PSA: no-build zones

HiImZech

if the devs are planning to set no build zones in certain parts of the island, we need to watch our bases/outposts. the last time they did that on every mountain top wiped all bases there a few months later.

so in prep for a possibility devs are going to bring this back on certain critical resource location, players need to do a few things:

1) run. evacuate. get away from metal/obsidian nodes if they are close to you. move all your stuff. keep your base for in case it doesn't happen

2) hope for a better solution

3) don't cry when it happens

as for the dev, we hope you can do a few things as well in the event a no-build zone is to be added:

1) please mark out all areas

2) please give us 2 weeks to move

3) please no random surprises 12 hours before patch hits

4) please understand we don't want to lose stuff even though we are to expect to lose stuff. if it hurts to lose your wallet then it hurts to lose stuff online. a brain can't tell the difference between online or offline it will just trigger all the sad hormones and make you feel like staying in bed for long periods of time.

thanks

9 minutes ago, eswimm said:

One of the crazy things is the no-build zones around water veins that prevents anyone from hooking irrigation pipes up to a well.  There are also a few locations where the no-build zone around beacons prevents you from placing a water well or oil pump on a vein.

I know what you mean, I still think they should add a allow build option on the water wells for the owner to at least be able to build irrigation pipes from it to their base for water and crops even if you build it around a beacon

On 6/15/2017 at 7:59 PM, ArkRage said:

And these no build plots won't really do anything. In the past I've  been on servers that have a wall all the way around certain places as close as they can reach. How are people supposed to deal with that? Lol. I mean sure, fly, but that's not the point. 

I believe they do serve the purpose of identifying if someone is really a troll or just trying to execute server justice

some people could have misunderstood the reason why a wall is erected or a certain place is pillared.

a good example is...

long before there was no brighter/lighter shade on the map telling you the area of spawn in a spawn zone. there were of course...bases everywhere, including the spawn zone. so people complain the base is grieving them because they can't get out. base owner won't budge because...they were there first and its going to take a lot of effort to shift out of a zone this big

• 2 weeks later...

Playing pve, theres alot that tried to justify pillaring of an area in the belive they protected resource spawns from noobs building the area and block the resources, what we are seeing now is after they made the pillar nerf is the same people doing it with foundations or other means that actually block some spawns. so no build zones are very welcome.

Another thing i would like to see is a tribe/char maximum landmass they can build on, just like the taming limit, that would be awsome.

Archived