Need more ragnarok servers

Victor117

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Rubberduck said:

WE need regional locks, and divided into more regions prhaps spanish, german, chinese, englis,h russian etc etc servers

Yeah same problems at our server in eu,, peak reach 160+/70, 

maybe not for every single country but for Europe as a whole. most important is, to lock the chinese on their own servers.

2 hours ago, Vaskur said:

maybe not for every single country but for Europe as a whole. most important is, to lock the chinese on their own servers.

Realistically you'll get English and Chinese servers.

English is the international language and isn't really an issue for region locking. Behavior is however and you need to region lock the Chinese because of their locust like behavior. 

Region lock them and they'll devour themselves.

4 hours ago, Darkintellect said:

English is the international language and isn't really an issue for region locking. Behavior is however and you need to region lock the Chinese because of their locust like behavior. 

Exactly. Had contact with many different players... but none have been as toxic as chinese streamers are. Not because the try to wipe everyone who isn't chinese but just translate what kind of comments are written in their stream... racist bs at it's finest.

8 minutes ago, Vaskur said:

Exactly. Had contact with many different players... but none have been as toxic as chinese streamers are. Not because the try to wipe everyone who isn't chinese but just translate what kind of comments are written in their stream... racist bs at it's finest.

Lived in Suzhou which is just west of Shanghai for 18 months and did a lot of my work in Shanghai and south of Beijing proper (weeks on and off at a time).

The people are generally that bad, most notably the younger generation. In school with them it's all about competition and they largely have no problem-solving skills, cant think on their own and don't know what critical thinking are.

They spend all their time memorizing. That's it, they just memorize for the GaoKao which is the only test they take which says whether they get into university or not. When in, it's the same thing, memorize for 3 tests.

When home all they do is play games when not memorizing stuff and follow streamers. Their mentality is sort of like worker ants and the streamer is the queen. It's eerily like that and when you deal with them in public, if you speak in English, they treat you properly and if they don't ignore you, they say things within a facade.

Luckily I speak Mandarin and when you hear them in their native language, it's some of the most f#cked up stuff you hear.

I liken them to locusts, they compete, destroy, consume and move on. It's seen in video games as well which is why I tend to favor region locking with them as a country.

9 minutes ago, Darkintellect said:

Lived in Suzhou which is just west of Shanghai for 18 months and did a lot of my work in Shanghai and south of Beijing proper (weeks on and off at a time).

The people are generally that bad, most notably the younger generation. In school with them it's all about competition and they largely have no problem-solving skills, cant think on their own and don't know what critical thinking are.

They spend all their time memorizing. That's it, they just memorize for the GaoKao which is the only test they take which says whether they get into university or not. When in, it's the same thing, memorize for 3 tests.

When home all they do is play games when not memorizing stuff and follow streamers. Their mentality is sort of like worker ants and the streamer is the queen. It's eerily like that and when you deal with them in public, if you speak in English, they treat you properly and if they don't ignore you, they say things within a facade.

Luckily I speak Mandarin and when you hear them in their native language, it's some of the most f#cked up stuff you hear.

I liken them to locusts, they compete, destroy, consume and move on. It's seen in video games as well which is why I tend to favor region locking with them as a country.

Exactly what i recognized. Especially theworker ant thing. Especially i think that they play for two reasons.

1. Competition: show the rest of the world that you are the best. By any means! That's why you encounter so much exploiting within their ranks. It's not about fair pvp or something like that. It's just destroying and dominating everyone else by any means.

2. Profit: they earn money throug their streams. And what people want to see is somebody raptoring up Foreigners. I've Even encountered Europeans who paid them to wipe a server and heard about streamers blackmailing people like "if you want to play on this server you need to pay us money or we'll wipe you"

That's some of the worst behavior i ever encountered. And the worst thing ist, that they keep returning again and again even after they got defeated and their bases raided.

Ok first off I love Ragnarok

second it was implemented extremely poorly

EVERY salesman knows that if u offer a new product that product has to be available in order to sell it. I just logged in with 5 hours to play and all 3 PVE servers were at 70/70 for the entire 5 hours, this is wrong, this is going to cost you a lot of players, if you have 1 server or 100 servers if EVERY SINGLE SERVER is full 24/7 then you need to open more servers period! this is common business practice 101, cmon guys its not rocket science, you need to open more servers and not in August by which time u will have pissed off half ur existing playerbase.

Second the pillar situation, no the current method of using pillars to mark our territory was not optimal, BUT it worked, the current system you have is by far WORSE than what you had before, now instead of someone putting down 2 pillars and not affecting the environment around said pillars you now have to put down a structure ( pillar and ceiling or pillar and foundation) which now affects 25m RADIUS around said pullar, honestly your decision to change pillar decay to 12 hours was the wrong choice. best bet is to put the decay system back how it was, and simply open enough servers to deal with your playerbase that wants access to ragnarok. happy players keep playing, unhappy ones dont. 

YOU MANIACS!  you went and made a map so good that the whole community is tearing itself apart trying to get in and claim as much land as possible! the greed of human beings even in video games is always astonishingly repugnant... now if u'll excuse me i have 2000 pillars to craft because i totally need 1 billion square miles for my free range dodo ranch.

On 16/06/2017 at 4:40 AM, Darkintellect said:

It needs to happen but it won't for monetary reasons.  Chinese add millions to wildcard coffers, and if they were region locked Chinese streamers wouldn't be making money griefing and wiping European servers.

On 17/06/2017 at 0:31 PM, Sneakers said:

Ok first off I love Ragnarok

second it was implemented extremely poorly

EVERY salesman knows that if u offer a new product that product has to be available in order to sell it. I just logged in with 5 hours to play and all 3 PVE servers were at 70/70 for the entire 5 hours, this is wrong, this is going to cost you a lot of players, if you have 1 server or 100 servers if EVERY SINGLE SERVER is full 24/7 then you need to open more servers period! this is common business practice 101, cmon guys its not rocket science, you need to open more servers and not in August by which time u will have pissed off half ur existing playerbase.

Second the pillar situation, no the current method of using pillars to mark our territory was not optimal, BUT it worked, the current system you have is by far WORSE than what you had before, now instead of someone putting down 2 pillars and not affecting the environment around said pillars you now have to put down a structure ( pillar and ceiling or pillar and foundation) which now affects 25m RADIUS around said pullar, honestly your decision to change pillar decay to 12 hours was the wrong choice. best bet is to put the decay system back how it was, and simply open enough servers to deal with your playerbase that wants access to ragnarok. happy players keep playing, unhappy ones dont. 

Really what needs to happen is there needs to be a certain number of structures within a certain radius for the build blocking effects to activate.  Also beh gates should stay as they are.  Everything else should have at least 10 structures within a 25 m radius to activate the build blocking.

• 2 months later...
On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 5:29 PM, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Sadly devs feel like that we don't have enough intrest in one. Source :( 

Which seems ridculous cause we are like the only cluster that hits max pop with realiablity there are PvE servers that are always empty

I think what Jat means is, if you were early access and paid $19.95 for this game, they don't care about old money anymore. Their audience are the $60.00 customers.  The announcement of the new DLC  when they don't even have servers for Ragnarok is just marketing looking for more new money. Check the numbers on legacy servers. Old money players have given up on this broken game.

• 6 months later...

Archived