Changes to Pillar Structure Decay!

Jatheish

On 6/25/2017 at 5:27 AM, Kurbbie said:

It affects pvp players just as much if not more.

You obviously never have done map control before. 

Any game mechanic that is changed affects pvp and pve. There is no difference in mechanics aside from not being able to attack.

Are you going to contribute anything to the topic, or just complain about my opinion?

Yes, I did contribute. I said that pillars were needed to protect against griefers (and it was obvious to everyone here I was talking about PVE griefers), and then you said: "Griefer? You mean pvpers. Griefers are people that stalk you and harrass you. Pvping and blowing up bases isnt griefing. You carebears need to understand that." which was in my opinion, not contributing, since I was talking about PVE griefing. Like you say, in PVP, that isn't griefing. 

So don't try and twist my words around, I was clearly talking about PvE, not PVP. So instead of assuming someone doesn't know what they are talking about, maybe read it in context of the thread and figure out what they are saying. Apparently you have a gripe with PVE players and think they are all carebears? This is very insulting to all of us PVE players.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bringing back the Dead post, Congratulations on the improvements for this request. I love the expire in 12 hours, however now you have people putting down 1 structure and 1 pillar killilng all resources also.

Suggestion: (maybe this should be a new post)

* structures expire slower the more that is there, under 10 structures in one location 12 hours, 10 to 100 structures 5 days (newb's have a chance to play again), 100 to 5000 structures could gain longer based on how many are in place. Currently I'm now still in the same location, but am worried to take a weeks vacation at the lake and lose everything. I have no recourse to save my base except to trust someone to join my tribe and hope they don't steal me blind?

* structure decay time increases based on how many are attached to each other

* Ability to purchase more time for your dino's before they rot so I can take a small break and not lose 3 months worth of work

Well, the pillar thing went live yesterday on console and within the amount of time it took me to get home from work, my base has been completely pillared by a guy spamming wood pillars around his boat base.  Good job WC, well done, well done.  He's already trying to block off access to resources in the area that I had been defending for all.  

WC Please can you get your collective heads out of your {raptor}es and understand that not every person on the planet wants to deal with the headache of PVP.  You have to come up with a way for PVE servers to police themselves into equitable opportunity.

How about: 

Introduce a 'claim' flag engram. You plant it in the ground and only your tribe and your allies can build within 'x' radius of the flag. Your tribe can have as many as 2 of these flags. Conversely you can't build anywhere else. Of course if you want 'bases' at other points around the map there are rafts, quetzes, brontos...etc...you can build on. 

Then around caves and metal spawns of course there would be no building within 'x' and I'd say around obelisks too. 

Probably needs a bit more fleshing out, but something along these lines. 

Can anyone confirm if fence foundation and walls with pillars for looks every now and then be affected?

BTW, this has got to be the worst thing Wildcard has done and I am not against the removal of pillars, but how do we protect people from building massive bases near us or even protect resources.

I would have first liked to have seen those two things addressed first before making this decision.

This change cost me 60-70% of my base.

i used pillars to build a a two layer offset palisade around my base and as my Dino pen, the open sides kept it from blocking resources or blocking off huge chunks of the map like gate ring bases do. 

So instead of making the game more accessible to new players I'm most likely going to be forced to put up gate rings and block off areas I was otherwise allowed to leave open. 

YET MY NEIGHBOURS RESOURCE PILLARS AND MANY IF THE LAND GRABBING TRIBES PILLARING ARE ALL STILL STANDING! I'm now worried that if I log off I'll loss my base completely. Thatch bombing is already a problem on the public PvE servers, this doesn't fix that problem, just makes it easier for the Greifers on PvE.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Granthe said:

Looks like this thread on the steam forums has been unstickied and deleted. With no changes in the next patch notes it seems like they are trying to forget all the problems this has caused. Hoping I'm wrong and changes are coming though. Don't forget about mindwipes either WC!

Oh really? They did add no-build zones in patch v260 as a result of players complaining that they were no longer able to protect resources-rich areas. They are trying to come with something but they have other priorities, give them time.

