Where's the flyer Buff......

DrBlueberryMD

5 hours ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

I don't get the whole "it takes longer,  this is ridiculous" argument.. shouldn't travelling across a map take awhile? You are not teleporting.. shouldn't you position your base as to be close to what resources you need? I mean,  they want officials to be a grind.  There are unofficials if you need boosted rates.  To each their own,  but officials are meant to be tedious, nothing quick and easy..

Lol this mentality. And here I was thinking games were about having fun. If a game is "meant to be tedious" it isn't a good game. Also I am in no way complaining about the grinding. Yes this game is grindy and I'm ok with that. I actually like it. But adding a huge timesink (eg, going ANYWHERE) to that grinding just makes the game way too time consuming and tedious. Also, that part about locating your base close to what resources you need is just ridiculous. And even if you could have a base close to ALL the resources you need, you'd still have to fly around to find dinos, visit people, etc..

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BulletForce said:

Some people just want everything easy and handed to them on a silver platter. Not much point trying to reason with that kind of logic.

Ok then please explain to me how lower flying speeds make the game harder? Because bile is being spewed by you again, you are calling it logic but tbh I have never seen your posts even close to being associated with logic. Making flyers faster doesn't "hand me" poop. I still have to go somewhere, mine/chop/fight and then smelt/build/cook. THAT is the gameplay. That is where the "difficulty" is (lol at you if you find this game even remotely difficult though). Making the flying (or riding) there take 10m as opposed to 3m doesn't add difficulty or even gameplay for that matter.

1 hour ago, Lumitesi said:

Lol this mentality. And here I was thinking games were about having fun. If a game is "meant to be tedious" it isn't a good game. Also I am in no way complaining about the grinding. Yes this game is grindy and I'm ok with that. I actually like it. But adding a huge timesink (eg, going ANYWHERE) to that grinding just makes the game way too time consuming and tedious. Also, that part about locating your base close to what resources you need is just ridiculous. And even if you could have a base close to ALL the resources you need, you'd still have to fly around to find dinos, visit people, etc..

Buy for every player that wants things fast,  there are those that don't.. "lol, your mentality"... and you can find very nice base locations that offer up most of what you need,  tames and resources, where you can plan the occasional excursion to tame something not readably available close by.. survival is a tedious thing,  and it is a survival game.. I've seen many many people on officials quit after they rushed to end game/get everything, havent seen anyone quit after the flyer nerf.. tedium will probably serve this game much better for the long haul..

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:48 AM, Shbear said:

"I can fly a wyvern for that distance! no need for stamina buff!" by doing that they are just changing people's focus from the actual issue which is: YOU can't kill something easily, wyverns ARE not transportation flyers.

personally it's a shame! as my 500%+ damage wyvern can't kill a high lvl alpha rex while my 2 bred wolves can! 

People shouldn't really think that it was ever ok that wyverns could deliver death from orbit and not have to land for 10-20 breaths.  If you think you're ever going to get that back then it's best to delete your account now.

P.S.  The only way your 2 wolves are better at killing an Alpha Rex is if they're glitching it's hitbox.  Even if that wasn't the case are your 2 wolves going to be better than 2 wyverns?  Can they fly?  Can they carry mammoths?  Do they have ranged attacks?  Are they as fast?  Can they carry as much?

22 hours ago, BulletForce said:

The statistics speak for themselves according to steamcharts.com there are currently 76000 players playing ARK at present

and here I am.. left the ark for 2 months with the flyer nerf and now playing again.. if that can be called playing. usually sitting at my base or running around naked and chatting with friends on steam. so do you think this counts as I'm for the speed nerf?

2 hours ago, LEDminer said:

as they gave you safety by keeping you above threats.

slow speed still give same safety as before nerf. it just makes me annoyed and makes it impossible to play the whole game because I don't have time to fly around for hours

2 hours ago, LEDminer said:

Slower speeds on flyers is justified, as they gave you safety by keeping you above threats.

When getting stuff, you choose to take the safe and slow route (flying), or you look into other options.

Making flyers fast gives you "poop" for almost no effort, just flying over everything that matters.

The irony is even a 'slow' flyer (they aren't actually slow) is still much faster then the 'fastest' land dino and also a far far safer and easier way to to travel in this game. While they have reduced the speeds on the flyers they still have not given players a land dino that is a genuine viable alternative.

