Changes to Pillar Structure Decay!

Jatheish

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Darkintellect said:

That's a yes but this problem will likely get resolved before then. Also, now you've moved on to attacking me and the idea. That doesn't help and generally disregards anything you've said up to this point.

I did not attack anyone, i pointed out facts. Im sorry if you felt attacked by my writings, wasnt my intention.

Just now, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

I did not attack anyone, i pointed out facts. Im sorry if you felt attacked by my writings, wasnt my intention.

When I said "Attack", I used the term liberally. "ppl like you saying "thats a case of clapping hands twice and its done" also refuse to proof their points... so ye... dream on, it wont be solved."

That's what I was referring to but what I meant was it doesn't help solve the issue.

3 minutes ago, Darkintellect said:

I've done something better, after the numerous methods, I detailed the best possible solution that I've found after extensive work that would fix the overall problem.

awesome, now make them do it...best go to reddit and post it there, because chances are higher they're reading it and replying.

6 minutes ago, Darkintellect said:

That's what I was referring to but what I meant was it doesn't help solve the issue.

Ok, may i call you god from now on?

I mean, this is a DISCUSSION.
You suggested something, i pointed out why i dont think its a good suggestion with reasons.
Yet you come and tell me im not helping to solve the issue.
Sooo, you always act like your opinion is the the only truth?
Just accept that others may not like what you post and all is good.

Btw. your idea was implemented in reign of kings 4 years ago... you're not the genious you try to act like...

daMN, this thread got toxic... more servers = win (i read through this entire thread).. and I think it would be really interesting to have "fresh start" servers at launch day. Meaning, no transfer to that server. Like lvl 1.. day 1.. (purely an optional server for new/newer players that forces a new survivor). Also, morons that block off waterways with gates..  that is more annoying than the fact no place to play. 

Just thoughts from a newer player to Ark.. 

It won't help Jat. Players will just switch to foundations. If you nerf that they will use 2 foundations. Sure it's more costly, but that won't stop people.

Wildcard Will hopefully stop making weird rules/laws based on player actions. Like slow flying birds when C4 is attached... why would a bird fly slow when C4 is attached?

why would a lone pillar have different de-spawning rates than any other structure?

Stop making weird rules... it's better to fix these issues using game mechanics that actually make sense.

14 minutes ago, Darkintellect said:

When I said "Attack", I used the term liberally. "ppl like you saying "thats a case of clapping hands twice and its done" also refuse to proof their points... so ye... dream on, it wont be solved."

Okay stop detracting from the main issue guys . And no I still disagree with u. Its better to just better to make enough servers to accommodate demand. The game was designed to be played online. So make sure there are enough servers. Relying on these hodge podge stop gap solutions doesn't work. You can't save pennies this way. it detracts from the fun the community is having online...and so help me God i sure hope there is some ppl outside ark who care about the poop thats going on here. 

11 minutes ago, methylphenidathydrochlorid said:

Ok, may i call you god from now on?

I mean, this is a DISCUSSION.
You suggested something, i pointed out why i dont think its a good suggestion with reasons.
Yet you come and tell me im not helping to solve the issue.
Sooo, you always act like your opinion is the the only truth?
Just accept that others may not like what you post and all is good.

Btw. your idea was implemented in reign of kings 4 years ago... you're not the genious you try to act like...

This is what I'm talking about. In no way do I consider myself "God" as you claim. I'm also not taking some form of credit against a sense of intellectual property rights. Let's stick to the topic at hand instead of flying off the handle please.

brilliant, logged on to find all the metal pillars surrounding our walls to deter wild giga's are gone, many hours wasted and now anyone can kite wild gigas to the base and destroy 1000's of hours of work.

The pillars were right next to walls and not out in the open stopping others from placing structures.  Did I miss the advance notice that this was to take effect?

7 minutes ago, TheLordTailfin said:

Okay stop detracting from the main issue guys . And no I still disagree with u. Its better to just better to make enough servers to accommodate demand. The game was designed to be played online. So make sure there are enough servers. Relying on these hodge podge stop gap solutions doesn't work. You can't save pennies this way. it detracts from the fun the community is having online...and so help me God i sure hope there is some ppl outside ark who care about the poop thats going on here. 

