Help with breeding/imprinting settings

Malinja

MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.01
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=150
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=40
BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier=5.0
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=0.1
BabyCuddleGracePeriodMultiplier=0,1

Can someone help me with these settings? It takes 9 days for imprinting on my server. I want imprint every 3 min and want them to grop up in 30 mins :-) Tried to google it, but im very new to having an server and i dont want to make 10 restarts to adjust them, since i got 30 players online.

Take a look at http://ark.gamepedia.com/Breeding#Times_for_Breeding

You will see that every dino has different times for hatching and maturation. Those times are affected by the multipliers, so it is not possible to have every dino grow up in 30 mins, because the base time is different.

For the options:

MatingIntervalMultiplier - affects how soon you can mate dinos again after mating. Base mating interval is 18:00-48:00 (random), apply the MatingIntervalMultiplier to get the new interval. E.g. a setting of MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.1 will result in a 1h48min - 4h48min intervall.

EggHatchSpeedMultiplier - as the name says, affects how quickly eggs will hatch. Again look at http://ark.gamepedia.com/Breeding#Times_for_Breeding, in the incubation section the time column will give you the hatch time for a dino, e.g. 5 hours for a rex. I have a setting of EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=10, which makes rexes hatch after 30 minutes.

BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier - affects how quickly babies will grow up. According to the breeding times, a rex will roughly take 92 hours. I have a setting of BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=10 which makes it go ten times faster, resulting in a duration of roughly 9 hours.

For the other options, you can change the cuddle interval so you get imprinting bonuses more often - but they will have a smaller percentage. The default interval is a random value between 3 and 4 hours, and the % you get with each imprint is calculated as the max (4 hours) divided by the total maturation time. So decreasing the cuddle interval (= setting a value lower than 1, which is the default) makes care taking happen more often, but the % you get will get smaller.

There is a lot of math behind it, and it cannot be configured so that all dinos grow at the same speed. It will always be different. So best you pick a dino (e. g. rex), and think about the desired breeding/maturation times, and set the multipliers accordingly. 

Hope this helps.

BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier is that the stat that decide the % on the inprint? I want to give wywerns 20% each time. how do i change it to give more? lower or higher?
i have been working on these settings for days whithout getting an answer that i understand tbh. Im not very good in english or math, i give up soon. Non of the guids help alot

On 19.6.2017 at 9:21 PM, Malinja said:

BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier is that the stat that decide the % on the inprint? I want to give wywerns 20% each time. how do i change it to give more? lower or higher?
i have been working on these settings for days whithout getting an answer that i understand tbh. Im not very good in english or math, i give up soon. Non of the guids help alot

For imprinting wyverns at 20% each and given settings in the first post, you should change BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier to 0.1156

Cheers

breeding_wyvern.gif

• 4 months later...
On 6/21/2017 at 1:34 AM, andi79h said:

For imprinting wyverns at 20% each and given settings in the first post, you should change BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier to 0.1156

Cheers

breeding_wyvern.gif

You dont happen to have that XL file laying around?
If you dont mind, i would love a "copy", so i can calculate my own server :D

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2017 at 8:23 AM, s710 said:

Take a look at http://ark.gamepedia.com/Breeding#Times_for_Breeding

You will see that every dino has different times for hatching and maturation. Those times are affected by the multipliers, so it is not possible to have every dino grow up in 30 mins, because the base time is different.

For the options:

MatingIntervalMultiplier - affects how soon you can mate dinos again after mating. Base mating interval is 18:00-48:00 (random), apply the MatingIntervalMultiplier to get the new interval. E.g. a setting of MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.1 will result in a 1h48min - 4h48min intervall.

EggHatchSpeedMultiplier - as the name says, affects how quickly eggs will hatch. Again look at http://ark.gamepedia.com/Breeding#Times_for_Breeding, in the incubation section the time column will give you the hatch time for a dino, e.g. 5 hours for a rex. I have a setting of EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=10, which makes rexes hatch after 30 minutes.

BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier - affects how quickly babies will grow up. According to the breeding times, a rex will roughly take 92 hours. I have a setting of BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=10 which makes it go ten times faster, resulting in a duration of roughly 9 hours.

For the other options, you can change the cuddle interval so you get imprinting bonuses more often - but they will have a smaller percentage. The default interval is a random value between 3 and 4 hours, and the % you get with each imprint is calculated as the max (4 hours) divided by the total maturation time. So decreasing the cuddle interval (= setting a value lower than 1, which is the default) makes care taking happen more often, but the % you get will get smaller.

There is a lot of math behind it, and it cannot be configured so that all dinos grow at the same speed. It will always be different. So best you pick a dino (e. g. rex), and think about the desired breeding/maturation times, and set the multipliers accordingly. 

Hope this helps.

By any chance, do you happen to remember what you put for Cuddle Interval? I'm setting the Baby Mature Speed Multiplier to 10 and I would like to have the same Cuddle Intervals as it would have as default, thanks.

20 hours ago, Acij said:

By any chance, do you happen to remember what you put for Cuddle Interval? I'm setting the Baby Mature Speed Multiplier to 10 and I would like to have the same Cuddle Intervals as it would have as default, thanks.

Please see my last comment here: 

I have never set/changed the cuddle interval.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Perhaps someone could explain how and why to get the growth sped and imprint to match for every dino.  Considering the Devs do it perfectlyevery time they have an event that gives 3 times maturation.  Or is it really that the Devs are to lazy to fix this setting after a couple years have gone by.  As an example.  I set growth to 10 and my friends can get a raptor to 100 bur for their rex I have to us commands to give it 100.  I'm looking for anyone who can give a straight answer.  Not repeat the settings word for word.  Van it be done or no.  P.S. not asking for all dino to raise in the same amount of time.  Just to make clear.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/9/2019 at 12:45 PM, MagnusFalcon said:

As far as my calculations go, i've found that the closest multiplier for all Dino Type 100% imprint is "y = 1/x" or "y = x^(-1)".

BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier   =   1 / BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier

0.2 = 1 / 5 Times

0.1 = 1 / 10 Times

0.04 = 1 / 25 Times  

So what your saying is, if I put baby cuddle multiplier to 1, and mature speed to 0.2 the baby will need to imprinted on 5 times?

Archived