The simple fact is there is currently no incentive to use a land dino like a Gallimus to travel across the map. The flyers are still superior in every single way. They are faster, they don't have to deal with wild life, they won't have to worry about getting stuck on a rock or on a tree, they don't need to worry about going off a cliff. Then there is the Quetzal which out performs all land dino pack mules by a very wide margin for harming, hauling and transporting large loads.

13 minutes ago, Smash said:

People shouldn't really think that it was ever ok that wyverns could deliver death from orbit and not have to land for 10-20 breaths.  If you think you're ever going to get that back then it's best to delete your account now.

P.S.  The only way your 2 wolves are better at killing an Alpha Rex is if they're glitching it's hitbox.  Even if that wasn't the case are your 2 wolves going to be better than 2 wyverns?  Can they fly?  Can they carry mammoths?  Do they have ranged attacks?  Are they as fast?  Can they carry as much?

I can recall vividly before the nerf hit how strong the dragons were. We had this lightning one high level and all and the thing was super fast. You could go and up down the island's east coast in a minute or two at ridiculous speeds. I remember one occasion where I spotted a level 100 Spino in the river mouth near Carno island. I gave it one blast of that electrical attack and it died. A level 100 spino died in one hit to my dragon. The whole thing took a mere 3-4 seconds and it was dead. From that moment on it dawned on me that there was something seriously broken with this game.

Despite this there are still people on here even today 2 months after the flyer nerf that argue that they were 'balanced' and didn't need to be nerfed at all. I can understand people can grow attached to their virtual beasts but you really have to be in a deep state of denial to not want to admit what is blatantly obvious.

Bulletforce is pro nerf. He is unwilling to entertain any thought of flying. He does not like fliers, he hates them, and wants them taken out of the game. He does not want them used for any reason in any way.

I suspect he got picked and dropped a lot. Something had to cause this unnatural hatred of fliers. Either that, or fliers cramp his personal style of griefing.

I suspect both.

Either way, he is a paid troll, or bucking for one of those coveted unpaid admin jobs on this forum, or just butthurt at getting dropped one time too many.

Or all three.

Did I have powerful fliers? Sure, 325 at hatch. After breeding them up to that for almost a year.

Think about it. A long time invested. Did I deserve to have those? It appears i did, until the nerf.

Bulletforce does not play like that. He griefs, steals, kills, trolls, and then tries to argue semantics to say he does not do any of that.

He does not work for what he has, he steals it from others.

He is not a player anyone would want on their server, ever.

His own tribe is not even safe from him.

A valid play style in a sandbox game.

According to him.

So, take what he says with a grain of salt, because he sure likes to rub the salt in. And pretend he is not. Either way, anything he says is untrustworthy, as it is simply his method to try to find a way to stab you.

9 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

I can recall vividly before the nerf hit how strong the dragons were. We had this lightning one high level and all and the thing was super fast. You could go and up down the island's east coast in a minute or two at ridiculous speeds. I remember one occasion where I spotted a level 100 Spino in the river mouth near Carno island. I gave it one blast of that electrical attack and it died. A level 100 spino died in one hit to my dragon. The whole thing took a mere 3-4 seconds and it was dead. From that moment on it dawned on me that there was something seriously broken with this game.

Despite this there are still people on here even today 2 months after the flyer nerf that argue that they were 'balanced' and didn't need to be nerfed at all. I can understand people can grow attached to their virtual beasts but you really have to be in a deep state of denial to not want to admit what is blatantly obvious.

Yep, which is why I've been on here for the last 18 months begging WC to fix the issue before it became entrenched.  The second I started glitch mining with my quetzal back in January 2016(ish) I knew this game was going to break.  The let it go way too long IMO and they've been paying for it in complaints ever since.

Let's hope Dark and Light reign in their flyers before that goes EA, or alternatively they just make it a flyer focussed game and be done with it.

1 minute ago, Smash said:

Yep, which is why I've been on here for the last 18 months begging WC to fix the issue before it became entrenched.  The second I started glitch mining with my quetzal back in January 2016(ish) I knew this game was going to break.  The let it go way too long IMO and they've been paying for it in complaints ever since.

Let's hope Dark and Light reign in their flyers before that goes EA, or alternatively they just make it a flyer focussed game and be done with it.

I have actually made a thread on Dark and Light's steam forum about the expected balance issues with flyers that will arise in their game. Haven't heard back yet. If the trailers are anything to go by the devs in that game seem to be encouraging air supremacy mode. It looks to be worse then ARK.

6 minutes ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

Bulletforce is pro nerf. He is unwilling to entertain any thought of flying. He does not like fliers, he hates them, and wants them taken out of the game. He does not want them used for any reason in any way.

I suspect he got picked and dropped a lot. Something had to cause this unnatural hatred of fliers. Either that, or fliers cramp his personal style of griefing.

I suspect both.

Why is it that it always has to be something that is not just what people are saying?  i.e. We want to be able to use the ground assets competitively in PVP with the reasoning that the game was thoroughly more enjoyable when that was actually the focus.

Stop falling back on these pathetically flimsy strawmen if you want to be taken seriously in a discussion.

7 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

I have actually made a thread on Dark and Light's steam forum about the expected balance issues with flyers that will arise in their game. Haven't heard back yet. If the trailers are anything to go by the devs in that game seem to be encouraging air supremacy mode. It looks to be worse then ARK.

Which I guess is ok, if they make that the focus from the start and just add land assets for scenery rather than with the intent that it will be used.  But that certainly isn't Ark as every spotlight video seems to suggest.

18 minutes ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

I suspect both.

Either way, he is a paid troll, or bucking for one of those coveted unpaid admin jobs on this forum, or just butthurt at getting dropped one time too many.

Or all three.

Did I have powerful fliers? Sure, 325 at hatch. After breeding them up to that for almost a year.

Think about it. A long time invested. Did I deserve to have those? It appears i did, until the nerf.

Bulletforce does not play like that. He griefs, steals, kills, trolls, and then tries to argue semantics to say he does not do any of that.

He does not work for what he has, he steals it from others.

He is not a player anyone would want on their server, ever.

His own tribe is not even safe from him.

A valid play style in a sandbox game.

According to him.

So, take what he says with a grain of salt, because he sure likes to rub the salt in. And pretend he is not. Either way, anything he says is untrustworthy, as it is simply his method to try to find a way to stab you.

I appreciate the flattering description but sadly I must inform you that I don't have any particular irrational hate or grudge against flyers but rather I seek a balanced game in which all dinos and all weapons have viable competitive uses in a PVP setting. I don't deny that I 'grief', murder, steal and destroy. I've never tried to hide that it's how I play this game. I bought this this game for its PVP potential not because it had cute dinosaurs.

I've played this game since 2015 when it first came out. I bought the game a week after it was first on sale on steam. I've seen all the changes made to the game since then how its developed. I can tell you without a doubt this game was very enjoyable in late 2015 even when there was merely a fraction of the dinos now available to players. Flyers have sucked a lot of enjoyment out of the game because of the unbalances they created in nearly every aspect of the game.

Recently there was an attempt to rectify and to the credit of the devs it has improved the gameplay a few notches but the fundamental issue still remains and that is flyers are still unbalanced vs land dinos. They are good all rounders with few weaknesses that can do any task quickly and efficiently with little risk.

BTW you seem to somehow know me better then I know you. Have we crossed paths before somewhere?

13 hours ago, BulletForce said:

I appreciate the flattering description but sadly I must inform you that I don't have any particular irrational hate or grudge against flyers but rather I seek a balanced game in which all dinos and all weapons have viable competitive uses in a PVP setting. I don't deny that I 'grief', murder, steal and destroy. I've never tried to hide that it's how I play this game. I bought this this game for its PVP potential not because it had cute dinosaurs.

I've played this game since 2015 when it first came out. I bought the game a week after it was first on sale on steam. I've seen all the changes made to the game since then how its developed. I can tell you without a doubt this game was very enjoyable in late 2015 even when there was merely a fraction of the dinos now available to players. Flyers have sucked a lot of enjoyment out of the game because of the unbalances they created in nearly every aspect of the game.

Recently there was an attempt to rectify and to the credit of the devs it has improved the gameplay a few notches but the fundamental issue still remains and that is flyers are still unbalanced vs land dinos. They are good all rounders with few weaknesses that can do any task quickly and efficiently with little risk.

BTW you seem to somehow know me better then I know you. Have we crossed paths before somewhere?

If you don't have a irracional hate or grudge against flyers then why have'you entertained the possibility that the only reason noone uses ground dinos is because they are poop at their Jobs and not because flyers are OP? You talk about Gallis have you tried one? Put more than 20points in speed and every rock om the ground becomes a ramp to outer space. (Ironic that the fastest ground mount like to fly so much)  Turning radius is utter poop. It's a really really bad alternative to flyers.

Have you tried making bronto caravans when farming metal? Please do so you can have one of the most tedious and frustrating experiences of your life. And also so you can understand that quetzals aren't broken, brontos are, because they're 10m tall behemoths that get stuck in every single 30cm rock you even get near. If anything the only broken thing about quetzals is they are so painfully slow. 

