Changes to Pillar Structure Decay!

Jatheish

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

No, there will be plenty of room for people to build. Hopefully people won't get greedy again because that's what the real problem is. Not the noobs. To me noobs are way more important than the old players

Care to explain why?

the only thing this 'change' will do is make all the servers wastelands again - we are established, we dont really need more metal or land so I suspect a part of the player base will just throw foundations all over. New players get no resources and still have no place to build - what exactly was achieved?

3 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Hopefully people won't get greedy again

Ok... all the current greedy ppl will somehow magically turn into non-greedy ppl because of a wipe?
Are you kidding me?

Idk if you dont have the mental capability to realize it, so i explain it to you:

Greedyness isnt the problem of a small determinable group of players inside ark.
Its a GENERAL PROBLEM OF HUMANS.
So yes, your asking for a wipe (tho im all for a wipe, but not for this reason, since its absolutely no solution) is complete bullcrap...

Nice job.. we just lost our whole waterbase, which consisted of pillars stacked on top of another until they were above the sea level.

That was thousands of stone pillars and a lot of work, thanks.

I guess our 5 dimetrodons that you killed with a previous patch a weeks ago that made dinos drown wasn't enough (because unfortunately, they won't lay eggs outside the water..).

There was a lot of thought put into that..

11 minutes ago, bertrob2 said:

watch and see I won't give out the secret on the forum to warn anyone. I am coming for your servers. Might want to read all of it again on everything they have done to fix issues since day one. Because I have been playing that long. And there is one pve server i am going for first..? 

and do what? theres no offline damage so feel free to train as many dinos as you like, wont make the blindest bit of difference

1 minute ago, Fealthion said:

and do what? theres no offline damage so feel free to train as many dinos as you like, wont make the blindest bit of difference

The moment you log into a flock of 10 gigas chilling in your base...
ORP is no solution at all, just like the pillar crap they are doing right now.

1 minute ago, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

I can count the number of times I've seen wild gigas on 1 hand and your chances of getting 10 anywhere near a base are non existent. Not to mention the fact that a 4+ high stone or metal wall makes it redundant

I started playing again, a month after leaving for a business trip and spent a week trying to find a server that I could build on. Most of the servers had between 3-5 large tribes that set up pillars and bases on roughly 2/3 of the map leaving only the snow biome and swamp to build in, then would log in once a week to maintain their herds.

2 minutes ago, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

dang it.. That is one of the secrets..lol I told him to read everything again. If he can't understand all the dynamics well RIP..lol but yes people can still do things like this..lol

Just now, Fealthion said:

I can count the number of times I've seen wild gigas on 1 hand and your chances of getting 10 anywhere near a base are non existent. Not to mention the fact that a 4+ high stone or metal wall makes it redundant

I was ofc exaggerating, 1 giga is enough, render/derender the ppls base often enough and even a 5 gates thick behe gate wall will be jokes on that giga, it will then be stuck inside your base, if ppl know where your pen is, gg.
Same works with titanos.
Idk why you close your eyes on serious issues, but its okay, not my business.

Question to this how about walls of pillars to protect our bases like i found out today that our Bases on SE have missing loads of pillars Due to this i dont fancy loosing another 3 months of work go down the drain yet again.

So regarding my post today which i did not know that the changes was made until Pezi posted to my post today which you can read here 

Our tribe lost 3 whole bases due to players kiting/woundring as you call it  Rock Elementals  and wipeing out our bases. They even got away with it too after a month long dispute with Admins on SE PVE 801 

Hence why we put up metal pillars this time round as this stops this happening and with Metal Gates too.

His my problem i have now see this post i posted to day under bugs as NO information on this timer was made very public and only if you read the forums which in my book is not very helpful if players DON NOT READ THEM all the time.

