[PS4] Character Transfer Question

OK,

So I'm running my own server on The Center. And I will be moving my server to the Ragnarok map when it comes out. Now I've been doing some research to prepare, ie. transfer items, dinos, etc... BUT for the life of me I can't find the Upload Character Data button. I only see Travel To Anoter Ark. I know I'm not crazy, because I used this featur to go from the island, to SE, and finally to The Center in the past. Have I lost my mind? What am I doing wrong here.

This is PS4 btw. Just doing research before July 4th.

When you are is the obe it should be in the center of the screen below the middle box where your stats are. I haven't been on since the new update so they may have moved it since then. I'm on ps4 also. It's annoying when pc player put there fixes in because they usually are something that we can't do. 

Are you using an obe or a transmitter?

It's driving all the guys crazy on my server as well. Because doesn't it create a bit of a problem if you want to switch your server to a new map and you want to bring your dinos, BUT you can't upload your character? Would seem like your character and dinos would go hand in hand. Can't believe more people aren't complaining about this.

If you are running your own server or on sp be sure the allow character/dino/item transfers. The new update might of reset your settings. I was on a non-dedicated this weekend and the upload character was below my stats when I went into an obi or transmitter. I wouldn't think that if your screen wasn't adjusted right that it would cut it off but it might.

Yes, "Travel to another Ark" is there, BUT this is not overly useful if you are trying to switch your OWN server to a new map, because your server is not going to show up on that list if you are already on it. Yes, I've heard you can trick the game into uploading your character if you choose a random server to join, but never creating a character on that server. That seems like an odd loop hole to get what you want and doesn't seem like an awfully dependable way to use a particular feature to get the same end result. ALSO, as a server admin, can you imagine the headache of trying to explain to your players to transfer to a random server, but NOT to load into a spawn point so that it tricks the game into keeping your character in the cloud.

3 minutes ago, Canes said:

If you are running your own server or on sp be sure the allow character/dino/item transfers. The new update might of reset your settings. I was on a non-dedicated this weekend and the upload character was below my stats when I went into an obi or transmitter. I wouldn't think that if your screen wasn't adjusted right that it would cut it off but it might.

I do have it turned on for my dedicated server, but it does not show up at the obby for any of my players, EXCEPT the ability to upload dinos and items. Yes, you are correct in that feature showing up in non-dedicated, but it was not showing up in dedicated. Had a few of my players looking into that as well, but to no avail. I've seem a few other posts on the internet showing the same problem, but it doesn't seem like a lot of people have noticed it yet.

We are having to using a temporary dedicated server that one of my players is setting up just to use as a "middle man" to upload our character data. Seems like an unnecessary step. 

Same issue for me. Trying to go from a mates private server to my dedicated server, not even able to click "join w/ survivor". Yes, transfer and download is allowed or enabled on both. Mates server is going to host Ragnarok come release, I was trying to get my donors to my own dedicated server beforehand. 

Can't figure this one out.

12 hours ago, linciln19560 said:

Same issue for me. Trying to go from a mates private server to my dedicated server, not even able to click "join w/ survivor". Yes, transfer and download is allowed or enabled on both. Mates server is going to host Ragnarok come release, I was trying to get my donors to my own dedicated server beforehand. 

Can't figure this one out.

Wow,

You're right. So not only is the Upload Character Data button missing,but the Travel to another ARK button doesn't fully work. Join/w Survivor stays greyed out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

B.S.!! This is garbage wildcard if your gonna take the option away permanently let us know or let us know what is happening, your forums are full of unanswered questions and seems to have even less moderator activity then a personal guild forum ran by players! You (wildcard) have a responsibility to these forums more than just community crunch! I don't care that jat uploaded more pics of a broken game, I care about the bug fixes, following tweets on top of following this forum is a big waste of time and why should I put in the time when obviously you guys don't

Archived