Point being, flyers are not op. The fact land creatures are so buggy and problematic, together with the poopty terrain and navigation in the game is what makes flyers the clear choice. 

I still feel that, instead of nerfing the hell out of everything, they should allow the server admins to set the parameters if they wish to. Give control of nerfing stuff to the owners of the private servers and do what they wish to the official ones themselves. All it needs is a checkbox to enforce the nerf or not, this is added to the server config file so ASM etc can utilise it.

That allows server owners to make the decision whether the nerf is justified for their players or not. If an overall majority on a server votes in favour of nerfing the fliers etc, the admin can then enforce the nerf but if not, they can leave it as it is. That keeps everyone happy.

I just wish developers of games wouldn't start out by making a decent game, then screw it up and alienate players by nerfing the hell out of everything, making the game far less enjoyable for so many. The nerf may be justified in some cases but not all, single players and many PVE private servers often use mods to get around the nerf because it's not justified for their use.

22 hours ago, Lumitesi said:

Point being, flyers are not op. The fact land creatures are so buggy and problematic, together with the poopty terrain and navigation in the game is what makes flyers the clear choice. 

+1 -  I think this is the key. They can nerf the flyers to the oblivion, until they dont make proper AI and collision handling to the AI controlled land dinos no one will use them extensively. 

By the way, if it happens the magically make land caravans comfortable (lets assume the impossible :) ) then they will immediately nerf the ground dinos as well, as from that point you can evade EVERYTHING with a speed levelled dino. So no challenge, no survival aspect, just quick and effective way to move from A to B.  Not that it has any survival feeling when you ride a carno or a rex... or even a trike...

If you don't have a irracional hate or grudge against flyers then why have'you entertained the possibility that the only reason noone uses ground dinos is because they are poop at their Jobs and not because flyers are OP? You talk about Gallis have you tried one? Put more than 20points in speed and every rock om the ground becomes a ramp to outer space. (Ironic that the fastest ground mount like to fly so much)  Turning radius is utter poop. It's a really really bad alternative to flyers.

Have you tried making bronto caravans when farming metal? Please do so you can have one of the most tedious and frustrating experiences of your life. And also so you can understand that quetzals aren't broken, brontos are, because they're 10m tall behemoths that get stuck in every single 30cm rock you even get near. If anything the only broken thing about quetzals is they are so painfully slow. 

My tribe and I play on scorched earth. We still only use flyers to travel or farm metal.

our base is at red ob, and the best metal spot is by green ob. It still only takes us about 30-35 minutes to get over there farm let's say 20k metal and then fly back to base. The only thing that has changed is that it takes an extra 5 minutes to get there. I don't really have a problem with it.

i still use wyverns to fly to each base location to repair all the generators. There is a lot all over the map and I hate doing it. Not because wyverns are slower but because I hate flying from one base to another fixing generators to help defend against attackers that aren't even coming. This game is starting to be boring and I am close to drifting away lol a lot of good games coming my out.

tited of the whole mega tribe thing

I use ground dinos alot, An anky is a ground dino, so are the mammoth, doedi, megalo and direbear I use daily. So your arguement of no one using land dinos isnt valid. Flyers right now feel good to me. If i need materials hauled I will use my quetzal. Thats what it was made for. For travel I use either my ptera or bary, they both get to the destination at around the same time. So right now it just comes down to preference, instead of using whats utterly broken because you have no other choice.

23 hours ago, Lumitesi said:

I tried using the bronto caravan, it was indeed a tedious undertaking. Thats why the quetzal was added. It does the hauling job alot better than the bronto leaving the bronto for other means. Like gathering or fighting for example. :) Your arguement about them being stuck is completely wrong tho, ive seen brontos step over 3 high bases without a problem. 

The quetzal is slow because its a huge dino dedicated to hauling massive ammounts of resources at a time. It would be broken (as you would call it) to have it carry that many resources and still fly at the speed of the ptera, a dino designed for speed and scouting.

You seem to be pulling alot of arguements out of your as* just to suit your own frustrations. Flyers have never felt more balanced to me then they do now. Each bird has its own role and it fulfills it perfectly. 