If your going to do things like this at least make a   Pop up or some sort of notification that your doing this for those who do not read the forums  

The only issue I see with this is that trolls are going to spawn block the hell out of servers now for fun.  On pvp servers they'll prob do it with Tek foundations all over the place, and this is because pillars can no longer act as a defensive countermeasure to this kind of abuse.  And yes you can blow them up, but are you willing to blow up hundreds of these when they can easily do it again and again?  

What will happen is that these areas will end up being protected now by walls of turret towers most likely. Oh and PVE is a whole other story obviously.  I bet people are already starting to spam foundations right this very second.

I have 5k+ hours in pve. This change does more damage than good. I protect several metal hotspots with pillars, so that the community will always have metal. I've waited weeks for troll/noob bases built on metal to expire so I can reclaim the resources for the good of the server. Now with that out the window, I expect to log on later today to find many of these sites foundation bombed by trolls and griefers.

Yes, pillar land grabbing is an issue, I agree. But this issue stems from overpopulation problems that nearly every pve server has.

Taking the only option we have to protect resources is enabling these trolls to grief servers once again, and we can only sit and watch it all burn.

What about pillars inside our own bases? What about people who use pillars for walls? Or pillars to create invisible bridg supports? One tribe on our server has nearly his entire base held up on this fashion, and I expect to see their base totally wrecked and probably some lost dinos. What of they lost a lot of good bps or precious mats kept in storages held up by them?

I understand that pillar land grabbing makes for an unpleasant experience for new players. My server is at tame cap most of the time, and we urge the new people to choose another server as it will only hurt both of us. Why should we care about someone not being able to place a campfire (that they likely are going to abandon) of we cannot hatch or tame anymore? This may sound cruel but we try to flush out the new players because it hurts us more and more by them sticking around.

This change really only exposes is to more griefing than before. There is really no other way to look at it, and I guarantee that anyone who has been on pve for any reasonable amount of time will agree.

27 minutes ago, Mithrandir said:

Nice job.. we just lost our whole waterbase, which consisted of pillars stacked on top of another until they were above the sea level.

That was thousands of stone pillars and a lot of work, thanks.

I guess our 5 dimetrodons that you killed with a previous patch a weeks ago that made dinos drown wasn't enough (because unfortunately, they won't lay eggs outside the water..).

There was a lot of thought put into that..

should of used foundations to connect the pillars.

45 minutes ago, bertrob2 said:

Fix this issue by putting decay timer shorter on pillars and everything pvpve with offline protection. Now you are no longer protected from the games mechanics.

Won't work. People will do fence foundation + pillar to get around this, or foundation and fence foundation. I had a 12 stacks of stone foundations still in a vault so I replaced all of my pillars with foundations and fence foundations. This just isn't a proper fix.

43 minutes ago, bertrob2 said:

watch and see I won't give out the secret on the forum to warn anyone. I am coming for your servers. Might want to read all of it again on everything they have done to fix issues since day one. Because I have been playing that long. And there is one pve server i am going for first..? 

This is the same dynamic they did for 2 days during the changes. When you place a pillar and ceiling together they become a foundation for all intents and purposes. If they crippled the decay of this combination you end up destroying the way some bases function. 

Remember, only a structure that nulls spawns in the area will have the normal decay time. That's essentially a pillar and ceiling. In the end, I had 12 stacks of stone foundations in a vault with the rest of my stuff as I've build a bridge network connecting redwoods to jungle, to north and south tropical, to half burnt and to lava island. 2.2 million stone ceilings.

Getting all my pillars replaced with foundations + fence foundation is a none issue and took 30 minutes.

This is not a fix, not in anyway and now newbies won't have any dinos which as a player who only build and doesn't deal with dinos, that's going to be a problem for them.

so let me get this straight

my building, which had to be built on pillars because of the shoddy snap and build options supplied are useless with ground levels, will now be destroyed because the pillar ceiling combo doesn't work either? or am I reading this wrong?

so now I have to go around and try to locate all the dino's stored in said building (constant breeding pen with aircon) who were left on wonder?

BS!!!!

Archived