Changes to Pillar Structure Decay!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey guys,

Lone Pillars that are connected to non-spawn blocking structures will be destroyed on Official Servers after 12 hours.Decay time is otherwise unaffected for all other types of structures. Our intent is for players who claim land to make use of the land, and not just hold it. We'll be monitoring this change to see whether it has an effect on pillar claiming and make changes as necessary. This change is only on our Official Servers, but Unofficial Servers will soon gain the functionality to make this change.

Thanks,

Jat

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is both good and bad. Good because the rag servers were overrun with pillars, but bad because on PVE pillars are the only way to stop nubs from ruining the server with foundations on metal spawns.  This change should go hand in hand with a no build zone change within a certain radius of resources spawns like metal, crystal, obsidian and the like.

2 minutes ago, ChilliBean said:

This is both good and bad. Good because the rag servers were overrun with pillars, but bad because on PVE pillars are the only way to stop nubs from ruining the server with foundations on metal spawns.  This change should go hand in hand with a no build zone change within a certain radius of resources spawns like metal, crystal, obsidian and the like.

I totally agree !

You NEED to implement "no build zones" on rare ressources spawns on PVE servers if you reduce the decay timer of pillars !

welcome back to griefers and foundation spammers....

Bye bye metal spawns and beaver dams!

I think you have no idea HOW MANY griefers actually are in this game...play the game on official (not just on your private server with devs and some chosen ones) and see yourself.

..and I guess all my details in my buildings, like the pillars I have on every corner running down from a ceiling without connection to a foundation will be affected too

@Jat your knee jerk reactions have caused more harm than good the past. If anything you should sit back, think long and hard, maybe ask around and then do something. If you change the decay timer on pillars with the intent to wipe them out soon you will be seeing posts about people's bases being hemmed in and new players/trolls blocking spawns of dinos or resources. Do you remember when everyone couldn't find enough food to feed their pets and servers were dying? Ark needs wide empty spaces. Your game is designed that way. YOU of all people should know that. So please control yourself, think for a minute and think of a better solution. =.=

Btw, incase of the pillar wars going on in Ragnarok - what did you expect by releasing an unfinished, not tested map with 3 pve servers for NA and 3 pve servers for EU only to have something to announce on E3? The first 100 tribes got their land pillared and the other thousands of people who tried to join on the full servers a day later, are now complaining about the pillars. and can't find a spot. I mean seriously...3 servers??

Also the non rideable griffins in the first night (what happened to the saddles at all?), and the lvl 450+ tamebale bears show me how prepared that approach was....like always.

Its like you guys are cheaping out again. There is only ONE OC server. ONE. For the whole Oceania region. How does that make sense? And worse this was a FREE update....which means tons of people waiting in line to get in! of course there are pillar wars going on. You're literally fighting THOUSANDS of people for a little space to call your own. This is a crisis of your own making. 

1 hour ago, Jat said:

We'll be monitoring this change to see whether it has an effect on pillar claiming and make changes as necessary. 

Well done, you just handed control of all PvE servers over to the trolls and griefers. 

What are you doing in conjunction with this change to stop that from happening?  You can't possibly have not realised this would happen.

So its appears that the silent majority loose to the griefers and trolls. It seems that a few pitchfork carrying screamers have caused a knee jerk reaction. Did anyone even attempt to do internal testing before a roll-out? Doubt it. The obvious solution would be to add enough servers to accommodate the player base. Then collect data over time to find a viable solution to the actual problem. 

Archived