14 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

My tribe and I play on scorched earth. We still only use flyers to travel or farm metal.

our base is at red ob, and the best metal spot is by green ob. It still only takes us about 30-35 minutes to get over there farm let's say 20k metal and then fly back to base. The only thing that has changed is that it takes an extra 5 minutes to get there. I don't really have a problem with it.

i still use wyverns to fly to each base location to repair all the generators. There is a lot all over the map and I hate doing it. Not because wyverns are slower but because I hate flying from one base to another fixing generators to help defend against attackers that aren't even coming. This game is starting to be boring and I am close to drifting away lol a lot of good games coming my out.

tited of the whole mega tribe thing

So wouldn't you agree that raising flyers speed would increase your enjoyment of the game (or at least reduce the tediousness) by reducing the amount of time you have to just be flying around? Would let you have more time for everything else.

10 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

I use ground dinos alot, An anky is a ground dino, so are the mammoth, doedi, megalo and direbear I use daily. So your arguement of no one using land dinos isnt valid. Flyers right now feel good to me. If i need materials hauled I will use my quetzal. Thats what it was made for. For travel I use either my ptera or bary, they both get to the destination at around the same time. So right now it just comes down to preference, instead of using whats utterly broken because you have no other choice.

Did you by any chance read my post? If so how did you not notice I was talking about using ground dinos for transport? I mean I think it's pretty explicit given how the only examples I use are transport and carrier dinos. If by any chance you can actually read and you did notice, please make a video of you using the Anky for transport. I'd seriously love to see that.

Also you know someone is very biased when they say their Bary gets there in at around the same time as a Ptera.  It won't. And that's just the thing. Even if there is a huge disadvantage, it's ALWAYS down to personal preference. Even before the nerf I would take strolls around in ground dinos just for the heck of it. Just because one option is clearly better (and it still is, flyers are still clearly better, all they managed to do is extend the timesink of travelling) doesn't mean you HAVE to use it. It also doesn't mean that because you rather take the slower option, you have to force it on everyone else, which is what most flyer nerf advocates and whiners did before the nerf.

19 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

I tried using the bronto caravan, it was indeed a tedious undertaking. Thats why the quetzal was added. It does the hauling job alot better than the bronto leaving the bronto for other means. Like gathering or fighting for example. :) Your arguement about them being stuck is completely wrong tho, ive seen brontos step over 3 high bases without a problem. 

Once again, clearly biased lying or distorting, I guess I could see Brontos going over 3 high ramps too, but given how they can't go over anything 2 walls high, I kinda doubt you. And I've had a base right at the bottom of the North central mountain, before even Quetzals were added, so I had to take bronto caravans to mine metal. They got stuck at every corner, at every stone that wasn't just a round pebble sitting on the floor, so I do know what I am talking about, you are confusing arguments with facts. But then again going by your lack of reading comprehension on the first part it doesn't surprise me.

24 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

The quetzal is slow because its a huge dino dedicated to hauling massive ammounts of resources at a time. It would be broken (as you would call it) to have it carry that many resources and still fly at the speed of the ptera, a dino designed for speed and scouting.

You seem to be pulling alot of arguements out of your as* just to suit your own frustrations. Flyers have never felt more balanced to me then they do now. Each bird has its own role and it fulfills it perfectly. 

Ok, please quote me (or anyone ever) asking for the Quetzal to have the same speed as a Ptera. Go ahead, please. You say I'm the one pulling arguments out of my ass, yet I'm just bringing up facts and you're the one making stuff up out of nowhere (well, presumably coming from your sh*thole, given that's where poop comes from). I advocate for faster flyers, yes, but I never asked nor do I want the F16s back. I want flyers to have their speed raised just so I don't fall asleep whenever I have to fly my Quetz anywhere. However you spin it, right now they are too slow. And raising their speed a little won't make them broken. They will still be capped. They won't fly too fast for turrets or even for someone who probably has really bad aim like you to hit them. 

Given your aggressive tone (and the fact you needed to call me frustrated ) I'd say you are the one "pulling arguments out of as*" due to frustration. What happened, did you get picked/Unicorned alot in PvP? And the fact flyers are balanced between themselves means nothing for the overall balance of the game. They could be balanced between themselves and fulfill their own roles yet be F16s again or all fly as slow as the Quetz. That also means that it is possible to raise speeds and keep them balanced and given each it's own role.

1 minute ago, Lumitesi said:

So wouldn't you agree that raising flyers speed would increase your enjoyment of the game (or at least reduce the tediousness) by reducing the amount of time you have to just be flying around? Would let you have more time for everything else.

No I mainly just hate repairing generators and doing metal runs.

wheni am off doing desert drops I have more fun. The speed doesn't seem that bad to me.

