Single Player Survivors

Jatheish

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had that problem a lot. and not just with dinos but with resources too. I let it run for a full day and nothing. only recently, because of this problems, I started dedicated on my local machine and discovered that is not crashing like single player although it is on the same machine and with the same .ini files. to my surprise single player runs much poorly then dedicated on the same machine with same set of files (.ini files, save files). In moded ARK some things are invisible in the singlplayer and not on dedicated.in would be much simpler for me to play single player if it runs how supposed to. so, any work on singleplayer would be appreciated. thanks.

Caves are the biggest issue. I play on Xbox, and there are never any cave spawns. You can walk in and out and never see a creature.

Another issue is an over abundance of flying Dinos. For instance, if a pack of allosaurus wipes all land Dinos in an area, only flyers seem to spawn. I have to wipe my game of all Dinos in order to get new spawns.

45 minutes ago, Johnny5X said:

Although many survivors say that the cave spawns have been fixed i still notice low spawn in them.Also i haven't seen any kairuku on the icebergs so please take a look to see if there is something going on.

Yep, same problem. Have to use the main land mass. Lost many flyers to the wolves.

Wilddinowipe works most time for me

4 hours ago, Jat said:

Hey guys!

Just have a question for those who play exclusively on Single Player, whether it's PC, Xbox, or PS4:

Have you ever noticed a situation where there is a serious lack of Wild Dinos or that they stop respawning?

Let me know what your experiences are like. We're currently focusing a lot on single player and fixing a number of bugs related to it, and this is something that is in our pipeline for player dedicated (on console) but we want to see whether it occurs on Single Player too. So far we haven't had many reports about it to indicate that. 

Sometimes yes. Im playing Ark on Xbox since day 1 and i somehow think and my friend which is playing with me splitscreen too, that we had more dinos spawned back then and also many different ones not just Dilo, Dodo, Paras. I've never ever seen a sarco down on southcoast again. Also i think overall on the map it could have more dinos, yes! But hey just my experience...

Never did a reset of my map so maybe its bugged because of the settings and stuff, idk!!

I would suggest to focus more on other stuff...if you search the dinos you'll find them sooner or later but all the bugs seem far more important.

Please also take a look into the bugs for splitscreen. Especially the UI becuase i cant access the inventory properly if my friend is in it as well.

If someone is dropping things out of the Inventory the other guy gets a lag its not even funny anymore :D you cant even put an armor on or change your weapons etc. thats just really a pain in the ass.

Thank you WC

Yes wild Dino's stop spawning everywhere in my world very quickly. When I go into a new area after a dino wipe then all sorts of dino's will spawn. But once they are killed there doesn't re-spawn any new dino's again. The area where you play becomes dead very quickly. It looks like a re-spawning issue once the current dino's that is there has been killed and only doing a dino wipe fixes it. I play on Xbox One

I only play on single player on the Xbox. I've only played a little bit since the last major update. Most of my play is on the Island

There have been a lot of changes with spawns it feels like over the course of the last couple of updates . On Carno Island only raptors seem to respawn. Spinos don't seem to respawn very where anywhere on The Island. A lot of the animals in the redwood forest seem to have a problem respawning. It ends up being mostly parasaurs, bears, megaceros, and pteros that keep spawning in the redwood froest. Alpha's in general don't seem to spawn as much as they used to and I seem to have a hard time finding more after I kill them. When I use the "destroywilddinos" command everything seems to spawn back to normal.

Another issue that I've had for awhile now is having to share most of the slider settings. Me and my brother play on the same console and for some reason all the slider settings, like dino stats and such after the original settings are shared between us. Things like harvest amounts, xp, and day cycle we can have independent settings for, but the rest are shared. Even when we play on our own saves.

i actually find that there are too many dinos on the map. i prefer immersion in games where possible and find that some areas are too densely populated that's why Ive frequently  suggested a wild dino spawn control slider so single players can increase or decrease the island population to their hearts desires.

I have had the issue where on the island and center map if I go out and level my Dino's by wiping a area only a single type of dino will spawn back in there place of multiple types example wipe dead island or half burnt and have only raptors spawn in place of normal spawns had this happen on single player and my hosted server

I've only ever had problems with cave dino spawns. 

However I've reported a bug I've encountered 8 times over Ark's time on Xbox where sometimes my singleplayer game will reset and I'll lose all my tames and buildings but my level remains intact. It's as if the map resets to before I was on the Ark. I've only encountered it on the island map. I reported it with the help of a GM but they couldn't tell me the progress of the fix. So is it going to be fixed? I haven't been able to risk playing the island map for a while out of fear of a reset and have been confined to the Centre map. I've got no idea why it occurred or how it occurred but it was frustrating to deal it and needs to be fixed before launch. I did bring it to your attention when it originally happened back during Arks release on Xbox but nothing was done. Hopefully now it will be fixed

I'm on the Center (PS4) and if anything, I have too much spawns... Caves in particular are always crawling with creatures, and the Underworld is an overspawn madhouse, dropping FPS to the brink of playability (both the caves leading to it, the shores of the lake and the lake itself). Dinos even spawn on the walls, on cliffs... Dozens and dozens everywhere, on top of each other. Tweaked settings several times but it doesn't seem to make much of a change.
On the contrary, for some reason bear dens are empty most of the time but it seems to be more random.

Outside it's mostly alright but there is some weird stuff happening from time to time, like Brontos spawning on top of pillars and getting stuck there (they can't even turn). Addressed all this to evilmrfrank a while back but I had no answer.

Singleplayer on PC for me not really struggling with dino spawn numbers but more of the rate of high level Dinos. Because on servers the map keeps progressing when you log off and high level carnivores for example are adding an additional amount of Dino spawn by snacking away the low ones, those maps seem a lot healthier populated. When you log off in Singleplayer everything just stops until you log back on which of course makes this process/progress a lot slower or kind of inefficient. Not sure what a good workaround for this could be, maybe some app that keeps simulating your SP map in the background while being logged off, or simulating the lost time first when logging back on. Although I would not make that RNG based. Having played Ark mostly on servers it always feels weird logging back into SP realising nothing happened since I logged off. I would definitely prefer some dedicated singleplayer server experience over the current one (without having to own a second pc to do this of course). :)

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived