Anything on EA players getting something?

SirSwir1

I believe that Jat said on the subreddit that these preorder bonuses will only be exclusive for the first few months after launch. After that there will be some way to obtain those skins for everyone.

However I do believe that EA players should get some kind of special skin. I wouldn't be too upset if we didn't though.

31 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

I guess I can kind of see what people are saying, but I honestly don't care if I get anything or not. I've paid less than retail and enjoyed the game for almost 2 years ahead of anyone who buys it for the first time in August.... shrug.

I agree with you, but also we technically did pre-order so would be cool, like said above we just have a few rubbish hats and a saddle skin that never gets used ¬¬

5 hours ago, IllegalAnchovy said:

However I do believe that EA players should get some kind of special skin.

We did get a special skin. Don't you remember we got that ultra cool Parasaur saddle skin with the Ark logo branding on it. Maybe you've just forgotten because it's on all your Parasaur and you see it everyday.

if I were them, I'd wait until release to announce anything that they'd give the EA players.  That way, it gives incentive for people to buy the full copy, earning them more money, rather than giving people more reason to purchase the EA version now.

sure would be nice to get something in the end though...but even if it's just the full game for a heavy discount, I'm pretty happy with that

5 minutes ago, perk8504 said:

if I were them, I'd wait until release to announce anything that they'd give the EA players.  That way, it gives incentive for people to buy the full copy, earning them more money, rather than giving people more reason to purchase the EA version now.

sure would be nice to get something in the end though...but even if it's just the full game for a heavy discount, I'm pretty happy with that

18 minutes ago, Teddansen said:

We also got the game for a fraction of its retail cost so don't forget about that 

How much is the discount we got? 

7 hours ago, SuperGenki said:

We did get a special skin. Don't you remember we got that ultra cool Parasaur saddle skin with the Ark logo branding on it. Maybe you've just forgotten because it's on all your Parasaur and you see it everyday.

Point taken, however we are talking about a skin for a saddle for 1 early tame herbivore. Whereas the pre order bonus is 5 full body skins for both early and later game tames. I would argue that in comparison, we got the short end of the stick, despite being alpha testers.

13 hours ago, SirSwir1 said:

I for some reason wanted to look at the game online and stumbled across this for preorder owners. I sure as hell am not paying for the game again. Does anyone know if we get these skins as well or do you believe we should. After all we did kinda preorder in a way if you know what I mean.

ark.jpg

EA players shouldn't get anything. We have already gotten to play thousands of hours before the others, gaining a pretty big unfair advantage against the new people.

not just that but we paid a lot lower of a dollar amount then they did. New players that are paying full price are the ones that need the extras

Archived