Scorched Earth content now is free

Cucharon

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:37 AM, lolyouwish said:

I don't get it, how exactly is this a bad thing? Am I missing something? I paid for SE, and to my knowledge Ragnarok isn't exactly replacing it. Hell, the content itself has been available forever and a day through several mods.

Why someone would pay for Scorched now having Ragnarok?

Now the only you can't do without SE is go to that bugged map where you will be raided from underground extremly easy.

I'm still not seeing the problem. I don't play SE for PvP, I play it to survive the map and conditions that come with it. Ragnarok may have some SE content, but once more said content has been available for free for some time now thanks to mods. This isn't exactly a new thing, SE is still a great survival map to play on that as far as I am concerned was well worth the money.

Scorched Earth content has always been free, it's always been there as part of the base game. Those on official servers who don't have Scorched Earth have always been free to trade for or take by force the content from those that do, and on unofficial server and single player you've always been able to use mods to add the creatures and engrams or just spawn them in. The only thing exclusive to Scorched Earth that is not usable without paying for it is the map, which provides a completely different experience to any other available map, including Ragnorok.

I find it interesting that people keep thinking SE only exists for a couple dinos. Don't be surprised when the next two expansion's dinos show up on Ragnarok as well. A big point of Ragnarok is having all the content on a single map. Its amazing for people who want a standard experience but access to all the dinos without having to host multiple servers or spawn in dinos.

You buy SE for the map, not the dinos.

9 minutes ago, Yig said:

I find it interesting that people keep thinking SE only exists for a couple dinos. Don't be surprised when the next two expansion's dinos show up on Ragnarok as well. A big point of Ragnarok is having all the content on a single map. Its amazing for people who want a standard experience but access to all the dinos without having to host multiple servers or spawn in dinos.

So we buy SE for a glitchy map. Nice...

7 hours ago, Yig said:

Thats doubtful people wont pay for those dlc if they will get all the new content for free on ragnarok and the devs arent going to work for free either

Just how long will it take until one gets a 1:1 copy of the map for free on the workshop as well? It's not like they even bother to check on copied resources. And my first question remains: Why reducing the price of scorched earth by 66%, then releasing ragnarok - which features all the content for free - a week later? Sure, scorched earth's map may be special. But it's lacking support, is filled with bugs and is getting not any updates/new dinos.

A silly deal, that leaves a bitter sweet taste for those of us, who decided to come back to the game once more.

yeah its kinda annoying that SE only unique element now is that its bloody hot! whilst every other map has fantastic variety of dino's and caves , the best thing about SE is that nobody plays it peak hours rarely exceed 30 players on my server 90% of the time its 10-15 players or less whilst ragnarok is having an immigration crisis haha, i really love scorched and do hope they add some more caves! manticore arena ruins are screaming out PUT A CAVE IN MEEEE! 

Aside from the fact that there were ways to get the content free and owning the SE map, you also go to play it for a year ahead of everyone who didn't buy it!
Ark is $15 right now, I paid $30.  Should I petition Wildcard for a $15 rebate? Even if I paid $60 it doesn't matter because I've been playing the game for 3 years.
This game has grown, evolved and surpassed any other game out there in terms of replayability, and new free content.  No matter what content you did or didn't pay for, I think everyone has gotten more than there money's worth out of this game!

You did not purchase the creatures and items that are found on Scorched Earth, you can spawn all those goodies and creatures in even if you do not own the expansion, you paid for the map.

EDIT: This is very likely how the two post-release expansions will be treated. A large update that adds in items and creatures, and an option for you to purchase the map that those specific things are primarily found on.

Plus, SE is actually a really beautiful and well done map and differs from the other three maps in massive ways.

On 16/6/2017 at 0:48 PM, Kapy said:

Anyway, I brought it up to the support and got an answer now from GM Aeolus:

... "I would like to thank you for all of the feed back provided here, and I will bring it up to the development team. "

Lets see if this goes anywhere...perhaps they'll find this thread even someday.

proof.png

Haha, thats a generic reply. Im pretty sure I've the exact same text on a ticket for a different issue.

Archived