Changes to Pillar Structure Decay!

Jatheish

1 hour ago, spacejam said:

at least they are trying something.  they could just sit back and do nothing,  

you gotta remember they are GOD   they can do damn well what they please

They could have done this on JUST the Ragnarok servers that this was intended for.  That's a lot less of something that would have pissed off a lot less people.  Instead, they do these sneaky ass updates with ZERO warning so people lose structures made using pillars (i.e. water pens and some decorative types of walls).  

Great job guys, thanks again. /s

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Xeeta said:

They could have done this on JUST the Ragnarok servers that this was intended for.  That's a lot less of something that would have pissed off a lot less people.  Instead, they do these sneaky ass updates with ZERO warning so people lose structures made using pillars (i.e. water pens and some decorative types of walls).  

Great job guys, thanks again. /s

I agree, they do have sneaky updates that can creep up on you. They were forth coming with Volcano, wish they did the same in this case. I'm glad I found out about this pillar update, since I go on vacation in a couple days.

Hello fellas , 
So what do you guys think about the new pillar timers ? Do you think that its good or bad ? I personally think it serves in many purposes and changes how the game was played, New players can place campfires and build after spawning without having to run across the whole map now , Big tribes can't pillar half the map . How ever these new changes also have a big impact on how the game was played before , Resource spawns and Dino spawns used to be pillared by big tribes which was a good thing but no one can stop newbies from building on metal spawns now can someone ? Of course an alternative would be here soon but why not now ? Drop down your opinions on what would be an alternative to collecting metal on your servers once all metal spawns or most of them are destroyed ? The same goes for Dino spawns , I can't seem to find "much" wild life while on the new Ragnarok servers since people want to claim land and they are using foundations for it , this effects breeding drastically considering how much babies eat . Replies and suggestions to get past these problems are appreciated since on my server metal spawns are started to get destroyed and the same has happened with Dino spawns because people are using foundations instead of pillars .

Cheers , 
Bob Marley

Implementing this is proof that the Dev team is out of touch with the real community of this game.  You should have people who play strictly official on PVE and PVP on the payroll so that you can have some voices in the inner circle with a sense of what playing this game is really like (official is the real game).

I understand that (new) people complain about Pillaring on PVE servers, but this is a necessary evil and does more good than harm over all.  You say you want us to "make use of the land" that we have claimed, but what does that mean?  I have a base that I have pillared around to prevent other players building to close to me while also protecting the resources in my immediate vicinity.  I have also placed some pillars up on the mountain to protect metal spawns and down on the beach to allow easy travel with large tamed creatures. Have I not "made use" of all of that land? If I now have to put ceilings on top of every pillar it will be a HUGE area that is bald and void of resources.  I don't see how this will benefit anyone.  

And i I refuse to give up the land. Your game can barely handle my (relatively) minuscule base as it is and I don't want to deal with the lag of another tribe in my rendering range.  So if this is an attempt to free up space it's not going to work.  I would rather deal with traversing a great distance to resources than having another tribe build close enough to me to decrease performance.

This "solution" is  not that, but will only amplify the problem.  Again please have SOMEONE on the staff that is in touch with the official community.

(PS - to any frustrated new players looking for land to build on in PVE, be patient, start small and scope the map for bases approaching "demolish allowed!".  Look for broken walls and open doors for signs of someone who has really quit playing."

This isn't a perfect solution but how about something like:  All small structures (1x1, 1x2) now decay 10x faster around all mountains regardless if they are a building with walls, ceiling, and door frame or not, and now take 6x damage.  This also would affect pillars and solo placed foundations.  

All solo placed, stacked pillars, or single foundations can not be placed unless a tribe structure is in proximity of it.  So you literally have to build a base in a certain area (like a 2x2 or bigger) in order to try and pillar spam or foundation spam, as well as keep track of the affected radius if you want to cover an entire mountain properly (this radius/proximity it allows can also be as big or small as you want).  All stacked pillars in a certain close radius of a base will allow normal decay timers.  This will allow resources to still spawn and not block creature spawns, but also protect the immediate area around your base.

So basically what needs to happen is something more complicated that makes it more of a pain in the butt to block more important resources.

1 minute ago, Chewytowel said:

This isn't a perfect solution but how about something like:  All small structures (1x1, 1x2) now decay 10x faster around all mountains regardless if they are a building with walls, ceiling, and door frame or not, and now take 6x damage.  This also would affect pillars and solo placed foundations.  

