.

Yesterday was terrible, as most Mondays are. I didn't even get to see my crush at all. :( He was running behind so didn't come in to drop off his paperwork, he gave it to the dock guy instead. Figures. I can't really be mad about that, he's gotta do his work too and he usually doesn't make his last delivery until after he drops his paperwork off with me. Probably just wanted to avoid traffic going home. He actually hasn't done that in awhile so I really wasn't expecting to not see him.

Either way I think because I've made up my mind that I'm not going to just sit behind my desk and wait for him to notice me like I would have done once, that's why I'm just not that anxious about it. I'll ask when I see him and he'll either say yes or no. I am uncharacteristically optimistic and think he will accept.

In the meantime the plan is to drink my coffee, do a few things around the house and then get ready for another busy day. Tuesday is our heaviest day in terms of volume, and I already know to expect at least one cargo blowout this morning.

Got Dark Souls 3! I excpectef it to be a challenge (reason I bought it) and boy was  right! Killed first boss and got to second one?, it is an EXCELLENT game, I would recommend checking it out, but I reiterate it's not for the light hearted, but it's even more rewarding than taming 150 Giga or completing the tek cave!

Regards

-LAD

Cymas, in the event things go well with your crush it would be adorable if he were to happen across this thread and see you writing about him xD 

Maze, best of luck to you!! I didn't post this in your thread because I wanted to leave it uninterrupted between you and T if she were to respond.  

Edit: I love love stories.

ILuv, DS3 is definitely a good game.  Be sure to check every nook and cranny.  Exploration is as rewarding as it is punishing sometimes.

22 hours ago, gimo said:

Cymas, in the event things go well with your crush it would be adorable if he were to happen across this thread and see you writing about him  

Maze, best of luck to you!! I didn't post this in your thread because I wanted to leave it uninterrupted between you and T if she were to respond.  

Edit: I love love stories.

ILuv, DS3 is definitely a good game.  Be sure to check every nook and cranny.  Exploration is as rewarding as it is punishing sometimes.

If xcourse, I am one of those OCD gamers who couldn't live with themselves if I don't have EVERY SINGLE bit of loot, even if it's that one damn wood shells which requires half an hour of parkour to get to (Hyperbole)

Regards

-LAD

I went in to the vet with some family folk for a check up on one of my dogs whom almost lost her eye last week. Her name is Crystal and her breed is Llasa Appso (mix?)  She had to get emergency Tarsorrhaphy surgery in order to try and save her right eye, the other option was to just take it out since there was a chance the swelling wouldn't stop and/or she would go blind

The doctor only had good news today which was a decent amount of weight off my shoulders, and I've been giving her meds and stuff on time which means no full nights sleep since last Wednesday, almost a 100% imprinting bonus). With the swelling going down at a good rate her chances look really good. Now it's just the eye needs time to reset and not dislocate again, so it'll take a couple weeks for it to become settled. I've been trying to get my siblings more involved since sleep had been escaping me and it's just not something you can do alone.

All in all the progress is good, and that's what matters.

Oh look I'm venting lol

My uncle's memorial service was this morning. A pretty low key affair limited to family and a few close friends; he was a very private person. We went out to lunch afterward as well. It was nice to see everyone even though the circumstances were not so good. I'm supposed to have 5 uncles, after all.

Now I'm just having a coffee break and sorting out the rest of my day. Really don't feel like doing anything but life goes on.

I need to pay my credit card bill, do some stuff around the apartment, and see if I can figure out how to roll my 401k over. I'll also probably try to get a workout in after, and I'm thinking if I'm done early enough I'll finish out my evening with Moana, which I've not seen yet but noticed it was added to Netflix recently.

That's the plan, anyway.

Being one of the two on my journey to salvation is no easy feat. 

I'm not really doing anything special lately because of that. I'm not meeting any friends. I'm not going out for dinner. I'm don't see my parents. 

The weather is also against me, it rains for days and won't stop for the weekend either. 

What i do is, sleep, go to work, get back home and start YouTube, hit the bed and that's about it. 

I can't even distract myself and concentrate at work. That's problematic, I have to use high-risk machines. 

Archived