Completely agree with more servers but we then run into an issue of capital. Wildcard has a finite amount and more so as the game continues to run with fewer and fewer sales. Maintaining servers, increasing servers both are manpower and money, in a sense, capital.

Another suggestion was to hire an additional team of CSR specifically to go about the 100s of servers and eliminate pillars that did this. That brings up the same issue of capital but on an egregious level and introduces the uncertainty of he-said/she-said.

I'm hoping for a solution that requires little to no use of such and is a one time solution.

So, Did the dev's completely overlook the fact that pillars are a key part in keeping servers functional ? the only reason anyone can play on servers at the moment is because important resources and dino spawns are protected by elder players of the servers. We have lives, we cannot be expected to log on every 8 or so hours to make sure that pillar timers are refreshed.. not to mention that all of our pillars have already been destroyed... ffs what were they thinking.. the devs should be smart enough to know that the pillar problem on ragnarok would fade away in the next month or two.. this pillar change was such a brash and unplanned action, and is going to take a huge toll on every server. The devs seriously need to add a way to protect spawns... or the devs should put protection over every single metal, obsidian, crystal, and beaver spawn on the servers.

11 minutes ago, Darkintellect said:

Another suggestion was to hire an additional team of CSR specifically to go about the 100s of servers and eliminate pillars that did this. That brings up the same issue of capital but on an egregious level and introduces the uncertainty of he-said/she-said.

Yea....I'd suggest hire 2-3 teams to satisfy our needs finally, and while they're at it, they can spend more money for better servers too.

Love your suggestions, they are so..umm...realistic

10 minutes ago, SilverScythe said:

So, Did the dev's completely overlook the fact that pillars are a key part in keeping servers functional ? the only reason anyone can play on servers at the moment is because important resources and dino spawns are protected by elder players of the servers. We have lives, we cannot be expected to log on every 8 or so hours to make sure that pillar timers are refreshed.. not to mention that all of our pillars have already been destroyed... ffs what were they thinking.. the devs should be smart enough to know that the pillar problem on ragnarok would fade away in the next month or two.. this pillar change was such a brash and unplanned action, and is going to take a huge toll on every server. The devs seriously need to add a way to protect spawns... or the devs should put protection over every single metal, obsidian, crystal, and beaver spawn on the servers.

Honestly, giving metal/crystal/oil/obsidian nodes the same restrictive field as a foundation but reduced by 50% would be the best solution. This could be done by Wildcard because to create no build radius like what's been done in the past was done by the developers of that particular map.

That becomes an issue because you're then depending on the three map developers of Ragnarok and of the one of TheCenter.

3 minutes ago, Godan said:

Yea....I'd suggest hire 2-3 teams to satisfy our needs finally, and while they're at it, they can spend more money for better servers too.

Love your suggestions, they are so..umm...realistic

That wasn't my suggestion, that was someone elses and was adding to my point that they are operating at limited capital and to do any of that would be unrealistic. Please, if you could, reread it and the earlier comments.

@Jat thank you. I joined a pve server yester day and I couldn't even put a fire pit down to cook meat to eat. There were pillars every where. The only thing I could do is build a house in the water since that was the only place I could build. Spend 8 hours just trying to build it up above water level just to make a storage box and sign out. This pilled land claiming is ridicules. 

I have read the whole of this thread.

I will be very careful what i say, because last time I posted, one of the MoDS found a reason to ban me with a "2 account against eula" bs (I dont have 2 accounts)

Anyway whats very clear- Hey we are announcing a new map called Ragnarok and yes for the 50-100k player at peak times, there will only be a total of 600 slots global.

Hmm lets think about what the first problem here might be (apart from the unfinished map)

Servers- Overcrowded, most PVE servers STILL at dino cap (regardless of the Act first think later reactions, implementing the "500" dino tribe limit, which in effect broke tribes up, didnt make them bigger/bring them together)

So to summarise- We need more official servers. You cant announce at the biggest gaming event of the year a massive free DLC that only 600 players of your fanbase/playerbase can play.  (unless they want to play on modded servers, which not everyone does)

@Jat @Jen this needs a little more thought, than this reactionary action again, it needs a well thought out plan, listening to the fan/player base. If you wont increase the number of servers, then please look at this again.

Archived