All solo placed, stacked pillars, or single foundations can not be placed unless a tribe structure is in proximity of it.  So you literally have to build a base in a certain area (like a 2x2 or bigger) in order to try and pillar spam or foundation spam, as well as keep track of the affected radius if you want to cover an entire mountain properly (this radius/proximity it allows can also be as big or small as you want).  All stacked pillars in a certain close radius of a base will allow normal decay timers.  This will allow resources to still spawn and not block creature spawns, but also protect the immediate area around your base.

So basically what needs to happen is something more complicated that makes it more of a pain in the butt to block more important resources.

First point is kind of negated by ORP.

They really should have just given warning.  Plain and simple.

Well a change perhaps in coding could make solo pillars and foundations not covered by orp, or small buildings even.  On pve I'm sure most won't have a problem building at least a 2x2 that has walls and ceilings.

Edit:  But again anything placed in proximity of your tribes base will have orp, including solo placed stacked pillars.  Again this isn't an elegant solution, but one that leads down a more complicated road.

ya it certianly changes things, now your just going to see foundation spam all over the map causeing spawns to be horrid(this is exactly the same thing that happend last time they screwed with pillars). whats the saying, those who ignore history are deemed to repeat it?

So now after about 2 weeks of insaine ticket volume because peoples bases are getting built around or inside of, and also the complete lack of being able to protect what little spawns are left on most of these maps they will put things right back to the way they used to be and everyone will just have to build thousands of more pillars again. So dumb

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

R.I.P resources, officially have none left on my island 9_9

7C7948498146847FF4DF414ABCBAADED4B92331D

Thats pretty much the crossroads I am at right now, I either become the very devil iv kept at bay for two years protecting herby island or I let the local troll have his way and hes gonna do the exact same thing (pillar+ceiling) everything so its integrity vs pride.

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, Dracul said:

Thats pretty much the crossroads I am at right now, I either become the very devil iv kept at bay for two years protecting herby island or I let the local troll have his way and hes gonna do the exact same thing (pillar+ceiling) everything so its integrity vs pride.

Yeah, especially since the pixels tribes started establishing on the other side:

9AD88339F41090504DC54E504FB100AEF0B99EBC

I really don't understand WC. I mean, they add ORP to fight griefs but then prevent people from protecting their yards from Box Trolls...

If this was in response to the few Ragnarok servers getting buried in pillars, then implement it only on those servers.

If they want this to stay on PvE servers, then nodes need to be protected no build zones (but a very small diameter, please).

If this is in response to newbs (thinking ahead to launch day newbs, presumably), then make sections of new character zone-in beaches "thatch only" build zones.  

PS:   The last idea makes me cry, since I have newb beach front property.  But I really don't want to gate everything.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Dracul said:

Well I opted for pride over integrity and stoned my own metal nodes and spawns. My logic is if wildcard undoes this crap all I need to do is  demo some stone ceilings, if not well we are on a downward spiral anyways.

All other metal spawns will be blocked soon enough anyway. At least if you have some, you can demo the ceilings, wait 90 minutes, farm them, then replace the ceilings. -_-

this is only a problem of officials. if they changed the parameter to allow how close someone can build to another, by say 4 or 5x, this would be an issue. 

also, if you can get plans up outside your base, and set them to long range, and have them attack players and tames only, no one will get close to you. create your own maginot line of plant turrets, backed up by auto turrets. 

also, place metal spikes everywhere.

Yea its basically the hunger games now. Wildcard you guys need to use ur brains and think before you act. You're avtimg like children and i really hope word gets out about how you are ruining your own game. Since you care so much about hype i hope this goes somewhere more public so we stop seeing only the "good" propaganda but the bad as well. In short..i hope ppl call u out for your misdeeds.

1 hour ago, TheLordTailfin said:

Yea its basically the hunger games now. Wildcard you guys need to use ur brains and think before you act.

Need to use WAT? :D

Honestly, I dont really understand WC... dont they have a TEAM to discuss ideas before they implement changes? Design meetings? Brainstorming? Discussing it with the community? (well.. the last one is blasphemy in their office for sure)

All of their hasty changes (flyer nerf, BP nerf, now this pillar thingie) looks like a decision of a single guy, smoking weed in a jakuzzi  and implementing the first idea what pops in his drugged mind....

Otherwise they are doing really great job on items they have their roadmap, but somehow they can't respond properly to the issues coming up during player "testing".

Archived