ARK: Digital Collector's Edition

GET YOURS NOW
aknarts

Ragnarok Not Available on Linux or Mac

So I was able to launch a server no problem on Linux, but for some reason Steam does not show the Ragnarok for download for  some reason even though I do have the DLC in my library, what is up with that? Tried verifying the game cache, I am tempted to just reinstall the game, but pretty sure that would not help.

Tried uninstalling too, no change, also different machine with different account the same result.

Edited by aknarts

we were able to update our linux server for ragarok without any problems

the windows users in my house can play multiplayer using our linux server with out any problems.

i run a linux client and it shows as being in my library.but will not download.

2 hours ago, Pezi said:

Same problem ... fyi ... ragnarok was downloaded but it was installed in the mod folder.

Pleeeeeease fix it :-(

You still probably subscribed to the mod, that is why it was downloaded to the mod folder. I remember similar issues when Center transitioned from mod to official map.

36 minutes ago, aknarts said:

You still probably subscribed to the mod, that is why it was downloaded to the mod folder. I remember similar issues when Center transitioned from mod to official map.

Before I "subscribed" to the DLC I have unsubscribed / removed all mods (incl. the Ragnarok Mod). After a fresh ARK reinstall this problem still exist.

ark_ragnarok_download.png

ark_ragnarok_mod.png

Edited by Pezi
added some images (ragnarok download and mod folder)

I haven't tried it, but in my play last night it was installed behind my back, and when I exited to the main menu I recall I was able to select it. I can't see it in my installed dll though... I do see it in Mods/Ragnarok, and I do not have that mod installed.

So I assume it works. I don't think it is regarded as a real DLC by steam.

To be clear: I haven't tried to play it. I have scorched earth for months now, and I never bothered to get off the island 8-D

Linux and Mac port are so badly developed...

They only did the minimum to port on those plateform in order to grab some more $$$ players $$$ on Steam but they do not care anymore. The game is still running with a buggy old unreal engine with graphical glitches that prevent you to play endgame. Even if this brand new ragnarok map would work, be sure that you could not really enjoy it to it potential because of these issues.

They do not even communicate on it when people ask them further detail about the roadmap on those plateform. This is lame !

I have the issue on Linux... downloaded the Ragnarok DLC via Steam (never had anything related to it installed previously), Steam shows Ragnarok in my Library. When I run ARK and pick Ragnarok and try to start a single player game, I get bounced to the Steam webpage to download Ragnarok.

14 hours ago, Zarx said:

Linux and Mac port are so badly developed...

They only did the minimum to port on those plateform in order to grab some more $$$ players $$$ on Steam but they do not care anymore. The game is still running with a buggy old unreal engine with graphical glitches that prevent you to play endgame. Even if this brand new ragnarok map would work, be sure that you could not really enjoy it to it potential because of these issues.

They do not even communicate on it when people ask them further detail about the roadmap on those plateform. This is lame !

Agree. Tried even open an issue here, but answer to all my problems was "I am not dev and I do not know when it will be fixed". After this answer issue was closed. Worst support ever.

18 hours ago, aknarts said:

Well I can now get into the game. The DLC still not in the list to be downloaded, but this is how it looks now.

that was what happened to me and the dlc didn't appear in the dlc list in the library but it says it is on the page for the DLC

1 hour ago, raaazboy said:

so linux and mac can't download until WC fixes this?

Well it usually means that the build was not uploaded for those platforms so yes WC needs to fix this or we are in the wrong place. In the mean time everybody is happy as long as they game on Windows, claiming all the spots and spoiling all the fun :D.

On 6/12/2017 at 8:07 PM, RSM518 said:

we were able to update our linux server for ragarok without any problems

the windows users in my house can play multiplayer using our linux server with out any problems.

i run a linux client and it shows as being in my library.but will not download.

I run Linux as well, and the same thing is true for me.  It says it's in my library, but it won't download after pressing the download button, and it is not installed.

23 hours ago, aknarts said:

Well it usually means that the build was not uploaded for those platforms so yes WC needs to fix this or we are in the wrong place. In the mean time everybody is happy as long as they game on Windows, claiming all the spots and spoiling all the fun :D.

It's not a question of build uploaded. It's just setting the right property on the dlc itself.

The center has exactly this property:

oslist  windows,macos,linux

Ragnarok has no oslist whatsoever, so I guess it defaults to windows, so on windows you will be able to install it.

I am going to try steamcmd to force download a dlc. But for now, the dlc is marked to not be compatible with mac and linux. And ark checks the steam registry if the dlc is installed. So how am I going to do that... Well, let's just try it.

But it is a kind of disturbing that something that seems as easy as setting the right properties on a dlc can take so much time.