3 minutes ago, Lumitesi said:

No it would not, it would increase the speed at which i/we progress and shorten the time to reach endgame and hitting an invisible ceiling of 'what do i do now?'. And at most you will have to fly around 5 minutes on a fully loaded quetz. Thats hardly tedious at all to me.

5 minutes ago, Lumitesi said:

Did you by any chance read my post? If so how did you not notice I was talking about using ground dinos for transport? I mean I think it's pretty explicit given how the only examples I use are transport and carrier dinos. If by any chance you can actually read and you did notice, please make a video of you using the Anky for transport. I'd seriously love to see that.

Also you know someone is very biased when they say their Bary gets there in at around the same time as a Ptera.  It won't. And that's just the thing. Even if there is a huge disadvantage, it's ALWAYS down to personal preference. Even before the nerf I would take strolls around in ground dinos just for the heck of it. Just because one option is clearly better (and it still is, flyers are still clearly better, all they managed to do is extend the timesink of travelling) doesn't mean you HAVE to use it. It also doesn't mean that because you rather take the slower option, you have to force it on everyone else, which is what most flyer nerf advocates and whiners did before the nerf.

You said no one uses land dinos yet i answered that I and many others (including yourself) use land dinos every day you play. You're not going to harvest metal by pick are you? If you are referring to transport only, before the nerf I used my quetzal to fly my beaver to the woods and load it with wood then fly back. Now I just run my mammoth to the woods and farm like that. Same goes for a doedi. They both got huge buffs making the use of a quetzal only necessary when you want to harvest a huge ammount of stone/wood. 

As far as the bronto and paracer go, Bronto saddle is unlocked at lvl 63, paracer is 41, quetzal is 76. Not even talking platform saddles here. So naturally, when you progress through the game you use the dinos as stepping stones. a lvl 45 player wont use a Quetzal to carry resources, he will opt for the paracer or diplo, maybe the Argy. Are you going to argue that an A class dino does the job better than a B class dino? 

As far as my barry, I lvled him in speed because I like the bary and I prefer it over flying alot of times, unless i need to go to an elevated place, then I will use a ptera. It will get to alot of areas in the same speed as my ptera. So right now its really up to preference. I like the bary better, so I can use that dino and not fall behind other players. In the past it was 'use whats broken or fall behind' now there are a multitude of options available to do the same thing with relatively the same results.

14 minutes ago, Lumitesi said:

Once again, clearly biased lying or distorting, I guess I could see Brontos going over 3 high ramps too, but given how they can't go over anything 2 walls high, I kinda doubt you. And I've had a base right at the bottom of the North central mountain, before even Quetzals were added, so I had to take bronto caravans to mine metal. They got stuck at every corner, at every stone that wasn't just a round pebble sitting on the floor, so I do know what I am talking about, you are confusing arguments with facts. But then again going by your lack of reading comprehension on the first part it doesn't surprise me.

Im going to ignore the namecalling here. I have been playing ARK since day 1. You can look up the forums of the first couple months with people asking how high their walls should be to prevent brontos stomping around. They almost all said atleast 4 high. I myself have had brontos step over 3 high walls. If you have played for as long as you claim you should know this. They also walk over river rocks without a problem. 

17 minutes ago, Lumitesi said:

Ok, please quote me (or anyone ever) asking for the Quetzal to have the same speed as a Ptera. Go ahead, please. You say I'm the one pulling arguments out of my ass, yet I'm just bringing up facts and you're the one making stuff up out of nowhere (well, presumably coming from your sh*thole, given that's where poop comes from). I advocate for faster flyers, yes, but I never asked nor do I want the F16s back. I want flyers to have their speed raised just so I don't fall asleep whenever I have to fly my Quetz anywhere. However you spin it, right now they are too slow. And raising their speed a little won't make them broken. They will still be capped. They won't fly too fast for turrets or even for someone who probably has really bad aim like you to hit them. 

Given your aggressive tone (and the fact you needed to call me frustrated ) I'd say you are the one "pulling arguments out of as*" due to frustration. What happened, did you get picked/Unicorned alot in PvP? And the fact flyers are balanced between themselves means nothing for the overall balance of the game. They could be balanced between themselves and fulfill their own roles yet be F16s again or all fly as slow as the Quetz. That also means that it is possible to raise speeds and keep them balanced and given each it's own role.

I'm not going to quote someone here but you will know who I'm talking about. In this thread ive seen someone suggest raising the Quetzal base speed with 200%. This would put it at 1900 when sprinting. The base speed of a ptera right now is ... you guessed it right 1897. So yeah, there have been people suggesting an increase to the speed of a ptera.

