Changes to Pillar Structure Decay!

Jatheish

I think it is funny how everyone reacted to this post because they were the ones who pillar land claimed everything..lmao? this post is for you, because if you didn't pillar land claim everything then it wouldn't have been an issue in the first place now would it? Congratulations on shooting your self in the foot scenario..lol

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bertrob2 said:

I think it is funny how everyone reacted to this post because they were the ones who pillar land claimed everything..lmao? this post is for you, because if you didn't pillar land claim everything then it wouldn't have been an issue in the first place now would it? Congratulations on shooting your self in the foot scenario..lol

The problem is, all they have to do now is throw a ceiling on each of the pillars. They care more about their claimed land than giving it up other players who could do the same thing in destroying spawns.

So a bandaid fix to a bandaid fix? ¬¬ Come on now, grab one of your codemonkeys sit them down and have them hammer out a dynamic claim block system and retool decay timers for structures outside of said claim block range. Local troll on my server already had pillar/ceiling combos over 30% of the southeastern corner of theisland, and he dosnt have more than a dozen dinos! All he does is timer watch and bed hop once a day, probably across multiple servers and has been doing it for over a year now.

Logged in and checked all my double pillars are gone while his remain, along with his thatch and pillar/ceiling combos and giant compensating for his tiny endowment thatch tower.

8609874B1E578C49D5A33A651FC6330069A2EE72

B681E3FC47D1D3776C3C0257DA57A742BD2F5133E87937CB579AE9BAE08270D9F0D35EE82F0BDC46

And thats just herby island, entire SE corner of the map looks like this (except for the tower, only one of them around so far). Iv kept the metal nodes safe for new players for over two years here and now I dont know if I care anymore, its hard to fight both trolls and wildcard to keep a server enjoyable for everyone.

so you joined a server and whined because you couldn't place a campfire?

Welcome to Ark! - rather than complain that the 'established' players have pillars in sensitive locations ask yourself why they are there. The answer is that the game mechanics mean everytime a new player puts a thatch foundation down nothing spawns around it. Other have already mentioned the wasteland the PVE servers became before players took matters into their own hands and pillared them.

My tribe has herb pillared, why? because it has some metal nodes, good resources and isnt that dangerous - we also do not prevent anyone landing there to harvest, nor are we griefing. We are protecting the server and its players from wildcards PVP orientated 'gameplay'.

Here's a suggestion - rather than worry about pillar timeouts so the wasteland can return why dont the devs actually ban players from creating chars on any server thats already hit the tame limit.... oh wait that would mean them having to invest money in new servers.

@Jat Most PVE servers I play on had all resource nodes blocked off so noobs couldn't spawn there, but had a public forge so everyone could still mine there. Now 2 or 3 of the servers are already blocked with foundations from chinese tribes trolling. Did you even think about why 80% of the pillars are there? You drop noobs on an island with no knowledge of the game, they don't know that building on resource nodes will make them unable to spawn again, thats why the experienced players blocked the area. Same with people building massive locked bases at spawnpoints just because they spawned there. Do you even know how many times we had new players spawn inside someones building and couldn't get out? If this is because of the official release coming up, you better prepare for a massive load of new players complaining about spawning inside houses, because that is what WILL HAPPEN because of what you guys did with this update.

4 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Good ideas guys. Keep up the good work and fighting the good fight. Thanks for stopping bad people from ruining others gaming experiences 

Inb4 seeing you complaing about it when you realize your server has no more metal, crystal, obsidian spawns left, because ppl cannot protect them now and noobs feel like they have to build on top of them ;)

5 minutes ago, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

Inb4 seeing you complaing about it when you realize your server has no more metal, crystal, obsidian spawns left, because ppl cannot protect them now and noobs feel like they have to build on top of them

If they had more room in the first place and that wasn't their only choice then they probably wouldn't do it. Still gotta blame the selfish people.

think think this is just a little bit of karma. They didn't care about others and now nobody cares about them ?

We're simply gonna need more servers, WC. People want elbow room, and ARK doesn't necessarily have a small playerbase. I understand that'd cost money, and that just because your game's done well doesn't indicate that you're lounging on cash, but I feel like it's the most simple solution. 

That, or there needs to be an emphasis on Dedicated servers. Sponsored Dedicated servers? Dedicated server spotlights? 

8 minutes ago, Fealthion said:

so you joined a server and whined because you couldn't place a campfire?

Welcome to Ark! - rather than complain that the 'established' players have pillars in sensitive locations ask yourself why they are there. The answer is that the game mechanics mean everytime a new player puts a thatch foundation down nothing spawns around it. Other have already mentioned the wasteland the PVE servers became before players took matters into their own hands and pillared them.

My tribe has herb pillared, why? because it has some metal nodes, good resources and isnt that dangerous - we also do not prevent anyone landing there to harvest, nor are we griefing. We are protecting the server and its players from wildcards PVP orientated 'gameplay'.

Here's a suggestion - rather than worry about pillar timeouts so the wasteland can return why dont the devs actually ban players from creating chars on any server thats already hit the tame limit.... oh wait that would mean them having to invest money in new servers.

don't get me wrong. Not complaining here..lol

First issue with pve servers were was people built huts or foundation everywhere log out and never return. Foundation stayed there. To fix issue added in decay timer to remove players stuff that no longer play that crowded the server.? now people were able to play.

issue two pillar land claiming once these players boxes disappeared. Again now crowding the servers and causing issues. Now new players are unable to play on your official server without your say so? Fix this issue by putting decay timer shorter on pillars and everything pvpve with offline protection. Now you are no longer protected from the games mechanics.

issue three build better walls and defenses. That you never had before and didn't need because pve there was no need for it..lol

issue four now pvp players are coming for your server. To fix this you cry to the devs that now you need to watch your back..lol I am coming for your servers. 

1 hour ago, Darkintellect said:

According to the proposed dynamic, yes it will. Read the details of the dynamic.

watch and see I won't give out the secret on the forum to warn anyone. I am coming for your servers. Might want to read all of it again on everything they have done to fix issues since day one. Because I have been playing that long. And there is one pve server i am going for first..? 

1 hour ago, bertrob2 said:

@Jat thank you. I joined a pve server yester day and I couldn't even put a fire pit down to cook meat to eat. There were pillars every where. The only thing I could do is build a house in the water since that was the only place I could build. Spend 8 hours just trying to build it up above water level just to make a storage box and sign out. This pilled land claiming is ridicules. 

First off I want to say that I am happy for you! And yes I am serious. There has been way too many players ruining your play experience as well as players like you. I am glad to see wildcard has come to help you guys. 

Mall the others cared about was themselves and they thought their experience was more important than yours. WC has let them know that they are not that special and certainly not more important than you or the others that have had a hard time being able to even start playing.

once again, congrats man

Archived