As for the steam thread, pretty sure it was just unstickied and buried by other threads; search!

35 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Oh really? They did add no-build zones in patch v260 as a result of players complaining that they were no longer able to protect resources-rich areas. They are trying to come with something but they have other priorities, give them time.

As for the steam thread, pretty sure it was just unstickied and buried by other threads; search!

They removed the zones then rolled back because it deleted all the bases that were on mountains

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

They removed the zones then rolled back because it deleted all the bases that were on mountains

Yes, but they are surely working on something to preserve the bases, or will do like they did for the volcano and add move-out zones for some time giving players the time to relocate and then re-activate them. This update just showed that they care but have other things to do. :)

21 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Yes, but they are surely working on something to preserve the bases, or will do like they did for the volcano and add move-out zones for some time giving players the time to relocate and then re-activate them. This update just showed that they care but have other things to do. :)

" - PVE Island server rollback due to structures in previously marked no-build areas being wiped unintentionally."

To me it just sounds like they accidentally activated the old no mountain building zones by mistake and nothing to do with what's happening now. Hope I'm wrong, but that's what it sounds like to me.

51 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I think they care, but the no build zone was from before I think. At least they rolled back immediately :D

10 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I think they care, but the no build zone was from before I think. At least they rolled back immediately :D

They don't care, if they did, they would not have released a new map that is 50% complete and only a handful of servers. What did they think was going to happen, everyone would just get along, without putting pillars down to territory grab?

I mean seriously, this is the same company who released paid DLC before the game was even released.

13 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

They don't care, if they did, they would not have released a new map that is 50% complete and only a handful of servers. What did they think was going to happen, everyone would just get along, without putting pillars down to territory grab?

I mean seriously, this is the same company who released paid DLC before the game was even released.

There are a lot of things I don't like with their policies. But for an early access game, they have pumped out waaaayy more content than I would expect, based on other similar games. The dlc is fun. I don't mind paying. And releasing a map early (theyre not even the ones making the map, fyi) isnt a sign of not caring.

Yeah, there are major flaws in the game. But I wouldn't attribute pillar spam to being their fault, it's just human beings being mean to each other, and it undermines the spirit of pve. It's the players' fault for not getting along. But really, it's all being worked on, albeit slowly. And don't complain about paid dlc, the base game should be worth much more than what its actually being sold at.

2 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

There are a lot of things I don't like with their policies. But for an early access game, they have pumped out waaaayy more content than I would expect, based on other similar games. The dlc is fun. I don't mind paying. And releasing a map early (theyre not even the ones making the map, fyi) isnt a sign of not caring.

Yeah, there are major flaws in the game. But I wouldn't attribute pillar spam to being their fault, it's just human beings being mean to each other, and it undermines the spirit of pve. It's the players' fault for not getting along. But really, it's all being worked on, albeit slowly. And don't complain about paid dlc, the base game should be worth much more than what its actually being sold at.

Really.... I would....

One they have know about pillar spam for a very long time, to they had the option to do something about protecting resources and chose to ignore it.

Now, I know who the developers of Ragnarok are, the issue is they decided to bring an unfinished map as official DLC that is 50% finished, release a handful of servers and then decide that the best cause of action is to annoy everyone else with a half baked solution that even has a work around and solves nothing.

Come on, you have to admit a 50% incomplete map, with a hand full of servers was always going to be a pillar city map.

9 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Really.... I would....

One they have know about pillar spam for a very long time, to they had the option to do something about protecting resources and chose to ignore it.

Now, I know who the developers of Ragnarok are, the issue is they decided to bring an unfinished map as official DLC that is 50% finished, release a handful of servers and then decide that the best cause of action is to annoy everyone else with a half baked solution that even has a work around and solves nothing.

Come on, you have to admit a 50% incomplete map, with a hand full of servers was always going to be a pillar city map.

Well yes, I would admit there aren't enough servers around for this particular map, we can agree on that. If there were more servers we wouldn't have to deal with this.

Funny thing, the constant ragnarok server cluster crashes is pushing people away from it. Two solid weeks of rollbacks, and server pop decreased by a lot.

Archived