Need more ragnarok servers

Victor117

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Because that "legit feeling".

Playing at anything but x1 feels like cheating or easy mode to some people.

I used to be like that.

You are not wrong. I was like that until 2 days ago but the official servers have finally broken me, just one too many crash and rollbacks resulting in lost dinos. Was tempted by Ragnarok release but 10 mins on a server to see blanket pillar spam was enough. Only so many times you can restart at x1.

Hi,

the topic says it all. I can only find 3 official PVE servers for the EU at the moment. 3x70 players = 210 players at the same time. How is that going to work in the evening. Right now its around 13:20, which means most people are still in school or working. 2 servers are around 67/70, one is at 70/70.

Please add more servers. :Jerblove:

Greetings.

8 hours ago, Majix said:

I don't get what possible reason people would willingly play on Official Servers when its full of clowns who feel the need to ruin everyone's fun.  You get zero benefit from running officals, only thing you could POSSIBLY get is security knowing server isnt going anywhere. Well, there are so - so many unofficials that carry vanilla settings/ clusters with active fair and calm admins.  IMO possibility of server going down > stress on officials. 

That security and the fact that it is sure to have a community is why I and many are playing on official, having a private server with 3 people on or never knowing when someone runs out of funds to keep the server up or just tired and says screw it, makes for a big NO from many me included.

Just realised what isolated server are there just seprate cluster server that will never rejoin offical my bad thought they were servers that would in time like SE Server rejoin offical..... if thats the case hope they add some more server because if the dont not many pvp players will get to build on ragna theres already a fight going on over some severs idk imo a se style realease would have been way better! More servers more opportunities for small tribes to have fun and give it a go! Most servers i've see already have some mega tribe threating everone to leave the server i guess atlease with a few of them in a war people might get a week or so!

1 hour ago, Skorpion89 said:

Hi,

the topic says it all. I can only find 3 official PVE servers for the EU at the moment. 3x70 players = 210 players at the same time. How is that going to work in the evening. Right now its around 13:20, which means most people are still in school or working. 2 servers are around 67/70, one is at 70/70.

Please add more servers. :Jerblove:

Greetings.

Not 210 players playing in Ragnarok, only 5-15. How?

Bunch of people put pillers and foundations everywhere so how 210 player playing?

The reason alot of people agree with a full server wipe, including the ark downloads. Is think of all the people who left official servers because of constant trolls. I know atleast on xbox we used to have well over 200 servers full on release and they couldnt add them fast enough. Now we have 670 servers for pvp and 8/10 have less than 20 people. You may try to get started on a server but if one of the bigger tribes see's you well goodbye little stone house. Thus everybody who is not currently well set up will never get there, and those who do get to a decent point get wiped by someone who has 5k extra rockets sitting around and is bored.

11 hours ago, spacejam said:

While that is the generic answer we give now,   it shouldn't have to be the answer I cant imagine this game doing well on full release if they don't wipe all servers or at least wipe half and close them to transfers. Wc will only alienate new members coming to this game.

I can imagine it now, wow I just bought this new game from my local gaming store and I paid $80 for it. Logs on for the very first time and some battle hardened idiot would be like why are you on my server get off.   Said customer tries this on a couple servers with the same results. New customer goes this game is stupid and returns. eventually wildcard goes broke for not looking after new player base on full release and listening to the bunch of cry babies that don't wanna loose all their work in a alpha game

m8 on pvp your base can easily be destroyed, c4 isnt that expensive, on pve if u dont login in 7days your dinos and wooden structures are demolishable, 15days for metal, those cry babies ur mentioning would rather not have everything they were working towards ( breeding mutations, boss rex's, tek gear etc.) completely wiped, when it takes months of hard work to get there, example, if you payed over 60$ for a game, would you want everything u worked for more than a year to just go away over night just because they released it and some thatch noobs want older players to be wiped so they're even, even though the older players have been playing for years more and worked way harder? 

back to the topic, only ragnarok server under 70 players leads me to dlc site -_- my m8 managed to join a server with 70 players I right clicked his game info and it said 148/70 players, so more servers will definetely need to be added since I cant even login to explore the new map pve or pvp

Devs on wipe
https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/7/343787283759101650/

5 minutes ago, Klakky said:

m8 on pvp your base can easily be destroyed, c4 isnt that expensive, on pve if u dont login in 7days your dinos and wooden structures are demolishable, 15days for metal, those cry babies ur mentioning would rather not have everything they were working towards ( breeding mutations, boss rex's, tek gear etc.) completely wiped, when it takes months of hard work to get there, example, if you payed over 60$ for a game, would you want everything u worked for more than a year to just go away over night just because they released it and some thatch noobs want older players to be wiped so they're even, even though the older players have been playing for years more and worked way harder? 

back to the topic, only ragnarok server under 70 players leads me to dlc site -_- my m8 managed to join a server with 70 players I right clicked his game info and it said 148/70 players, so more servers will definetely need to be added since I cant even login to explore the new map pve or pvp

Devs on wipe
https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/7/343787283759101650/

Completely untrue. You quoted something from a year ago. The stance is completely different now. And there is still a very good chance. They even said it might still happen. 

13 minutes ago, Klakky said:

you know the internet bro, quote or it didnt happen, wheres your quote?

I have already quoted it on multiple threads. The mods aren't going to want me to do that. Find any wipe discussion on here and multiple people have quoted it. Two different times now devs have said there may or may not. 

One dev actually said when it comes time to vote on it he will for yes for the wipe

12 hours ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

ORP pvp has no rag servers :( Devs say its not planned because lack of interest. The community of 200+ ORP players would like to disagree and were disappointed by the inability to play one on their cluster. 

Edit: Not salty. actually that is a lie, really upset. Can't play the new map and get Griffins or Icewyverns or Magma elementals

You can, you just need to stop playing with training wheels.

40 minutes ago, NONE said:

You can, you just need to stop playing with training wheels.

Rather rude. We are blocked from content such as the Griffin, not just a map. If you'd like to help me replicate my base on a non ORP PvP server, you are more than welcome to. Hint: Gonna take millions of ingots

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

I have already quoted it on multiple threads. The mods aren't going to want me to do that. Find any wipe discussion on here and multiple people have quoted it. Two different times now devs have said there may or may not. 

One dev actually said when it comes time to vote on it he will for yes for the wipe

PM me a link then

43 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Rather rude. We are blocked from content such as the Griffin, not just a map. If you'd like to help me replicate my base on a non ORP PvP server, you are more than welcome to. Hint: Gonna take millions of ingots

I'd rather not, but my point remains, you're as free to play on a new server as anybody else, you just can't expect your niche server type to get as much attention as the more popular server types.  And sorry to be rude, but the analogy is fitting. You can still have a lot of fun with training wheels.

Archived