For me they feel right, it takes you 5 min to fly from any corner of the island to the center. If you need to fly longer distances than that on a regular basis you should maybe just acknowledge the fact that you choose a bad base location and its not the flyers fault, but your own. For me 5 minutes to fly to the center of the map on the slowest flyer is good, I would even dare call it fast. 

The way you resort to namecalling over a video game gives me the feeling you are frustrated about it. :) I never got bullied in PVP because when I played it it wasnt the fiasco we call official PVP these days. 

Flyers need to be balanced both against other flyers AND land dinos, which I believe they are now. They are a very strong asset to your dino collection but they arent completely broken in every regard. 

32 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

No I mainly just hate repairing generators and doing metal runs.

wheni am off doing desert drops I have more fun. The speed doesn't seem that bad to me.

Fair enough

13 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

No it would not, it would increase the speed at which i/we progress and shorten the time to reach endgame and hitting an invisible ceiling of 'what do i do now?'. And at most you will have to fly around 5 minutes on a fully loaded quetz. Thats hardly tedious at all to me.

What do you mean by endgame? Because famring 20k metal isn't treally what I'd call endgame. Tell me how faster Quetzals allow you to defeat bosses earlier (especially in the current "meta" given you just glitch them with rexes). And once again, biased lying. You take more than 5m to fly from any shore to the Volcano and it's just needless timewasting.

19 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

You said no one uses land dinos yet i answered that I and many others (including yourself) use land dinos every day you play. You're not going to harvest metal by pick are you? If you are referring to transport only, before the nerf I used my quetzal to fly my beaver to the woods and load it with wood then fly back. Now I just run my mammoth to the woods and farm like that. Same goes for a doedi. They both got huge buffs making the use of a quetzal only necessary when you want to harvest a huge ammount of stone/wood. 

As far as the bronto and paracer go, Bronto saddle is unlocked at lvl 63, paracer is 41, quetzal is 76. Not even talking platform saddles here. So naturally, when you progress through the game you use the dinos as stepping stones. a lvl 45 player wont use a Quetzal to carry resources, he will opt for the paracer or diplo, maybe the Argy. Are you going to argue that an A class dino does the job better than a B class dino? 

Once again, seems your reading comprehension needs to step up a bit, I've said twice that I was talking about transport. Why do you keep insisting? The first was just explicit the second was downright direct, so I do not know how else to convey it to you. And on the second part, what does that have to do with anything? I think that what you are saying is an obvious thing (though people around the forums seem to want EVERY dino to have a place on the endgame, which is just ridiculous) but it has nothing to do with the rest of the discussion.

23 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

Im going to ignore the namecalling here. I have been playing ARK since day 1. You can look up the forums of the first couple months with people asking how high their walls should be to prevent brontos stomping around. They almost all said atleast 4 high. I myself have had brontos step over 3 high walls. If you have played for as long as you claim you should know this. They also walk over river rocks without a problem. 

Hmm someone is confusing Brontos with Titanosaurs I guess.

25 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

I'm not going to quote someone here but you will know who I'm talking about. In this thread ive seen someone suggest raising the Quetzal base speed with 200%. This would put it at 1900 when sprinting. The base speed of a ptera right now is ... you guessed it right 1897. So yeah, there have been people suggesting an increase to the speed of a ptera.

So because one lunatic asked for it you take it as base? (If it even happened at all, coming from you I don't really believe it given the biased lying/distorting). And once again, one guy =/= people, distorting stuff once more.

27 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

For me they feel right, it takes you 5 min to fly from any corner of the island to the center. If you need to fly longer distances than that on a regular basis you should maybe just acknowledge the fact that you choose a bad base location and its not the flyers fault, but your own. For me 5 minutes to fly to the center of the map on the slowest flyer is good, I would even dare call it fast. 

The way you resort to namecalling over a video game gives me the feeling you are frustrated about it. :) I never got bullied in PVP because when I played it it wasnt the fiasco we call official PVP these days. 

Flyers need to be balanced both against other flyers AND land dinos, which I believe they are now. They are a very strong asset to your dino collection but they arent completely broken in every regard. 

This is the typical "I'm the center of the world and everyone else's problems aren't that big" kind of answer. Here's why

1- Most PvE servers are full, so your base location is most often decided by where you can build and not where you choose to. 

2 - Given people mostly don't get to choose where their base is, and most often they have to build in a spot that is much further away from the center than you are. 5m would be a blessing for them and they'd probably call it fast too since they take upwards of 10m since the nerf.

Summing up, just because it isn't a problem for you, doesn't mean you shouldn't get out of your high horse and try to understand other people's viewpoints, something that clearly doesn't interest you at all because you seem so full of yourself, which is why I won't keep this conversation going.

Lastly, I agree with that assessment, yet you were the one calling me frustrated before I even said anything nearly aggressive (or spoke to you for that matter), to which I replied. Also I didn't really call you any names, I just said you have bad reading comprehension, which you have , that you lie and distort things to suit your own biased views, which you do (e.g. calling one guy "people, etc") and that your unneeded and unprovoked aggressive tone showed you were the one somehow frustrated about this.

8 minutes ago, Lumitesi said:

Fair enough

What do you mean by endgame? Because famring 20k metal isn't treally what I'd call endgame. Tell me how faster Quetzals allow you to defeat bosses earlier (especially in the current "meta" given you just glitch them with rexes). And once again, biased lying. You take more than 5m to fly from any shore to the Volcano and it's just needless timewasting. 

It was proven by an official MOD that it took no longer than 5 minutes to fly a loaded quetz from any shore to the vulcano. So no lying going on here. What you consider a waste of time is personal, I dont consider transporting enormous ammounts of resources as waste of time, rather a necessary task.

Once again, seems your reading comprehension needs to step up a bit, I've said twice that I was talking about transport. Why do you keep insisting? The first was just explicit the second was downright direct, so I do not know how else to convey it to you. And on the second part, what does that have to do with anything? I think that what you are saying is an obvious thing (though people around the forums seem to want EVERY dino to have a place on the endgame, which is just ridiculous) but it has nothing to do with the rest of the discussion.

So because i use an anky mammoth or doedi its no longer transport? Transport doesnt only mean large quantities, i can transport about 10k wood with my mammoth. And its far from maxed. How is this not transport?

Hmm someone is confusing Brontos with Titanosaurs I guess.

Not at all, seems like you should do some more testing.

So because one lunatic asked for it you take it as base? (If it even happened at all, coming from you I don't really believe it given the biased lying/distorting). And once again, one guy =/= people, distorting stuff once more.

I'm going to copy this from page 1:

I hope in future they will solve the problem by adding & limit the amount of speed points you able to add to flyers as well as fix stamina pool.

1. ptera up to 150%.

2. Argy 200%.

3. quetzal 200%.

4. Wyvren 150%

You asked me specifically to quote you someone who wanted Quetzals to have the same speed as pteras. So here it is. Seems like you are running out of steam here. :) 

This is the typical "I'm the center of the world and everyone else's problems aren't that big" kind of answer. Here's why

1- Most PvE servers are full, so your base location is most often decided by where you can build and not where you choose to. 

2 - Given people mostly don't get to choose where their base is, and most often they have to build in a spot that is much further away from the center than you are. 5m would be a blessing for them and they'd probably call it fast too since they take upwards of 10m since the nerf.

Summing up, just because it isn't a problem for you, doesn't mean you shouldn't get out of your high horse and try to understand other people's viewpoints, something that clearly doesn't interest you at all because you seem so full of yourself, which is why I won't keep this conversation going.

Lastly, I agree with that assessment, yet you were the one calling me frustrated before I even said anything nearly aggressive (or spoke to you for that matter), to which I replied. Also I didn't really call you any names, I just said you have bad reading comprehension, which you have , that you lie and distort things to suit your own biased views, which you do (e.g. calling one guy "people, etc") and that your unneeded and unprovoked aggressive tone showed you were the one somehow frustrated about this.

No its not that kind of answer. You know what is one of the biggest problems of PVE? SOLO players. Many times has it beens aid by the devs that the game is Tribe intended. The difference between a server with 5 tribes with each 10 members or 30 1-2 member tribes is huge. But a lot of PVE players dont want to deal with other people in their tribe. Soooo you end up with a map littered with bases. 

There are alot of PVE problems that i understand and would like to see changed, this is just not one of them. The problems you are presenting are NOT created by the game, they are created by the players directly. So asking WC to alter their game because people dont want to tribe up in a tribe focused game, or because they chose a bad base location is wrong. I've been in your situation before, I too played official PVE and I wanted a more convenient base location. So instead of complaining that there were none available, I spoke to someone who had a base close to the resources I wanted and we tribed up. 

Why would I be frustrated if the changes WC made regarding flyers are exactly what I wanted. I havent had this much fun playing in a loooong time. And calling you frustrated (I got that feeling because of your heated reaction) isnt offensive. Its not a personal attack at you, rather at your behaviour.

Archived