Single Player Survivors

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey guys!

Just have a question for those who play exclusively on Single Player, whether it's PC, Xbox, or PS4:

Have you ever noticed a situation where there is a serious lack of Wild Dinos or that they stop respawning?

Let me know what your experiences are like. We're currently focusing a lot on single player and fixing a number of bugs related to it, and this is something that is in our pipeline for player dedicated (on console) but we want to see whether it occurs on Single Player too. So far we haven't had many reports about it to indicate that. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES.

There can be times where after a few ingame days the whole map becomes barren for some odd reason. The Killall commands remedies it for a short time and it happens all over again.

Then there are instances where small islands are just cluttered in various dinos that should be more spread out on the map. 

If there can be more consistency of them spawning via reproducing will make a much more breathable world. 

I only play single player on XB1 and PC. As mentioned before I have seen empty (or nearly empty) caves.

Outside there tend to be sparse areas occasionally but they tend to repopulate. More noticeably I have had a few cases where an area was completely overrun by one dino type. e.g.: Parasaurs stumbling over each other on herbie island, anky's piled on top of each other on the east side of the island bordering the snow, 7 wolf packs of 6 wolves each in the snow biome.

OMG thank you so much for this post! Yes I have pretty much gotten to the point where every other day I do a Dino wipe. Over time (pretty quickly) dinos like the spino, the yuti and alphas just stop spawning. I'll go around killing everything ina biome looking for high level dinos and most of the time things don't down back in the same. Literally after a Dino wipe the number of alphas and bigger carnivores decreases a lot. And over time simple dinos turtles and parasaurs take over. Oh and Carno island too! On the island and the center after a lap around of killing it's literally ALL raptors. The snow biome is the same with wolves... thank you so much for addressing this! I also watch a lot of youtubers who play ark and I feel like on Xbox single player the amount of low level dinos is crazy. It's REALLY hard to find certain high level dinos. Especially 140 +! They shouldn't be as rare as they are. Please ask us as many questions as you have about console/single player, would def love to help make the game better!! Can not wait for July 4th and to see what these expansions will be! 

YES! It's mainly been a problem on carno island. there will be a variety of dinos at first, then after they're killed, raptors will be the only dino to respawn. there are also an insane amount of akylos spawning around mountains and far too many pterodactyls on Redwood beach. and dinos are not respawning at all unless I use the destroywilddinos command. 

Ps. Would really be awesome if we had some sort of control over the weight of things spawning or at least like maybe a slider where one side is "herbivores" and the other side "alphas". Making more or less carnivores and alphas spawning. Lol sometimes I will fly around and randomly spawn in lots of alphas and gigas all over the map to make things more interesting lol. I miss being scared playing ark. I want to be able to have good dinos and weapons, but also be able to get wrecked at a moments notice in the right areas. Thanks for reaching out to us single player peeps! 

Xbox, single player.

sometimes it can take hours for an area to repopulate after killing everything (meat runs)

quite often when the do finally respawn it will mostly be a lot of one type, ankylo for example. 

Caves take hours to respawn in my experience. 

Still haven't seen a wild Equus. 

Xbox Player dedicated has an ankylo spawn issue also, wipe an area of carnivores and come back to an anky party. 

Ability to tweak spawn rates of specific dinos would be a handy slider to have in single player. 

We all hate pegomastax so turning them down a bit would be groovy

I actually experienced this recently after patch 258.6  (PC).  I wanted to try out fishing with honey.  I returned to my southern base which is split between herbivore island and the land tip just north of it.  I've always fished in the bay just as you head west.   While there's usually tons of fish in the water, there were only 5 coels total.  I then looked around and there were hardly any dinos on the beaches surrounding me.  Usually this would mean that a rex or a couple of carnos had spawned and cleaned the area.  Nope.  All I saw was a couple of stegos by themselves and a lonesome carby.  That was it.

It was actually kind of surreal.  I had the open space and was completely safe on my raft.  If only the fish were biting....

PC

no problems from this lone hunter now finding good level dinos thats a royal pain always seems like whenever you find the perfect looking dino its at the absolute minimum level it can spawn at perhaps a slight bump in the chance for higher level dinos to spawn? im not asking for every dino to be a 120 but i would like to feel like i dont need the stars to align for me to find one. also it was ages ago since i last tamed one but it seems like in single player female megaloceros always revert to brown upon logging back in very disheartening had tamed a pure white doe to breed with my equally snow white buck but didnt have the time so i left only to log back in the next day to find a plain brown deer with the name Icequeen.

Its hard to say whether or not its just low spawning rate (because they're all constantly killing each other) or not spawning at all.  I find pockets of Dinos all clumped together, but rarely do I find a healthy assortment of dinos coexisting in such a manner that I can browse effectively all the time. As I travel, there are areas that are just desolate wastelands followed by sudden dino battle royales then to just a dodo and a pair of compys alone on a quarter mile stretch of beach.  Having the water feel that sparse is great, and its nice to go 10 feet in the swamps without everything trying to eat you, but on the beaches and in the forests or along rivers there definitely needs some TLC.  Terror Birds on the north side of the Redwoods biome are constantly murdering everything, making there just a bunch of pteras and gallis left to find.  On the mountains, I feel like the sabers, raptors and scorpions go a little kill crazy.  And now the Boars in the arctic with the wolves and the T-rexes and the Mammoths constantly at war, I've only seen 1 Yutyranus and it was flying through the air after getting gnawed on by a pack of wolves.

It would really help to diversify the biomes a bit more, remove some of the myriad predators and give them more exclusive regions instead of everywhere all the time always.  And if there was a way to turn their aggro down from 11, that'd be great too. Its bad when I can find a therizino more readily than I can find trilobites. 

Caves on the other hand are just giant piles of everything all the time everywhere.  So dangerous without a mount, and so tedious to chew through with one.  If you could strategically place the dinos in the caves for a metered challenge instead of just swarms everywhere, that'd go a long ways.

I'm have played SP on PC in the same game for a long time. My preference is to lower the dino count to 0.25 and I have ALL the carnivore with lowered spawnweight multipliers on top of that. Otherwise, again in my opinion, the whole thing is a continuous slaughter house at the spawn points. Like the one on the beach just south west of the snow biome. Imagine, in my world (in between wipes of  course) I have been tracking some brontos and paracers around for days. 

That is because carnivores will attack until they are overran. Now, A feeding cycle/ time of day would be more natural but maybe too difficult to implement. Of course, all this makes is very hard to find the super high level dino you want. Sometimes you strike gold and sometimes you settle for less. I love the freedom of customizing this game in SP. 

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived